aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Sky Sports latest advertising campaign slogan really grinds my gears big time

'Football we know how you feel about it because we feel the same'

oh really you bunch of money obsessed cocks, cos real supporters just love long away trips on a monday night, sunday afternoon, saturday night or saturday lunchtime. real supporters are thrilled at how you continually change kick off times to suit your armchair supporter needs. yeah course you feel the same about the poor sods who actually turn up to matches with your stupid kick off times. had you put the word armchair in front of football i might have believed you. cocks

feel better for that :)

Oh God yes. There were two occaisions last season where I'd been planning to go down to St. James' Park but had to call it off because they changed the games to weekday, evening kick-offs. Really boils my piss. I know they're a bunch of money-grabbing cockshovels who need to appease as many members of the armchair brigade as possible, but come on! Changing 5 of our last 8 games of the season for TV coverage is taking the piss a bit.

Sky Sports latest advertising campaign slogan really grinds my gears big time

'Football we know how you feel about it because we feel the same'

oh really you bunch of money obsessed cocks, cos real supporters just love long away trips on a monday night, sunday afternoon, saturday night or saturday lunchtime. real supporters are thrilled at how you continually change kick off times to suit your armchair supporter needs. yeah course you feel the same about the poor sods who actually turn up to matches with your stupid kick off times. had you put the word armchair in front of football i might have believed you. cocks

feel better for that :)

I think this rant is in every issue of WSC, every month, without fail. It's true though. It couldn't possibly be more patronising.

we suffered it last season with setanta, constantly changing kick off times often at pretty short notice. I mean no wonder why they bust when they thought it was a spiffing idea to show forest green v cambridge united on a thursday night up against UEFA cup football on terrestial TV!

i find the whole 'join in' shite Sky spout really patronising as well. But to claim they feel the same about football as your average match going punter, which to me is what they're suggesting, is beyond the laws of severe patronising.

In case no-one has said it yet: Edinburgh's fucking trams.

On the plus side I was in Edinburgh for a weekend recently and it was ace being able to walk almost the entire length of Prince's Street without waiting at a pedestrian crossing.

My biggest pet hate of the trip was discovering that the street marked on our map to the hotel and the little free tourist guide book in the hotel as Haymarket Terrace, wasn't actually called Haymarket fucking Terrace. We took a 20 minute detour walking with our bags along streets we could actually find on the map, only to end up at a hotel which was literally round the corner from the train station.

Soccer AM.

What the fuck? Why is this even on telly? It's like if a bunch of fucking students over turned Soccer Saturday. It's hours upon hours of incoherent wacky waffling on by a bunch of fucking shitlumps. It's absolutely grotesque. Everything, from the cunts who dress up and put on an exaggerated accent whilst doing something painfully irrelevant and fucking stupid, to Skills School. A group of pampered, spoiled children, advocating the nonsensical glamour that rides on the coat tails of professional football, like a Harlem Globetrotters-like sporting pantomime performed by kids called "Jazz" and "Rocky". Get fucked, you fucking cunts. Good grief, it is just awful. The worst thing on telly by miles and miles, and completely pointless when there's Football Focus and Soccer Saturday, where football is actually talked about, and not just glanced upon whilst clarting about like if a Freshers Week parade tore through the set of a Gay Burlesque show. Mindless fannying around. Set of cunts. Fuck off.

Soccer AM.

What the fuck? Why is this even on telly? It's like if a bunch of fucking students over turned Soccer Saturday. It's hours upon hours of incoherent wacky waffling on by a bunch of fucking shitlumps. It's absolutely grotesque. Everything, from the cunts who dress up and put on an exaggerated accent whilst doing something painfully irrelevant and fucking stupid, to Skills School. A group of pampered, spoiled children, advocating the nonsensical glamour that rides on the coat tails of professional football, like a Harlem Globetrotters-like sporting pantomime performed by kids called "Jazz" and "Rocky". Get fucked, you fucking cunts. Good grief, it is just awful. The worst thing on telly by miles and miles, and completely pointless when there's Football Focus and Soccer Saturday, where football is actually talked about, and not just glanced upon whilst clarting about like if a Freshers Week parade tore through the set of a Gay Burlesque show. Mindless fannying around. Set of cunts. Fuck off.

I agree, it has a very 90's feel about it!!!

Soccer AM.

That programme always seemed like later-period FHM or Loaded magazine was suddenly transferred onto TV to me.

That programme always seemed like later-period FHM or Loaded magazine was suddenly transferred onto TV to me.

Really does, mixed with some Blackpool pier sketch panto, trying to unsuccessfully recreate some kind of Benny Hill like comedy 20 years too late, really badly. It's tediously laddish to the extreme. Horrible. I'm glad Lovejoy got out whilst he could because he's a likeable chap.

I'm putting forward idle chit chat again. Cos I fucking hate it.

[Lunch time at work, my boss returns]

Boss - Hey!

Teabags - Hi.

Boss - Guess where I've been.

Teabags - I have no idea.

Boss - I've been at DFS.

Why the fuck did I need to know that? He hasn't said another word since that. There was no point to him telling me. But he felt the need to regardless.

Also, colds. I have a fucking cold. And I fucking hate it.