aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Similarly, people who waffle on endlessly about how much they can drink/had to drink last night/how drunk they were etc.

Oh dear GOD, I hate that too. Anyone who can list everything they had to drink in one night is not an interesting person.

Right, I know I've forgotten lots, but off the top of my head. I appear to be an old man..:

-You're/Your mix-ups annoy me more than they're/there/their, but both are horrible...

-Anyone who describes themselves as "mad". Unless they're actually certifiably insane.

-The phrase "bug-bear". Irritating. Why would you try and make something you hate sound like a sort of fluffy monster? It is truly my bug-bear.

-Sleazy boys in clubs. John, I'm only dancing!

-Those fleeces with dogs/cats/wolves/dolphins/horses on them that you get in markets that old women wear.

-My boss standing behind me at work. Pressure pressure pressure.

-I've not noticed it a lot recently (it could be because I don't use myspace much these days) but I hated it whenever you'd see someone on there who had set their display name to a hideous alliterative nickname. Something no-one has ever called them before too. I'm Kirsten. Nothing beginning with 'K' is really that good, so the worst thing would be KIRSTENKAOS! (followed by a tm or copyright symbol... fuck off.)

-People who believe those chain emails and send them on. Especially if they say "HOTMAIL IS CLOSING DOWN!!! PASS THIS ON TO 50 PEOPLE AND YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE SAVED!"

-People who say "ec-cetera", it's "et cetera"!

-People who say "PIN number". Personal Identification Number number? (I'm such a pedantic cunt sometimes. I await making a typo on here and being pulled up for it really quickly just because of all of the above :D )

-Tom Cruise.

-"I'm not being racist, but..." yes you fucking are.

-Girls who go out in groups and insist on taking the obligatory toilet mirror photo. I can't get into the sinks... and seeing a toilet in the background doesn't make for a classy image.

-"Bare jokes". Actually, this one doesn't offend me quite so much these days, but it used to.

-"Comedians" and "comedy writers" getting easy laughs by making an obvious observation on something vaguely topical/using a well known figure's name as a worn-out similie, ie: "I feel abused like Amy Winehouse's liver." Also, people who try to be political and funny, but end up just recycling old lines about George Bush or someone that weren't funny in the first place.

-People who are overly patriotic for no reason.

-Jim Davidson.

-People who go out of their way to try and be "quirky". I noticed this a lot after they first aired Skins and everyone I know seemed to turn into that Cassie girl.

-Ugg boots. Ugg boots. Fucking Ugg boots.

...I don't have many friends.

• Upvote 2

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I've never popped ye olde banjo string. hopefully I never do. I really am quite scared about it.

You should be. Never popped mine, but it got nicked (i.e. not stolen, but a minor cut) years ago and incurred some slight blood loss and understandable loss of ardour. 14 years ago and it still causes a shudder...

I should never have let it get that far anyway, the bitch hadn't even had the common decency to make sure she'd cleaned her arsehole properly.

Briefly :up:, but one nick later, not :up:

I agree with all of yours, but these are my favourites. The Buchan Observer in Peterhead is amongst the most gramatically inept papers I've ever come across. Definitely one of the most guilty parties in this regard!!

I hope the PFC reports, particularly for away games, are excepted here...:up:

Spelling mistakes in newspapers.

:)

I hate that too. VIZ is a magazine that I absolutely love but get so annoyed every time I see a typo/mistake.

There are at least 5 or 6 blatant ones every issue and I can't help thinking they just rush it out without doing a proper job. It's nothing major but... come on, sort it out. You've got a whole month to edit the thing!

The over-use of the word 'like' is one of my pet hates.

We're almost all guilty of it but teenage girls seem to be the worst offenders.

Take a breath between sentences and think about what you're saying!

Another one... the whole 'management-speak' phenomenon...or whatever it's called.

I thought it was just an exaggeration of what was only really present in corporate America untill I handed in my C.V to a temp agency to be welcomed with the sentence...

'Well we are really looking for someone who can "hit the ground running."'

It was a bloody data entry job!

