aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

Guest Giles Walker

Today i learned that Belinda Carlisle was a transitional member of the LA punk band The Germs, playing drums, but not being able to play any gigs as she got ill.

This woman

Played in this band

• Upvote 2

Heard about the Radiohead thing before but never bothered to actually make the playlist and listen. Seems a bit wacky to me. Don't really buy it.

I'm with you. I was bored last night and decided to pursue the playlist. It sounded incongruous and in no way thematically linked. Admittedly, I didn't set the 10 second crossfade, but it just sounded like two different eras of Radiohead interspersed. Whilst the theory is mildly interesting, I just don't buy it. If anything, it's probably just a little gimmick or something to keep the band amused.

The nostalgia trip was still pleasant, though.

TBH though, with the Radiohead thing.. if the two albums sounded complimentary when woven together, all that'd prove is that over 10 years they made absolutely NO progression as artists, making the second record 10 years later totally fucking redundant anyway.

The Tool one is fucking amazing though.

xx

Pretty mental saying that about Radiohead. They went from sounding like this

to this

between 1993 and 2000.

Pretty mental saying that about Radiohead. They went from sounding like this

to this

between 1993 and 2000.

No no no, I'm not saying that at all. I'm actually not a fan of theirs and haven't really heard much of their stuff beyond the singles. Just saying that this 10 year gap in making one giant album is a fucking arse-tarded idea.

xx

No no no, I'm not saying that at all. I'm actually not a fan of theirs and haven't really heard much of their stuff beyond the singles. Just saying that this 10 year gap in making one giant album is a fucking arse-tarded idea.

xx

It may be worth noting that this was Radiohead's first self released album after leaving their record label career long label EMI. It might have been something they've always wanted to do but not been allowed to.

TBH though, with the Radiohead thing.. if the two albums sounded complimentary when woven together, all that'd prove is that over 10 years they made absolutely NO progression as artists, making the second record 10 years later totally fucking redundant anyway.

If the tracks actually segued into each other and sounded like one complete piece of work it would be a bit more than that. It's not just a bunch of songs from two different albums that are of the same style. If it does work I think it would be kind of impressive albeit in a kind of gimmicky, what was the point way.

Anyway I like both albums a lot but I'm still not really bothered to check this idea out.

I'm with you. I was bored last night and decided to pursue the playlist. It sounded incongruous and in no way thematically linked. Admittedly, I didn't set the 10 second crossfade, but it just sounded like two different eras of Radiohead interspersed. Whilst the theory is mildly interesting, I just don't buy it. If anything, it's probably just a little gimmick or something to keep the band amused.

The nostalgia trip was still pleasant, though.

I did it last night, with the cross fader. The first few tracks tracks bleed into other pretty nicely, and the tone of the tracks match in places, but for me it's nothing more than coincedence. People looking for something that isn't there.

I did it last night, with the cross fader. The first few tracks tracks bleed into other pretty nicely, and the tone of the tracks match in places, but for me it's nothing more than coincedence. People looking for something that isn't there.

I take it you've heard of the Pink Floyd Wizard of Oz thing.

Today i learned that Belinda Carlisle was a transitional member of the LA punk band The Germs, playing drums, but not being able to play any gigs as she got ill.

This woman

Played in this band

From what I've read about Belinda as a young lady' date=' it's more like the Germs (and friends) were in her...[/quote']Ace. Heaven is a Place on Earth indeed.