aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Chinese takeaways fucking up your order.

Yes sir, I do think it'll be awfully fucking dry without the sweet 'n' sour sauce. And the fact it's called "sweet 'n' sour chicken" might be a clue that the sauce is a pretty fucking vital part of it.

Useless chunts

I'm putting forward idle chit chat again. Cos I fucking hate it.

[Lunch time at work, my boss returns]

Boss - Hey!

Teabags - Hi.

Boss - Guess where I've been.

Teabags - I have no idea.

Boss - I've been at DFS.

Maybe he wasn't meaning the furniture shop and it was somewhere really interesting.

Diarrhoea Fetish Symposium or such like....

People who don't turn up for 6-a-side football without telling anybody. How hard is it to fire a text to the organiser so that someone else can be asked? 4-a-side is fucking bollocks.

People who do turn up for said game of football and then complain whenever someone goes in shoulder-to-shoulder or uses their strength to disposses them. It's a contact sport, midget.

People who don't turn up for 6-a-side football without telling anybody. How hard is it to fire a text to the organiser so that someone else can be asked? 4-a-side is fucking bollocks.

Whossat then?

People who do turn up for said game of football and then complain whenever someone goes in shoulder-to-shoulder or uses their strength to disposses them. It's a contact sport, midget.

No prizes there!

Aye, that was a total pain in the arse last night. Good run out though.

Whossat then?

No prizes there!

A couple of notoriously unreliable that we've been playing with for the past few years, plus a couple of people that Womble found on Pie & Bovril (to be expected, really). The second point pertains to a boy that shares your forename, although I see you've worked that out :up:.

4-a-side is horrible! I can imagine it's alright when you're at a decent level of fitness, but I'm huffing and puffing after 10 minutes at the moment and it's a royal pain in the hoop, especially when we're playing "running keeps" but the keeper can't be arsed to stray off his line.

I love this thread, it saves me venting my tiny, insignificant gripes upon unsuspecting victims in real life.

4-a-side is horrible! I can imagine it's alright when you're at a decent level of fitness, but I'm huffing and puffing after 10 minutes at the moment and it's a royal pain in the hoop, especially when we're playing "running keeps" but the keeper can't be arsed to stray off his line.

I dread to think what'll happen when I play my fourth game of 2009 o_O

Shite.

:up:

I'm guessing we'll probably have to agree to disagree on this gibbon, but why is it shite?

My main problem tends to be that the people striking aren't actually doing the job they're paid to do. I can understand if people are being horrendously mistreated or horrendously underpaid or are having their human rights contravened but for the most part they aren't. Employees of First Bus have a pretty good deal already and the company (employees and all) would have to put in a shit load more effort to up their services in order to warrant any sort of pay increases. Ditto the Royal Mail.

All strikes do is reduce any minimal compassion that people who suck it up and do the jobs they're paid to do could possibly have for people who actually have it comparatively fucking easy. It's not like Royal Mail employees are working for 50p an hour stitching Reebok Pumps in sweltering heat. The illiterate fucks who deliver my mail are testament to the fact that their misconception of how much they are actually "worth" on a whole to society is pretty unrealistic. Shit, i'm sure there are some Eastern European people kicking about who aren't able to read English who could do the job better and complain a lot less.

I'm guessing we'll probably have to agree to disagree on this gibbon, but why is it shite?

My main problem tends to be that the people striking aren't actually doing the job they're paid to do. I can understand if people are being horrendously mistreated or horrendously underpaid or are having their human rights contravened but for the most part they aren't. Employees of First Bus have a pretty good deal already and the company (employees and all) would have to put in a shit load more effort to up their services in order to warrant any sort of pay increases. Ditto the Royal Mail.

All strikes do is reduce any minimal compassion that people who suck it up and do the jobs they're paid to do could possibly have for people who actually have it comparatively fucking easy. It's not like Royal Mail employees are working for 50p an hour stitching Reebok Pumps in sweltering heat. The illiterate fucks who deliver my mail are testament to the fact that their misconception of how much they are actually "worth" on a whole to society is pretty unrealistic. Shit, i'm sure there are some Eastern European people kicking about who aren't able to read English who could do the job better and complain a lot less.

Well done, two examples of needless (in mine and your opinion) strikes, and you're writing off every single strike ever as 'counter-productive'. Jeez :down:

Guest Gladstone

Strikes have always pissed me off to an extent too. The thing that gets me is that these guys all signed up to their employment contracts, which states their working hours, pay, etc.

In another contract, say a services contract, if you just stopped providing the service because you thought "shit, I should have tried for a better deal out of this contract" you'd be in material breach of your contract, and told to get to fuck, and probably sued for damages.

Can you imagine if the staff at McDonalds went on strike because they didn't think they were getting paid enough? People would all be of the opinion "that it's just McDonalds, what do you expect?".

Well done, two examples of needless (in mine and your opinion) strikes, and you're writing off every single strike ever as 'counter-productive'. Jeez :down:

Did you actually read the post? I said that i understand why people strike in certain situations:

I can understand if people are being horrendously mistreated or horrendously underpaid or are having their human rights contravened but for the most part they aren't.

Christ some people on here have an unnatural ability to leap right in both feet first and make an absolute mess of trying to look clever. Either that or they can't actually read. I'm undecided.

Strikes have always pissed me off to an extent too. The thing that gets me is that these guys all signed up to their employment contracts, which states their working hours, pay, etc.

In another contract, say a services contract, if you just stopped providing the service because you thought "shit, I should have tried for a better deal out of this contract" you'd be in material breach of your contract, and told to get to fuck, and probably sued for damages.

Can you imagine if the staff at McDonalds went on strike because they didn't think they were getting paid enough? People would all be of the opinion "that it's just McDonalds, what do you expect?".

Exactly my feelings on the matter. Why the fuck do they think they're special. Everyone who is employed has a job to do. Get the fuck on with it and quit whining like a bunch of girl's blouses.

Anyone who strikes should be given a written warning for each day that they miss at work relating to the strike and dismissed for gross misconduct and breach of contract. There are plenty of people out there who would willing do the jobs these moany bastards are complaining about and in some cases for less money.

Guest Gladstone

Idiots. I fucking hate them.

I've felt like I'm surrounded by idiots for a few years, they are fucking everywhere.

From the seemingly bottomless pit of morons that work for every company that I ever have to phone (phone companies, utility suppliers, council, etc etc) - who are among the most idiotic people I have ever come across - to the large amount of complete idiots that are let loose on the road, that don't know what an indicator does, don't know which lane they should be in (ever), have no concept of courtesy or take up the entire width of the road, to cyclists that drive in the dark wearing black and have no lights on their bike and aren't wearing a helmet, to the fucking morons that work in shops*, and the idiots that have blighted every single job I've ever had, and even the bloody MPs that run our country! Loads of them are complete twats. We are over-run by idiots. Nevermind any of this nonsense that we are over-run by immigrants that the BNP are spouting - it's idiots that are destroying our country.

From now on, anyone wishing to have a baby, should be given an aptitude test. I'm increasingly aware of the fact that a massive amount of the young mothers and fathers in our society today are plain stupid, and I dread to think how their children will turn out.

*not everyone who works in a shop is a moron - there are just a lot of morons that work in shops

From now on, anyone wishing to have a baby, should be given an aptitude test. I'm increasingly aware of the fact that a massive amount of the young mothers and fathers in our society today are plain stupid, and I dread to think how their children will turn out.

No need for that, Gordon Brown said a couple of weeks ago that anybody under the age of 20 who has a child will be forcibly placed in a council run home. Because we all know that the council are better at doing things than anybody else.