aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Yeah I was like that... here's my gripe though.

I worked for a year in the cafe at the railway station. So many more of you may know me than you think :p Now I was the most experienced member of staff and frequently had to open at 7am on my own. We only have a 50 float in the till and the first customer usually pays for a coffee with a 20 note. So I used up all my pound coins within 2 people... so I have to run to the office to the safe and get change cos I am the only member of staff actually in the building and when I come back there is a massive queue and people are looking at me like why the fuck did you take so long... ARRGGGGG!!! So yeah people who pay with 20 notes as soon as a shop has opened are cunts. If it's quiet and I have time to get change or if it's a bit later and I have some notes in my till, that's equally fine... but when you can see I am the only one there at 7am fuck right off.

But this only seems to be a problem in the United "more than my jobs worth" Kingdom. In the States recently, we went into a shop first thing in the morning, and bought a t shirt, about $16 odd with a $100 bill. The assistant didn't have a problem with it.

The level of service in shops and restaurants over here is pathetic, and before anyone starts, I worked in a bar/restaurant for 4 and a half years. This country is full of grumpy bastards who think customers get in the way of them doing their job. There is a pet hate right there.

But this only seems to be a problem in the United "more than my jobs worth" Kingdom. In the States recently, we went into a shop first thing in the morning, and bought a t shirt, about $16 odd with a $100 bill. The assistant didn't have a problem with it.

The level of service in shops and restaurants over here is pathetic, and before anyone starts, I worked in a bar/restaurant for 4 and a half years. This country is full of grumpy bastards who think customers get in the way of them doing their job. There is a pet hate right there.

This is true. Also, the tipping culture in bars over there means the bar tender is always your best friend. Over here, if you order a cocktail they passive aggressively whine about the additional effort required, in expectation of a tip.

True, but it does get a bit annoying when you walk into every shop having somebody saying "How are you today?". I always said "Fine, how are you?", and they always said "Good, thanks.".

I was going to ask one of them if they were really having a good day, and indeed if they were having a shitty day whether they would admit that or lie to the unsuspecting customer.

But I couldn't be arsed.

The problem is with the floats. We have to stick to company policy which says 50 at the start of your shift, and any spare money must be kept in the safe. I actually enjoyed going to the safe, got to sit down for 20 seconds! The problem was when I got back and people were moaning they had no time and why didn't I have more money in my till. It's not my fault and I really don't like people whingeing at me for doing what my manager told me to do.

But such is the service industry I suppose! Customers always right etc

True, but it does get a bit annoying when you walk into every shop having somebody saying "How are you today?". I always said "Fine, how are you?", and they always said "Good, thanks.".

I was going to ask one of them if they were really having a good day, and indeed if they were having a shitty day whether they would admit that or lie to the unsuspecting customer.

But I couldn't be arsed.

I don't have a problem with that, at least you can get help in shops if you need it, and they are always more than happy to help you. I hate clothes shopping over here, so much so that I normally wait until I'm back over the water to buy stuff.

This is so true.

It is a million times worse in France however. I'm sure in the holiday spots where you get proper garon waiters playing up to tourists it's not the case but day to day tobacconists and barmen and shop assistants here are the most awful people to walk the earth. Give me inane chit chat about the weather with a Morrison's check out assistant anyday over the sour faced cunts you get here. The other day I had to wait until a barman smoked a whole fag outside until he served me. A whole fag! You see me coming through the door, that shit should be thrown away immediately. Unfortunately it was the only pub showing english football so I had no choice, otherwise I would have left and told him he was an idiot.

The problem is with the floats. We have to stick to company policy which says 50 at the start of your shift, and any spare money must be kept in the safe. I actually enjoyed going to the safe, got to sit down for 20 seconds! The problem was when I got back and people were moaning they had no time and why didn't I have more money in my till. It's not my fault and I really don't like people whingeing at me for doing what my manager told me to do.

But such is the service industry I suppose! Customers always right etc

Yes the service industry can be a bitch, but just man up and deal with it. Explain the problem to the customers. Any that accept it will be decent and wait. Those that don't are clearly cunts.

I don't have a problem with that, at least you can get help in shops if you need it, and they are always more than happy to help you. I hate clothes shopping over here, so much so that I normally wait until I'm back over the water to buy stuff.

So much fucking cheaper as well. Wish I'd brought back more now.

Guest Gladstone
I'll take the hint. No more talk of living in another country, didn't do Cloud much favours. I've got to moan to someone tho.

That wasn't a hint for you to not talk about France....

It was just a joke. Nowt more :)

Guest idol_wild

People who constantly complain about how crap their job is, or how they "can't be assed going to work today", whilst I am eager to get back into work because I want to work. It's a fucking insult, you bunch of fucking chuffers.

People who constantly complain about how crap their job is, or how they "can't be assed going to work today", whilst I am eager to get back into work because I want to work. It's a fucking insult, you bunch of fucking chuffers.

I don't care how much I dislike a job. Put on a brave face and get on with it. Money's money. Can't say more than that!

My pet hate is NHS grampian overspending! I was an auxiliary nurse but they overspent last year so cutting down on bank staff thus why I have no job cos it's impossible to get shifts, hence searching for a new one. Although looks like wait is over.

Oh and 3 hour group job interviews suck when you're not told how long they will last :(

Second this. When I was out of work this would drive me round the bend.

Also, last thing you want when in work, is fellow employees telling you how much they "can't be assed today". Fair enough if you're having a particularly bad day for whatever reason, but these are the type of cunts who literally say it every day.

Same type of people who engineer a sickie - putting on an exaggerated show of 'coming down with something' then lo and behold, next day they've phoned in sick. You're fooling no-one.

"can't be assed today". Fair enough if you're having a particularly bad day for whatever reason, but these are the type of cunts who literally say it every day.

Yes! One of the guys at my work is like this every day he comes in. "I fucking hate this place", "Man, I can't be assed today", "I'm sooooo hungry".

Thing is, I'm his boss so I get a nice satisfaction from telling him to shut the fuck up and get on with it.