aberdeen-music

Confessions

ca_gere

Was it a proper fued? 'cause there's a video of him singing with them post Nolan, before they got The Colour Fred on the go.. I know Nolan and Lazzara had a big fall out like..

No, it wasn't a "proper fued." It was still the emo equivalent of a rap-war.

The fued doesn't really add up. Brand New and TBS were scheduled to tour together very shortly after both of their debut records had been released which had songs bitching about each other on them. Sounds like a hoax to me.

"That Lacey guy sure did get me good, but just wait til he hears this pop punk ditty I've written about him".

Aye, that'll teach him.

Exactly! Its bloody hilarious.

Jesse Lacey wrote a song called "70 times 7" which included the line "have another drink and drive yourself home. I hope there's ice on all the roads, and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt, and again when you're head goes through the windshield." This was how he felt about Lazarra (or was it Nolan) after they dunted his bird. Taking Back Sunday responded with "There's No "I" in Team." A few weeks later they all hugged each other and talked about their feelings and everything was ok. No drive-bys here. No siree.

No, it wasn't a "proper fued." It was still the emo equivalent of a rap-war.

Exactly! Its bloody hilarious.

Jesse Lacey wrote a song called "70 times 7" which included the line "have another drink and drive yourself home. I hope there's ice on all the roads, and you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt, and again when you're head goes through the windshield." This was how he felt about Lazarra (or was it Nolan) after they dunted his bird. Taking Back Sunday responded with "There's No "I" in Team." A few weeks later they all hugged each other and talked about their feelings and everything was ok. No drive-bys here. No siree.

There's a video of Lacey singing in There's No "I" In Team live after Nolan left and Lazarra says "You might know this as 70 times 7 depending on when you heard it" or something like that.

I really like this song:

I don't like anything else I've heard by them.

Confession - I have a larger than life collection of their stuff. I'm only missing a few things. I spent 20 quid on a 1 track cd once. I also bid up to 100 quid on their first ep and lost. Oh, and i have 'that jacket' from the Anything Can Happen video...

Confession - I have a larger than life collection of their stuff. I'm only missing a few things. I spent 20 quid on a 1 track cd once. I also bid up to 100 quid on their first ep and lost. Oh, and i have 'that jacket' from the Anything Can Happen video...
Yeah, but you're not a super awesome reputation points fucking master, so nobody gives a fuck that you like them like they do that I do.

SICK BURN.

Serious post is serious.

I totally got suckered by an April Fool that one of the Twitter football feeds ran this morning. Roy Keane training to be a referee. I took it as gospel. Thought it was a great idea. Thought to myself that there should be more tough guy referees to stamp down their authotity. Even imagined there was a window of opportunity that Roy Keane would headbutt Patrick Vieira once and for all, and send him off for diving.

What a fucking sucker.

Getting aggro about music people like is dumb.

I must confess, to keep it on topic, that I used to do it. But I had an excuse. I was 16. I still liked mint tunes when I was 16 though. But I was also an idiot.

I'm not aggro about the music they choose to like, I just feel some rage when almost every bump ITT has been to discuss the (lack of) merit of Taking Back Sunday. Even when most people are admitting that they're shit (but...).

This thread was ace until then. More confessions, fewer TBS discussions please! If there is a TBS thread on the Music Discussion forum I'll know not to open it. However, I don't want to have to avoid opening this one too, because it was good until recently.

Confession: I have only heard one TBS song, and based my opinion of the band thereon. It was godawful. I figured that they can't possibly be good. The sample size is probably too small to truly deduce their level of shitness.

Confession: I was delighted when Plymouth went into administration. I don't know why, but I HATE them.

Confession: I cheereed once when Scotland won a game of rugger. What can I say, I got caught up in the moment.

I totally got suckered by an April Fool that one of the Twitter football feeds ran this morning. Roy Keane training to be a referee. I took it as gospel. Thought it was a great idea. Thought to myself that there should be more tough guy referees to stamp down their authotity. Even imagined there was a window of opportunity that Roy Keane would headbutt Patrick Vieira once and for all, and send him off for diving.

What a fucking sucker.

I was going to post on Facebook that I'd heard that Craig Levein has stepped down as Scotland boss to take over at Kilmarnock. Then I started working and I forgot.

The second smallest toe on my right foot has a toe nail different from all the rest. It is narrow in width and thick in girth. It looks similar to the claw of a dog. Because it is so thick, it's actually impossible to cut, so I leave it. It looks pretty badass, and I'm not sure why it is why it is, but at least 5% to 8% fully believes its because I am part werewolf. Kind of.

Don't mess, or I'll take my shoes and socks off and hack you up with it.

The second smallest toe on my right foot has a toe nail different from all the rest. It is narrow in width and thick in girth. It looks similar to the claw of a dog. Because it is so thick, it's actually impossible to cut, so I leave it. It looks pretty badass, and I'm not sure why it is why it is, but at least 5% to 8% fully believes its because I am part werewolf. Kind of.

Don't mess, or I'll take my shoes and socks off and hack you up with it.

I also have a strange toe or toes

either my big toes are oversized like joiners thumbs or my little toes are extremely small

anyone want a fotae of mah feet?

...... pictorial evidence could be interesting ! :laughing:

I've lost count of how many times I've been chewing my pen at work and managed to draw over my face, failing to notice until I catch a glimpse of myself in the bathroom mirror.

I also judge bands instantly based on their names. Any (current) band with a 'The' at the start of their name I instantly assume to sound like completely generic indie. For example I couldn't tell you the difference between the Hoosiers, the Wombats and the Gallows. Or are the Gallows one of those bands that sound like they have a 'the' but don't...?

xx