aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

My other pet hate is people who use the term "chat" as in, "his chat was rubbish" and "what's the chat?".

It makes my blood boil.

My sister does this all the time.

Also, I can't believe I haven't mentioned before, but you have an outstanding username.

On a loosely related subject, people who put xbetweenxwordsxinxtheirxusernamesx

Guest idol_wild

I hate people who walk slow down city centre pavements, or just come to an unexpected stop. Union Street should have a pavement running directly down the middle, called the NO DICKING ABOUT LANE, so I can walk from one part of Union St to the next without having to slowly zigzag through old folks, and people who want to just stop to look at some of the useless crap they've just bought.

Yes!!!! I am totally with you on this one, I used to constantly bitch about this - we need slow lanes and fast lanes.

Or people should just walk faster - it'll make them less fat too.

I've never heard anyone call it a serious. That sounds painful.

I hate people who walk slow down city centre pavements, or just come to an unexpected stop. Union Street should have a pavement running directly down the middle, called the NO DICKING ABOUT LANE, so I can walk from one part of Union St to the next without having to slowly zigzag through old folks, and people who want to just stop to look at some of the useless crap they've just bought.

I was in Asda this morning. You know those moving walkways that take you upstairs in the Garthdee branch.

If you have a basket you should continue to walk up the bloody things and should only be allowed to stand still on them if you have a trolley due to them being secured by the actual walkway.

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree

Holy shit, that grates my tits.

The walking slow thing annoys me, but people who walk slowly and seem to be impossible to pass are infinitely more frustrating. It's as if they're Michael Schumacher's team mate, intentionally going slow to hold you up, but cutting off all possible passing opportunities. I swear the fuckers have eyes in the backs of their heads.

In a similar vein:

MUM'S WITH BUGGIES

They are evil fuckers that aim for my ankles.

PEOPLE (GENERALLY WOMEN) WITH BROLLIES

You need to walk around town with safety goggles on a rainy day.

Yes. Everyone should walk fast. Fast lanes all round. No fannying about. Introduce the opposite of a speed limit on pavements. People must walk at least 3mph, or they get shot in the foot.

Retired old folks who do their city centre shopping on a Saturday. Get to fuck. You've got all bastard week to buy your hard boiled sweets and denture gel. These are the only days I have off work. You can get the fuck home and watch Minder, you rotten old hag!

Yes. Everyone should walk fast. Fast lanes all round. No fannying about. Introduce the opposite of a speed limit on pavements. People must walk at least 3mph, or they get shot in the foot.

Retired old folks who do their city centre shopping on a Saturday. Get to fuck. You've got all bastard week to buy your hard boiled sweets and denture gel. These are the only days I have off work. You can get the fuck home and watch Minder, you rotten old hag!

Hahaha.

So true.

Also the following should be banned from Union Street.

Beggars (spare a little change for the homeless please?). No FUCK OFF.

Those Shelter cunts in the red jacket. I've seen me being hassled by them 5 or 6 times in one trip down Union Street. I think they've been joined by Amnesty International now.

People handing out flyers for shit nightclubs. They all just end up on the floor and make a big fucking mess. If you've ever walked down Belmont Street sober at 5am you'll know what I mean.

Which brings me on to my next pet hate.

Littering. It fucks drives me crazy that people can drop crisp packets / sweetie papers etc when then are fucking bins EVERYWHERE. If there isn't a bin handy, put it in your fucking pocket and put it in the bin when you get home. Sunday morning on Union Street at 6am you can hardly see the pavement for chip papers, flyers etc. There's just no excuse for it, people who get caught should be made to sweep the fucking streets. I remember once walking down Union Street on a Saturday afternoon and there was some young chav girl walking in front of me with a bag of McDonalds food. She took out the burger, unwrapped it and threw the wrapper away. She ate the burger, took out the chips and threw the McDonalds bag on the ground. Ate the chips and threw that on the ground as well. We walked past about 10 bins in the time it took her to do that. I almost punched her.

As Charlie Brooker stated this week, and I completely agree, anyone who uses the word 'party' as a verb is scum.

As in 'I love to party' or 'I'm totally going to party tonight'. They should all be boiled in vinegar.

A guy goes into town to buy a Prince CD for his wife's Christmas. He ended up paying 20 quid for it but he partied like it was 19.99.....

