aberdeen-music

Confessions

ca_gere

Guest idol_wild
I wish I was a little bit taller. I wish I was a baller. I wish I had a girl who looked good, I would call her. I wish I had a rabbit in a hat and a bat and a 6' 4" father.

The rep/rap gods do deny me giving merit.

I don't know what people mean when they say someone is a "Jack Wills" type. Who is Jack Wills, and why is he so universally frowned upon?

In football, up until about 2 or 3 years ago, I didn't know what "holding the ball up" meant. I originally thought it meant keeping the ball off the ground, with keepy ups or something, like that Kerlon fella who carried the ball down the pitch balanced on his nose... but it didn't quite add up when pundits would mention how good Heskey was at said holding up of the ball.

The amount of books I've read, cover to cover, can be counted on no more than two hands. The amount of graphic novels probably dwarfs that figure tenfold. I just fucking love pictures.

I don't know a single lick of music theory. I know what notes all the basic open chords are, but any strange chords I come up with, I often use my tuner to find out what note it is I'm playing. I couldn't even show you any sort of scale whatsoever. I'm reasonably booksmart on time signatures though, despite not being a drummer.

I think it's more the social status associated with them? To me, the clothes are pricier than I would have been able to afford as an undergraduate. Hell, even now. I freak out spending 40 on a pair of jeans from Topshop.

Basically, the people who wear Jack Wills are the wanker students that everyone hates. The rugger buggers, the yahs, the 'wacky/random' types who get up to 'japes' on a night out.

The "Jack Wills type" usually sports overly baggy Canterbury joggers(or ones with Jack Wills/Hollister/Abercrombie down the leg in huge letters), rugby or polo shirt (collar must be popped), probably on oversized hoody along the same lines of the joggers, a puffy bodywarmer and ugg boots or flip flops. Plus perfectly orchestrated messy hair.

Surer and Tsunami have it nail on the head. If you wear sports or sports style clothing in public for anything other than sports. Your a cunt. General rule of thumb there.

What a load of wash.

Also I don't think that's what they implied at all. It's not the wearing of these clothes or the clothes themselves that are making people hate them (from what I'm reading anyway). It's the behaviour and personality of those who are wearing and popularising them that is the problem.

What a load of wash.

Also I don't think that's what they implied at all. It's not the wearing of these clothes or the clothes themselves that are making people hate them (from what I'm reading anyway). It's the behaviour and personality of those who are wearing and popularising them that is the problem.

Exactly. It's not wearing Jack Wills clothes that turns people into wankers, it's wankers wearing Jack Wills clothing that's the issue. The same applies to Abercrombie and Hollister.

Maybe I'm just jealous because I can't afford the nice blazers on the website though.

It's both for me. The peo;le wearing them and the company. It's marketed for that type of person. It's not sports clothing, it's looks like sports clothing, for people who want the rugby/university look.

Where are you getting this sports clothing thing from? It's not marketed as that and it's certainly doesn't look like that. They sell joggy bottums and faux rugby tops and that's as far as it goes towards "sports wear" but so do debenhams/river Island etc. Do you hate them as well?