aberdeen-music

Confessions

ca_gere

Surer and Tsunami have it nail on the head. If you wear sports or sports style clothing in public for anything other than sports. Your a cunt. General rule of thumb there.

That's a bit of an unfair blanket statement though. It's like saying someone is a cunt for wearing skate shoes when they are not skateboarding, even though they are remarkably popular amongst plenty of non-skaters. Dead comfy too, and they don't look like long, narrow clown shoes at size 12/13 like alot of trainers do.

I suppose I'm a bit defensive because I'm a big fan of the Adidas original stuff, but I rarely ever play sports, and they are a sports brand.

It's both for me. The peo;le wearing them and the company. It's marketed for that type of person. It's not sports clothing, it's looks like sports clothing, for people who want the rugby/university look.

That kind of person exists and will always exist - can you really be that annoyed at a company that wishes to exploit those people for financial gain? Why would they not want to appeal to a particularly affluent demographic like that?

And these guys.

Untitled.jpg

Who are they?

Exactly. It's not wearing Jack Wills clothes that turns people into wankers, it's wankers wearing Jack Wills clothing that's the issue. The same applies to Abercrombie and Hollister.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I can't afford the nice blazers on the website though.

I'd never heard of Hollister until a couple of months ago when one of my students got a job working for them. So they're for wankers too?

What's wrong with flip flops?

All this judging people based on what they wear seems a little weird and childish.

Chill dude just having a bit of fun.

Although that guy's annoying face still makes flip flops seem a bad idea by association. And a lass I saw in Markies at lunch time wearing flip flops had some of the ugliest hooves I've ever seen and that has also skewed my view for this moment in time.

The random 'just-so' bleached bits on the jeans annoy me as well.

I've never claimed my irritations were always rational.

All this judging people based on what they wear seems a little weird and childish.

No you're weird and childish.

Confession:

I used to think that the phrase 'prima donna' was 'pre-madonna'. I always knew what it meant but had no idea why 'pre-madonna' would mean that.

I meant he's a wanker more due to the fact he comes out with things like:

In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids," he says. "Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don't alienate anybody, but you don't excite anybody, either.

The fact he also looks like a right knob is just funny.

Guest idol_wild

I do not want to see another man's bare feet and bare toes. Because they are absolutely fucking disgusting.

That is what is wrong with flip flops.

I was bullied from the ages of about 8 - 17 for the clothing I was presented in. So fuck it, I am going to make fun of anyone who wears twatty clothes. Especially if they look like a cunt.

YEAH.

I think it's Hollister that hire people based on their looks or some nonsense, "cool and good looking people". If that's not attaining to some level of wankery then I don't know what is.

Also, Jack Wills is more 'country outfitter' clothing, hence the blazers and the like. The polos and the joggers don't make up that much of their site. It's still fucking pricy though, cheapest pair of joggers is about 40.