aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

I hate folk who don't mop up their dog's mess. It's not something I learned today though. I've known for a while that I hate them. Who owns a dog in the city centre anyway? Cities aren't for dogs, and your dog probably hates you. He's sick of pavement. He's just dying to peg it around a field, dig a hole and do a poo in it.

Guest Gladstone

On the Stuart Holden thing - I'm mates with one of his best mates. This mate of mine's mum is Stuart Holden's Godmother. He used to speak about Holden fairly regularly but I had no idea who he was until the past couple of seasons. Jonny Evans ruined him.

We should hire a police man to walk up and down Ann street fining those who let their dogs shit and don't pick it up. Walking to toms is like a minefield. And yesterday in the Sun? Jesus christ almighty.

Call the City Wardens. That's their job.

http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/community_life_leisure/crime_prevention/city_warden/crp_community_warden.asp

• Upvote 2

Remember when The Rock Rock Bottomed British Bulldog on to a tray of dog shit?

That's what I want to see done to those who don't pick up after their dogs.

Although, on the wall outside Tom's there was a wee black bag. I think someone had picked up after their dog then left it there for later.

The chorus for that famous Cole Porter song "Lets Do It, Lets Fall In Love", which everyone knows as "Birds do it, Bees do it, Even educated fleas do it" was originally quite quite racist.

In Porter's publication from 1928, the opening line for the chorus carried what today seem two remarkably derogatory racial references: Chinks and Japs.

The original was:[9]

Chinks do it, Japs do it,

up in Lapland little Laps do it...

The original line can be heard in several early recordings of the song, such as a recording made by Dorsey Brothers & their Orchestra (featuring a vocal by a young Bing Crosby),[10] Rudy Vallée, both in 1928, and a version of the song by the singer and well-known broadway star Mary Martin (with Ray Sinatra's orchestra), recorded in 1944. Another example is Billie Holiday, in 1941.[11]. Peggy Lee with the Benny Goodman orchestra recorded a version in 1941 with these lyrics (see the CD "The Essential Benny Goodman" published by Columbia/Bluebird/Legacy (88697 09491 2)).

Porter changed the opening to the now famous refrain: "Birds do it, Bees do it" when he realized that the line was offensive.[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Do_It,_Let%27s_Fall_in_Love

The whoopie pie is the official state treat of Maine (not to be confused with the official state dessert, which is blueberry pie).

US States have "official" aahin though min. What's that about? There's state mammals, state animals, state cats, state birds...?

US States have "official" aahin though min. What's that about? There's state mammals, state animals, state cats, state birds...?

State cats?

State "treat" just amused me. "Not to be confused with state dessert"

If I had a state the official state treat would be coffee cake. I fucking love coffee cake. If there's one thing I love more than coffee, it's stuff that tastes like coffee.

• 4 weeks later...

The packaging for this:

With_the_lights_out_nirvana.jpg

Is heat sensitive. I've had it for like a year and a half and only noticed today that when I was holding it, then turned it over, there was a big light patch where my fingers had been. I presume, going by the title of it "with the lights out" that that is your way of turning the lights on.