aberdeen-music

Girl Drummers - yay or nay?

Guest valley69

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your into tech music then girl drummers arent really going to hold up. maybe this is because girls tend not to be into technical music?

but seriously....its not what you can play, but the integrity that you play with.

so meg white, lorna from park attack or the girl from ffd kick most guys asses. they all play with unique styles and i think thats something more important than being able to play double bass at a million miles an hour etc.

if jimmy hendrix was a girl and played in the exact same sloppy style do you think people would still call her a genius?

This thread is ludicrous

I have to say who ever started this thread has kinda pissed me of! :moody: This really shouldn't be an issue at all, let me lay it out for you all, Yes indeed you get bad girl drumers and you also get shit hot ones...Kapeesh! It's it exactly the same for guys so whats the big fucking deal! :swearing: If you want proof of this come along and see mydownfall. Iv'e seen a few comments about the white stripes drummer and she probably is utter bolocks but don't forget there such a thing as a mature drummer...

e.jpg

Watch Sheila E on Prince's 'Sign O the Times' tour. Good Lord...

Obviously there's no reason why ladies can't be good drummers, but the fact is there are very very few. And I don't just mean uber-technicality, I genuinely haven't seen many who have anything more than very basic ability. But the same goes for guitar, tbh. I don't think many ladies are interested enough to put in the amount of time and dedication necessary to become really good. They usually have better things to do...

e.jpg

Obviously there's no reason why ladies can't be good drummers' date=' but the fact is there are very very few. And I don't just mean uber-technicality, I genuinely haven't seen many who have anything more than very basic ability. But the same goes for guitar, tbh. I don't think many ladies are interested enough to put in the amount of time and dedication necessary to become really good. They usually have better things to do...[/quote']

I'd agree with this one.

e.jpg

Obviously there's no reason why ladies can't be good drummers' date=' but the fact is there are very very few. And I don't just mean uber-technicality, I genuinely haven't seen many who have anything more than very basic ability. But the same goes for guitar, tbh. I don't think many ladies are interested enough to put in the amount of time and dedication necessary to become really good. They usually have better things to do...[/quote']

Usually?! Who's doing the washing up and the ironing while they're out playing gigs?!?!

:laughing::laughing::finger::laughing::jester:

Seriously though, the girl from Hole was no bad. Sometimes I think girls just aren't aggressive enough to play drums. Oh and doesn't Kid Rock have a big black woman playing drums?

Guest valley69
I have to say who ever started this thread has kinda pissed me of! :moody: This really shouldn't be an issue at all' date=' let me lay it out for you all, [i']Yes indeed you get bad girl drumers and you also get shit hot ones...Kapeesh! It's it exactly the same for guys so whats the big fucking deal! :swearing: If you want proof of this come along and see mydownfall. Iv'e seen a few comments about the white stripes drummer and she probably is utter bolocks but don't forget there such a thing as a mature drummer...

have u actually read what the first post says? i was agreeing with what your saying here but just wondered why some folk slagged chick drummers off.

I agree that I don't think it's about sexism really at all - it might be one of life's unfathomable mysteries but there's not many women at all on a larger scale held up as being right at the top of their game on drums. Confusing.

psydolls hit the nail.

I agree that I don't think it's about sexism really at all - it might be one of life's unfathomable mysteries but there's not many women at all on a larger scale held up as being right at the top of their game on drums. Confusing.

I think it's probably down to percentages again. I've probably seen hundreds, if not thousands, of male drummers but would only rave about a handful, whereas I've probably not seen more than 30 female drummers.

If you were to pick 30 male drummers at random I doubt you would get one at the top of their game.

Our drummer gets a lot of stick for being a lass. People say stuff like' girls just arent built for drums ' or 'girls dont have rythm'. To be honest i think such statements are utter bollocks and that a good drummer is someone who can keep a good rythm ' date=' has a good sense of creativty and doesnt go too over the top, regardless if they have tits or not.

What the fuck do [b']you think?

Here are the essentiials

1- Nice tits

2- A real nice ass

3 - Hot looking

The downers

1 - Match stick arms

2- A right minger!

I'd add Nan Turner from Schwervon! as another example of a female drummer with style. Another addition would be Rachel from The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players' date=' although she is lacking on the technical skill. Still, seeing as she's only nine I'm sure she'll improve.[/quote']

I should have remembered those two!! Nan does everything a drummer needs to do, and with a fair degree of panache. Rachel is also ace.....asking to go to the lavvie in the middle of a song is my kind of drum solo. I know it's heresy to all you drummers, but my heart sinks when a drum solo starts, eg "Moby Dick" or "Toad".....eek!!!!