I just thought to myself... 'Well I'm really looking for a receptionnist who doesn't have her head up her arse.'

Bint!

My biggest pet hate is lack of basic manners and common courtesy. This mainly manifests itself in me being filled with rage in shopping centres as people breeze through doors without holding them for the next person or even looking behind them to see if anyone's there. It only takes a couple of seconds out of your busy schedule for fuck's sake.

Close second is cyclists who don't follow the highway code, running red lights at crossings, cycling on pavements etc.

3rd would probably be other drivers. Cunts. Most recently all the fuckers on the Netherley road on last Saturday night that didn't dip their lights or ran through flooded sections without slowing down in their 4x4s throwing a massive wall of water onto my windscreen

Film trailers that show you half the film

Or trailers of computer games about the film, shown RIGHT BEFORE THE FILM THE GAME IS ABOUT!

I hate it when you get massive blokes who barge their way to the front of the crowd at a gig, then they throw a hissy fit because they're getting crushed. Some long-haired twat at Machine Head had tears in his eyes because he couldn't handle everyone pushing against him and I almost got hit in the head when he threw a tantrum. Can't handle it? Fuck off...

I also hate it when people come into the shop because it's pissing down with rain and haven't the guts to tell me the real reason they've come in; as if I'd actually care or get offended.

Also adverts for things like Yakult and Actimel where they latin-ise a word/phrase to make it sound more sophisticated and fabricate all kinds of crazy bullshit ingrediants. "Acitivus Bifidus Digestivum"? What the hell are you talking about? Get the hell off my television you git.

So I'm not the only one? Shouldn't they get into trouble from Trading Standards?

did she have braces?

I resent that, I have braces! Braces are on the front of the teeth, not the edge you bite with... so braces shouldn't really have much to do with it! In the 40-year-old virgin, that scene with the girl with braces, who the hell gives head like that?!?!

Oh new one, I hate the fact I have braces at 21. My orthodontist should have realised that a stubborn 8 year old was never going to keep her retainer in and should have just given me braces there and then.

I don't see the point in 4x4's in the town, but when you stay where I do then it's essential.

When it snows, the gritters don't get out in time where I stay, I live in a glen and if we didn't have a 4x4 we wouldn't get out of the driveway. The tractors NEVER clear the roads after they've smeared shit all over it after travelling between fields, and you end up skidding about everywhere. The snow, around Christmas, is usually 4 foot high at the very least.

A lot of the lesser used roads aren't tarred, so a lot are muddy and would be impossible to drive up without it.

Also, the tractors in our area DON'T STOP, so you have to pull over onto the grassy verge and hope that you can get back onto the road. We got stuck once, and the tractor buggered off. We had to wait until a delivery van came past to help pull us out.

(sorry, my posts seem to be getting longer)

Missing a phone call and being left a voice mail on my mobile which says something along the lines of 'Hey, it's me. Just called but you're not answering. Bye.'

I can see I have a missed call, who it is from and when you called. There was no point is wasting your credit and mine by leaving such an utterly useless message.

Ditto my manager phoning me 3 times to tell me something I didn't need to know in advance, which made no difference to my shift and only served to interupt my day off.

People who clearly give you the evil eye and have a problem with you but never actually have the guts to have it out with you.

Y'know what I really hate?

People who constantly address others who are not immediate family or loved ones as "love" There are two or three girls at my work who do this and it really grinds my fucking gears! Every fourth word seems to be "love" or "honey".

Anyone else share this pet hate?

Yorkshire is the world centre for eveyone calling everyone "love"

Leeds is in Yorkshire!!!!!!!!

Guest idol_wild
Yorkshire is the world centre for eveyone calling everyone "love"

Leeds is in Yorkshire!!!!!!!!

If it is just "love", then I can handle it.

It's just girls who, at the end of every sentence, feel the need to stick a different pet name in.

"Yeah, that makes sense, honey.

Sorry, what was that, sweetie-pie?

Okay, no problem at all, honey-bun".

That was an actual exchange a girl from my work had on the phone. I wanted to physically hurt her.