aberdeen-music

What this scene needs

Guest Bob

the moorings is actually quite nice yeah take that back, but i do prefer playing in the venues much nearer union street, like tunnels or drummonds, i turned down a gig in east neuk, coz i feel like im gonna get an STI just from being there!

Come on, what's the distance from Union Street to the Moorings? It's about a 3 minute walk at the most...and you're always guaranteed an audience in The Moorings, unlike Drummonds or Tunnels.

I notice that you're actively looking for gigs by including that (Gigs?) next to your band name...might be wise not to slag off other venues if you're actively looking for them rather than the gigs coming to you :)

have you ever actually been to the east neuk? cos theres fuck all wrong with it. and the manager is pretty down to earth with alot fo the gigs that go on.

and the moorings is one of the best venues. christ, you even get cost price drink if you're playing!

I hope the rest of your band know you've just shot them all in the foot.

i dont know what ur on about, i see you have negative rep points to, think you should be careful what your saying, i just said something a little stupid, your going about like you own the place, and personal prefence, i dont like the moorings

aren't you in a metal band? surely the moorings is the best venue for you starting out. and the east neuk gigs would be handy for supports too but i guess you've scuppered that.

moorings also has the best range of beers in aberdeen, bar none.

We're a whole 200 yards from Union Street! It's even worse on the way back as EVERY SINGLE STEP is uphill. The Tunnels is closer... but only if you dig :)

I'm glad you don't like the bar because that would indicate that we have been successful in targeting the correct demographic.

I love the moorings. Only ever had one gig there (dont think we were allowed back haha) but really is brilliant place for a gig. As im sure 95% of this forum will agree with!

i dont know what ur on about, i see you have negative rep points to, think you should be careful what your saying, i just said something a little stupid, your going about like you own the place, and personal prefence, i dont like the moorings

So you don't want to play the Mill, Neuk, Moorings because they are scene? What...because people attend gigs in these venues?

You're too cool for your own good.:rolleyes:

and tbh, the only one of thes eplaces i actually think are shit is the east neuk, the othe rtwo i just dotn like as a personal preferecne, i feel iv kinda been victimised here for speaking my opinion = [

I feel like you should kinda stop whining like a bitch.

And fucking hell, typos are one thing but you're damn near fucking illegible.

and tbh, the only one of thes eplaces i actually think are shit is the east neuk, the othe rtwo i just dotn like as a personal preferecne, i feel iv kinda been victimised here for speaking my opinion = [

ach take it on the chin. folks are just protective of the moorings i guess. particularly when someone new comes along and says it's shit in one of their first posts.

if you don't like the moorings then focus on the venues you like and target promoters who use those venues for gigs. my point though was that as a metal band you're easiest route to getting decent local gigs to start with would be playing the moorings on a saturday night with fudge. you get a decent crowd, discounted booze and it's a paid gig. of course there are other metal promoters in town who use drummonds and the tunnels.

I feel like you should kinda stop whining like a bitch.

Is there a need to bring personal abuse into this?

Pointing out where he's wrong, giving him some helpful advice is great..but don't abuse the guy simply for being naive. Maybe by posting constructive rebuttals, he might give the East Neuk/Moorings another shot.

And anyway, you do enough whining when you get negative reputation points. Don't throw stones when in a glass house and all that ;)

• Upvote 2

Why bother resurrecting a thread 11 months after it was last posted on?

24 pages of arguing, bickering and whining and you thought re-opening by slagging off places was a good idea?