aberdeen-music

What this scene needs

Guest Bob

• 1 month later...

in all my incarnations on this website my opinion hasnae changed, sometimes we have good-ish bands that pop up and look good against the wall of crap in aberdongle- see PVH and the needles. but this town is fucked band wise. no unifying sound or remit, no ideas.

i really wish it would get better. but i doubt it.

my one point ( or two)

is we need less musicians and more artists.

real people have to become involved in music, otherwise its just interscene ego wank.

dudes sort it out!

I miss Caribou. I think we should write a letter for them to come back one more time.

In sept, I have the best week of my life which involves Caribou :D Got Scotland v. Lithuania on Sept 8th, followed by a trip to Dusseldorf and Paris for France v. Scotland. Fly back on the Friday, arriving in Glasgow on friday 14th, to see GoTeam and Caribou.... followed by Inverness Caley at Parkhead on the Saturday. Before moving to my new flat later that evening :)

• 1 month later...
In sept, I have the best week of my life which involves Caribou :D Got Scotland v. Lithuania on Sept 8th, followed by a trip to Dusseldorf and Paris for France v. Scotland. Fly back on the Friday, arriving in Glasgow on friday 14th, to see GoTeam and Caribou.... followed by Inverness Caley at Parkhead on the Saturday. Before moving to my new flat later that evening :)

wow, i take it it actually was the best week of your life then!:gringo:

• 10 months later...
would not playing the "scene" venues not shuv u into the east neuk, moorings and malt mill though? to be honest id rather be part of the "scene" and play a decent venue thanks!

Way to cut your nose off to spite your face, seeing as people that use the Malt Mill and East Neuk will tend to use the other venues too.

As for The Moorings...ever actually been inside?