aberdeen-music

Something I learned today

waltz

Today, or last night rather, I learned that Tequila is hell on earth.

This morning, I just briefly remembered what it tasted like, and I did a little sick in my mouth. I read somewhere that it was meant to be a sweet spirit. Lies. It tastes like what I imagine paint thinner to taste like, but perhaps worse. At least paint thinner has that sort of weirdly intoxicating aroma that marker pens have. Tequila has nothing. It looks like piss and it tastes like poison, and it makes you puke and shit everywhere.

• Upvote 1

Today I learned that, like US sitcom Sanford & Son is very obviously based on Steptoe & Son, Bill Cosby's sitcom 'Cosby' is actually based on One Foot In The Grave.

I also learned that Kevin James played two different characters in Everybody Loves Raymond. He originally played a bit part character named also named Kevin, who plays on Ray's basketball team and occasionally hangs out with him and a few others. Then he re-appears as a delivery driver named Doug in a few episodes, which opened the door for the 'unofficial' spin-off, King of Queens.

Sitcom facts.

I also learned that Kevin James played two different characters in Everybody Loves Raymond. He originally played a bit part character named also named Kevin, who plays on Ray's basketball team and occasionally hangs out with him and a few others. Then he re-appears as a delivery driver named Doug in a few episodes, which opened the door for the 'unofficial' spin-off, King of Queens.

Sitcom facts.

Ready to unlearn something? Kevin James appeared as Doug Heffernan in Everyone Loves Raymond after he had his own show (King of Queens). As the character was already established (first air date for KoQ September '98- Doug Heffernan appeared in ELR in November '98) it's considered a crossover rather than a spin-off, and Ray Barone appeared in KoQ as well.

• Upvote 1

Nope, just contributing to ongoing discussion. Arthur ranks alongside the greatest TV dads. Also see Hal from Malcolm in the Middle.

King of Queens is a weird one for me. Sitting here now, I think it's keech and can only thing of two redeeming features about it - Leah Remini's tits (LAAADS) - but whenever it's on, I can't switch it off.

There's a strange phenomena with US sitcoms where they seem to be branded as being funny even though you can watch a 30 minute (23 minute or whatever) episode and laugh twice.

xx

If you download the Streets Of Rage pack on XBox Live, it includes the European versions of the 3 games that we all know and love, but you can also play the American or Japanese versions. This is pretty awesome for a Streets Of Rage fan. There are subtle differences between the versions, like different baddies, slightly different storylines, different moves, different sound effects and in the Japanese versions all the girls are dressed like sluts (also it's called Bare Knuckle). Plus you can play as Blaze or Axl in Streets Of Rage 3 and they're wearing their proper colours. It's a bit like finding lost recordings from your favourite album 20 years after it was released.

Today I learned that Rory Gallagher's drummer is not dead.

In the 70's Rory's drummer was called Rod De'Ath, and he left the band in 1978 to go to America. In the 80's everyone assumed he had died in an accident. He had had an accident, he fell down some stairs running for a train and woke up in intensive care after being in a coma, with brain damage and no memory. He eventually regained his memory, but doctors told him his brain injury would definitely kill him within four years, so he just never bothered to tell anyone he hadn't actually died, because he figured he would soon anyway. The doctors were wrong, and he survived.

When Rory Gallagher died in 1995, most of the obituaries mentioned his drummer who had 'died' years ago. Then Rod shocked everyone by turning up to his memorial service.

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/rod-death-the-strange-story-of-rory-gallaghers-drummer/

Fuckin' drummers.

• Upvote 3