aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

Crazy. It felt like he'd never retire. Him and Chelios was a mean defensive line. Hard bastards.

I still have my #5 Lidstrom Red Wings jersey that I got when I was 12 in the States. It doesn't fit, and it's gone a bit discoloured. I didn't even want it because I'd never heard of him. I wanted Steve Yzerman, but they didnt have any left. Or Federov. I almost got McCarty. Everyone loves a goon.

most people knew this or next season was his last. Same with Martin Brodeur, he's 40 now and currently in the finals against the Kings. If he wins, I reckon he'll retire. If he doesn't, who knows.

In Lidstrom's 20 year career, all with the Red Wings, they didn't once miss the playoffs. And he won 4 cups. That's nuts.

If you go on NHL.com they have the whole episode of NHL36 with Lidstrom where they spend 36 hours with them while he plays back-to-back games. It's awesome. I'd post the link but I'm on my phone.

Something I learned today, and over the course of all last week, is that Brits abroad are mostly abhorrent and obnoxious scumbags. No wonder the rest of Europe totally hates us.

WAHEEEEYYYY. LADZ ON TOUR! LAGER! TITS! TOP GEAR! MATCHING POLO SHIRTS WITH INVENTIVE NICKNAMES LIKE "DAVEZER" AND "SMITHY" ON THE BACK! OI OI! LET'S GO, LET'S GO, LET'S GO FAHCKING MENTAL!

Cunts.

• Upvote 2

Guest Gladstone

The wife and I were in Madeira last year. One night, we were in a restaurant and a table full of English people came and sat on the table just behind us. They looked respectable - i.e. not the types that Soda J is describing. Family with a couple of teenagers and a couple of older couples pretty much. They were so fucking loud it was ridiculous. You are all sitting on the same table, you know? No more than 4 feet from the person farthest away that needs to hear you. This is a direct quote from one of the adults when presented with the menu, whilst sitting in a restaurant in fucking Madeira:

"It's all in foreign"

Fuck you.

• Upvote 2