aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Folk that come into my work (a Shell garage) to buy only shopping, not petrol or diesel, then complain about the prices when there is a Tesco about 5 minutes away. People who come into my work when it's dead quiet and I'm getting some peace only for 10 Lambert & Butler or Richmond, strangely I don't mind if they buy any other brand of fag.

People who support Barack Obama ardently, despite having very little knowledge about him or his policies other than the fact he's black.

not a pet hate as such and i don't mind Obama but i totally agree with this. the amount of people who have told me how good he is, then i ask them "so why is it that you like him so much...."

There is little response. I think its the fact that there can't be much worse than Dod W Bush....which is fair enough. But yeah it does annoy me slightly....

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
People that write anymore than a few sentences in a post. Don't tell me anyones ever finished a Exposure@TheLemonTree post :up:

Oi, you cheeky fucker!

Bet you finished this one....

Guest Tam o' Shantie
For me.. The worst thing is word pronunciation....

How about ellipses with more or less than three dots in them?

Why oh why, do Blacks...

Don't get me started on these guys. Here's one I don't get - how come they're allowed to call each other 'nigger' but the last time I said it around some black guys they got really pissed off. And not just angry, totally fuming! I couldn't understand it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I onced got dumped by a vegetarian for asking her why she sore leather shoes...

Better off out of there.

It's not as if you'd ever get a blow-job from her anyway...

Not :up:

Missing a phone call and being left a voice mail on my mobile which says something along the lines of 'Hey, it's me. Just called but you're not answering. Bye.'

This is one for me too, hate phoning voicemail when i can see someone has called!!

People who give you emotional blackmail to try make you do something!

Emotional blackmail is bollocks. It's something I rarely cave into. I prefer to want to do something off my own back rather than be pressurised into doing it by someone who is shitty enough to use emotional blackmail in the first place.

Normally find it's more obvious on youngster that dont realise you're fully aware of whats going on AND one of my friends who thinks they are a master at it, but everyone is well clued up!! stoopido

Agreed, i very often get texts from younger mates and sometimes i'll be fucked if i can actually decipher what the hell they're saying o_O Bloody kids!

Oh, that is very annoying. I think the old predictive text setting is a real pain as well, it can make it impossible to decode the meaning of any message being sent to you.

Management speak is a nightmare too, I have actually had the phrase "semi-significant epiphany" thrown at me in the last month.

What the fuck is that even supposed to mean in relation to management? Bloody pseudo-intellectuals o_O

I imagine it's supposed to mean a good theoretical idea with a limited practical use. It was featured in the same paragraph as "networking a brain trust". I had to have a big sit down when I read that one.

I imagine it's supposed to mean a good theoretical idea with a limited practical use. It was featured in the same paragraph as "networking a brain trust". I had to have a big sit down when I read that one.

I think listening to people speaking like that on a regular basis would provoke a Michael Douglas "Falling Down"-style moment from me. I don't need the sort of hassle that gunning down randoms on a golf-course and going "postal" in general would garner.

I think listening to people speaking like that on a regular basis would provoke a Michael Douglas "Falling Down"-style moment from me. I don't need the sort of hassle that gunning down randoms on a golf-course and going "postal" in general would garner.

We have a lot of strong acid, they would never find the bodies.