aberdeen-music

Confessions

ca_gere

I hate big logos too. I like Superdry and topman quality clothes, you avoid massive logos and even have plain clothes all together. Although SD are guitly of plastering their logo everywhere on some of there stuff. Hollister offends me a little more knowing that.

Superdry is almost made for little skinny people. Their XXL is the size of a medium. It surprises me that people actually think they are a Japanese company though.

Yup, they are hired as "models" aswell which I believe makes it super easy for them to sack them

Yeah they do, they have to wear flip flops at all times and there are supposedly foot wipes in the staff room. The manageress used to do her reviews in Costa all the time, she got pissed off when I kept telling her to move on if she wasn't buying anything. I do know their weight has to be controlled and you're not allowed to wear too much make up, so if you get a spot you're pretty much fucked (my old workmate went for an interview there, so I got all the gossip)

I hate the smell that comes from the place; they spray each item with their own kind of perfume, so the area around the front door reeks.

I do think it's funny seeing 40 year old men wearing Hollister t-shirts when that brand is aimed at teenagers, and it's Abercrombie and Fitch that is for adults. They're both hideously overpriced though.

And what about the accents? Holy Christmas. I went in once and was met with a faux Amercan "how are yeeoow?". I struggled through five minutes, but didn't see a single item of clothing that looked remotely wearable.

A lot of them are American, they specifically recruited kids from the international school so they had the proper look for their start-out staff. A lot of the kids ended up putting their cv's into all the other stores in union square, desperate for more hours as Hollister wouldn't give them more.

A lot of them are American, they specifically recruited kids from the international school so they had the proper look for their start-out staff. A lot of the kids ended up putting their cv's into all the other stores in union square, desperate for more hours as Hollister wouldn't give them more.

This was in the Belfast store, and believe me, these kids were not American! There is no confusing an American accent with a Belfast attempt at one

I struggled through five minutes, but didn't see a single item of clothing that looked remotely wearable.

Probably because it's so fucking dark in there you can't even see clothes.

I went in once and ended up standing behind the checkout because it was so dark and I couldn't find the way out.

Guest idol_wild
I don't get why people hate Phil Collins so much. After hearing some of his stuff this morning on the radio it's better than most of the guff in the charts at the moment.

Is it his music people hate, or do they hate him because he's a bell-end?

I once picked up something i thought was a sausage. And being the great friend I am I split it in two to give half to my friend who was in the garden with me. Breaking open this 'sausage' revealed a god awful smell. It turned out it wasn't a sausage, but an old piece of dog shit.

Why would you eat a sausage you picked up off the ground?