aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

The horse is free but the ladder that you need if you want to climb down is hella expensive. Costs shitloads of pride.

On topic: I learned that I like REM. I'd never really given them a proper go before for no good reason but I've had Document and Automatic For The People on this morning and enjoyed them both.

It doesn't need a crate for training, you have just chosen to get one. I just recently got a puppy which was expensive (£500 for a Cavalier King Charles), but myself and my wife are putting in the time and effort to train her without locking her into a cage for the night/when we go out.

We have a enclosed bed for her that we put her in when she's sleeping, and know when she needs the toilet by her behavior. Ok we can't stop her doing the toilet at night, but by using an old rug/puppy pads we can persuade her to do the toilet in a certain place, plus we are looking at getting a dog flap to allow her to go out whenever she wants.[/quote

We wanted a crate purely because we looked after my partner's mum's puppy, and it was crate trained. Absolute dream to have. He got in to a routine of food, play, walk, toilet nap. Plus puppies like to be enclosed (as you have done with your enclosed bed).

I suppose it comes down to owner's preference, and the peeing is inevitable. They have little control over that at first.

To be honest, the crate is more for safety than anything else. She will be sleeping in the kitchen and it means she won't be able to hurt herself on anything during the night, and it's sort of a den for her.

Most of their output is very good. REM are one of few bands who released arguably 9 or 10 great records in a row, starting with Murmur, right up until New Adventures. Stuff after that is still good, but a little less consistent as what came before.

I like the earlier stuff which sounds a little like a cleaned-up latter day Husker Du, with Bob Mould-like mumbled vocals. A few years later, they realised that Stipe could actually sing and they could write massive pop hooks, and became possibly the best 'singles' band of their generation, in my opinion.

Great band.

• Upvote 1

I've been getting back into REM lately, haven't listened to them in years because when I worked in Virgin Megastore in 2002 they played the Greatest Hits album ALL DAY EVERY DAY and I thought I might kill someone if I ever heard them again. But I picked up Automatic For The People, Green and Monster a couple of weeks ago, some great great stuff on there. I saw them headline T a few years ago, pleased I got to see them before they split.

The Duracell Bunny and the Energiser Bunny are two seperate advertising bunnies. Duracell have had the bunny as their mascot since 1973, however in 1989 they failed to renew the trademark in the US, so Energiser, spotting an opportunity, swooped in and created the Energiser bunny, trademarked it, and then sued Duracell when they tried to bring theirs back. So you get the Energiser bunny in the USA, and the Duracell bunny everywhere else in the world. Bunny wars!

duracell-bunny-242x448.jpg

energizer-bunny.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duracell_Bunny

The Energizer bunny looks scabby as fuck. You can tell that was a rush job.

Guest Giles Walker

TIL that the pope has dropped the catholic church's position regarding the ban of condoms in places like sub saharan Africa, cos of like, aids and stuff.

Some dude was all "yo, so is the church cool with condoms now in general, for like, general use and shit?" and the pope was all

“It of course does not see it as a real and moral solution. In certain cases, where the intention is to reduce the risk of infection, it can nevertheless be a first step on the way to another, more humane sexuality.”

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...