aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

There is. There's 2 ace videos on YouTube which show little hidden things in company logos.

EDIT - Actually "ace" is maybe pushing it a bit. Still. Kinda cool.

The FedEx arrow is ace-ic!

I'd also noticed the Amazon smile. One other thing I thought I'd picked up on with that logo is that the arrow goes from the A to the Z... to subliminally show off the fact they stock a shitload of stuff? Maybe.

The FedEx arrow is ace-ic!

I'd also noticed the Amazon smile. One other thing I thought I'd picked up on with that logo is that the arrow goes from the A to the Z... to subliminally show off the fact they stock a shitload of stuff? Maybe.

Most of them are pretty obvious, I'd never noticed the bear in the Toblerone logo before though, or the Amazon smile.

• 2 weeks later...

Every time you enter text into one of those captcha forms you are helping to digitize old books.

One captcha phrase is from an ancient book that the text recognition software used in scanning books can't recognize and the other is a computer generated one. If you get one right, it means that you are more likely to get the other right. Genius.

• Upvote 2

Every time you enter text into one of those captcha forms you are helping to digitize old books.

One captcha phrase is from an ancient book that the text recognition software used in scanning books can't recognize and the other is a computer generated one. If you get one right, it means that you are more likely to get the other right. Genius.

if you get picture ones, your helping with photo recognition.

The Duracell Bunny and the Energiser Bunny are two seperate advertising bunnies. Duracell have had the bunny as their mascot since 1973, however in 1989 they failed to renew the trademark in the US, so Energiser, spotting an opportunity, swooped in and created the Energiser bunny, trademarked it, and then sued Duracell when they tried to bring theirs back. So you get the Energiser bunny in the USA, and the Duracell bunny everywhere else in the world. Bunny wars!

duracell-bunny-242x448.jpg

energizer-bunny.jpg

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duracell_Bunny

• Upvote 1

It also needs a crate for training.

And because we specifically wanted a Dalmatian, and they are pretty hard to find, well a Dalmatian that is well bred that is.

Due to a bout of recent in-breeding of this breed, a lot of local breeders up here have badly bred dogs. Resulting in awful behavioural and tempramental issues and often severe health problems in these dogs.

In otherwords - they can turn vicious or go deaf / get kidney stones.

The only way to get one that was "trainable" and well bred (thus less likely to contract any severe ailments) was to go down south to get one from a champ breeder.

Not cheap.

But it means we get the dog we want, from a reliable source, and means that we are preventing bad breeders from getting any business.

It also needs a crate for training.

And because we specifically wanted a Dalmatian, and they are pretty hard to find, well a Dalmatian that is well bred that is.

Due to a bout of recent in-breeding of this breed, a lot of local breeders up here have badly bred dogs. Resulting in awful behavioural and tempramental issues and often severe health problems in these dogs.

In otherwords - they can turn vicious or go deaf / get kidney stones.

The only way to get one that was "trainable" and well bred (thus less likely to contract any severe ailments) was to go down south to get one from a champ breeder.

Not cheap.

But it means we get the dog we want, from a reliable source, and means that we are preventing bad breeders from getting any business.

It doesn't need a crate for training, you have just chosen to get one. I just recently got a puppy which was expensive (£500 for a Cavalier King Charles), but myself and my wife are putting in the time and effort to train her without locking her into a cage for the night/when we go out.

We have a enclosed bed for her that we put her in when she's sleeping, and know when she needs the toilet by her behavior. Ok we can't stop her doing the toilet at night, but by using an old rug/puppy pads we can persuade her to do the toilet in a certain place, plus we are looking at getting a dog flap to allow her to go out whenever she wants.