aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Mine pumps out "Confusion" by New Order. The speakers on my phone are actually alright but it's always, ALWAYS on silient at work (because I'm not a wanker). People who use their mobiles as portable stereos are mentally ill imho. Get something that'll make your music not sound like a death cry for gods sake... and keep it to yourself.

hee hee my phones music sounds really good, but I only use it for ringtone (last one was Depeche Modes I just can't get enough - which drove everyone batty cause it just sticks! but is now Jimi'd Hey Jo)

I wouldn't use as a stereo - which is another pet hate, soooooo annoying on a bus when youngsters at the back decide to listen to their entire collection and let everyone on the bus do it too (so considerate!!) and usually it's shite R&B, D&B or Basshunter style music

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I really hate how people like to be overly PC yet generally are prejudice toward some type of person themselves. No-one is free of prejudice towards others and the sooner people realise that the better. It's not ok to dislike someone for the fact that they are a cunt or that you don't like something about them as a person these days, everything has to have a motivation of an unsavoury sort attached to it.

Anyone who actually thinks Telecastersam is a racist is an absolute clown. Some of these people in this thread are so indignant it repulses me, the others really ought to know better.

I'm going to back you up on this one. Can't really figure out why white folk get so worked up over what they perceive as racism towards other folk when it's not them on the receiving end. It's like straight people getting upset about homophobia, it doesn't affect you so wind your neck in. It's not your battle to fight, you patronising cunt.

You have to question someone's motives when they're tripping over themselves to prove how right-on they are. Chances are it's the "look how sensitive I am, now are you going to ride me?" stunt, the oldest trick in the book.

I'm going to back you up on this one. Can't really figure out why white folk get so worked up over what they perceive as racism towards other folk when it's not them on the receiving end. It's like straight people getting upset about homophobia, it doesn't affect you so wind your neck in. It's not your battle to fight, you patronising cunt.

You have to question someone's motives when they're tripping over themselves to prove how right-on they are. Chances are it's the "look how sensitive I am, now are you going to ride me?" stunt, the oldest trick in the book.

Couldn't agree more. It's certainly the oldest fanny-baiting trick in the book.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Couldn't agree more. It's certainly the oldest fanny-baiting trick in the book.

Be careful that some frustrated Sir Galahad doesn't rip you a new one for being a sexist.

What on earth would be his motives for doing that?

Minge.

I don't agree that just because I'm caucasian, I should simply ignore any kind of racism aimed at other ethnic backgrounds with a "oh, that's okay, because I'm white. Let the black people deal with it" attitude. My grandparents were at my family home for Christmas dinner, and they are incredibely racist. My step-grandad was actually talking about wanting to run over an asian in his car. That's pretty horrific. But, I guess I'll just laugh it off and thank god I'm white.

• Upvote 1

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Do you realise also that 'PC gone mad' complainers are also annoying? Why do I have to be black to find racism unpleasant? And who on earth would try to fuck chicks by bragging that they aren't racist? "Hey baby, wanna come back to my place? I objected the other day to a guy saying that blacks couldn't talk properly."

Do you realise also that 'PC gone mad' complainers are also annoying? Why do I have to be black to find racism unpleasant? And who on earth would try to fuck chicks by bragging that they aren't racist? "Hey baby, wanna come back to my place? I objected the other day to a guy saying that blacks couldn't talk properly."

Why are people with common sense annoying?

Guest Jake Wifebeater

It doesn't really affect you, so it's patronising as fuck to take it upon yourself to stick up for others on their behalf.

It's a cheap and common stunt to play the ultra-sensitive card to look good in front of the "chicks", as you call them. It ain't rocket science, and, since you take everything so literally, go fuck yourself backwards. That should put you in traction for a while and give us some peace.

This thread is shit.

Person 1-"I find this annoying".

Person 2-"I find you annoying for finding that annoying"

Person 1-"I find your shit sense of humour annoying"

Person 3-"I like turtles"

Person 2-"I find your mum annoying"

Person 1-"I find your mum jokes annoying"

repeat.

Pet Hate: People who think they can rise above the relentless tedium of the social wankery of an internet forum by stating the obvious ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
My step-grandad was actually talking about wanting to run over an asian in his car. That's pretty horrific. But, I guess I'll just laugh it off and thank god I'm white.

May as well, as it's not really your battle to fight.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Do you really think the only reason people show the most basic compassion for other humans is so that they'll be swimming in minge?

I am questioning people's motives for being so vocal about it, it looks more like a case of wanting to shout out to the world how tolerant they are.

Rather than keeping it zipped and living quietly by their beliefs, assuming they're sincere.

May as well, as it's not really your battle to fight.

What a ridiculously insular outlook, tossing out the natural instinct of empathy and compassion all because it's "not my battle to fight".

I think when someone, especially my own relatives, are being racist, involving exaggerated violent circumstances, I think I'm within every right to feel a bit uncomfortable. Uncomfortable enough to throw in a "Woah there!" to stop wherever that kind of topic could be taken. Laughing it up because it doesn't directly concern me would make me as ignorant and as intolerant as them.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
It doesn't really affect you, so it's patronising as fuck to take it upon yourself to stick up for others on their behalf.

It's a cheap and common stunt to play the ultra-sensitive card to look good in front of the "chicks", as you call them. It ain't rocket science, and, since you take everything so literally, go fuck yourself backwards. That should put you in traction for a while and give us some peace.

So because I am not regularly persecuted for my race, I have no right to have an opinion on racism? I think this drooling logic applies to basically anything, so are you saying that people can't have beliefs or opinions unless they are directly involved in these matters? Better put the newspaper down, those blacks in Zimbabwe will sort themselves out. I suppose this is part of your 'DIY attitude' ..not very punk though! ;)

Why, what would you call them? "cunt on legs"? It ain't rocket science, it's just fucking nonsense. I've never met anyone who has tried to get sexual favours by pretending to be sensitive. Is this you getting wound up about 'emo' again? Time to write another concept album maybe.

I don't take things so literally, I just know how to read.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I am questioning people's motives for being so vocal about it, it looks more like a case of wanting to shout out to the world how tolerant they are.

Rather than keeping it zipped and living quietly by their beliefs, assuming they're sincere.

Fair enough but this is a discussion forum and that sort of conversation and exchange of views/beliefs is bound to come up fairly frequently. I wouldn't ever blurt out my opinions on stuff like that in person to someone without having a reason to.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
But if someone punched a pregnant woman is the stomach right on front of me, I'm suppose to just leave it because it's *her* battle?

Get a grip. Anything that affects something or someone I care about is my business.

... and no, you don't have to be fudding someone's minge to care about them.

Stretching the point to the nth degree here, I bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that you will never see a pregnant woman get punched right in front of you.

I knew that was going to happen.

My answer is no racism isn't funny. I was more meaning in the case of "Englishman, Irishman and Scottishman" level jokes. Technically racism, but not something that bothers me.

Why is it ok to mock the intelligence of irish people but not ok to mock the way people of other ethnic backgrounds speak?