A guy goes into town to buy a Prince CD for his wife's Christmas. He ended up paying 20 quid for it but he partied like it was 19.99.....

Holy shit that's bad..........;)

Littering. It fucks drives me crazy that people can drop crisp packets / sweetie papers etc when then are fucking bins EVERYWHERE. If there isn't a bin handy, put it in your fucking pocket and put it in the bin when you get home. Sunday morning on Union Street at 6am you can hardly see the pavement for chip papers, flyers etc. There's just no excuse for it, people who get caught should be made to sweep the fucking streets. I remember once walking down Union Street on a Saturday afternoon and there was some young chav girl walking in front of me with a bag of McDonalds food. She took out the burger, unwrapped it and threw the wrapper away. She ate the burger, took out the chips and threw the McDonalds bag on the ground. Ate the chips and threw that on the ground as well. We walked past about 10 bins in the time it took her to do that. I almost punched her.

I hate littering also but some places have a severe lack of bins which drives me mental. Shopping centres and train stations are a nightmare if you've just eaten a load of pre packed food and you've got nowehere to put your rubbish. If anything, I try and leave it on a seat if I have to, since the cleaners usually come round with their rubbish scooper and a bin on wheels.

Terrorists have ruined everything for everyone. Bins. We're not allowed bins anymore. And Balaclavas/Ski Masks. What a handy garment to stop the hail stones from pummelling your face. But when in one, you look like you're about to bomb a bank, and you'll get some meathead giving you a citizens arrest by smashing your head into the pavement. So, cheers for that.

I hate littering also but some places have a severe lack of bins which drives me mental. Shopping centres and train stations are a nightmare if you've just eaten a load of pre packed food and you've got nowehere to put your rubbish. If anything, I try and leave it on a seat if I have to, since the cleaners usually come round with their rubbish scooper and a bin on wheels.

Terrorists have ruined everything for everyone. Bins. We're not allowed bins anymore. And Balaclavas/Ski Masks. What a handy garment to stop the hail stones from pummelling your face. But when in one, you look like you're about to bomb a bank, and you'll get some meathead giving you a citizens arrest by smashing your head into the pavement. So, cheers for that.

The thing that annoys me is when you see someone chucking there cigarette out of a car window.

Every car I have ever been in had had an ashtray. Use that then empty the bloody thing when you get home.

It's catchy enough that people call me "Lester" to my face.

"Hey Lester, you got a minute?"

"For you Brad, I've got five."

In other news, much agreement with the Shelter comment. I hate getting pestered by these people. My philosophy on the matter is that if I want to give to charity, I'll come and find them, not the other way around.

"Hey Lester, you got a minute?"

"For you Brad, I've got five."

In other news, much agreement with the Shelter comment. I hate getting pestered by these people. My philosophy on the matter is that if I want to give to charity, I'll come and find them, not the other way around.

And, they have to pay these fuckers a wage to stand in the street and piss people off, putting them off said charity.

My other pet hate is people who use the term "chat" as in, "his chat was rubbish" and "what's the chat?".

It makes my blood boil.

Similarly, people who overuse and misuse the word "banter". I don't think it's as noticeable these days, but about twelve months or so ago I could hardly step out the house without hearing some twat saying "banter!", "what's the banter?" or my personal favourite, "this is SUCH banter!" ... what the fuck does that even mean? Stupid bastards.

Also anyone who combines the word with another. Examples: bantorious, banterlicious, etc...

KILL.

People who say "pacific" instead of "specific". I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not but it's bloody annoying.

People who think Amy Winehouse/Pete Doherty are cool.

People who complain about how much work they have to do/how shit their job or course is/how hard things are etc. They're only as shitty as you make 'em, so shut the hell up and get on with it, eh?

Ace thread, btw.

... and I STILL want to wring an Ewok's neck.

:up:

Shelter always get the kind of people who you just want to smack in the face doing it too. Y'know, people who get described as "bubbly" which is pretty much an under 25's code word for "insufferable toerag". They always remind of the sketch from the Fast Show where Paul Whitehouse would say "Y'know me, I'm a little bit waaaaaay, a little bit woooooah. I'm a GEEZER!". Gobby girls and Jack The Lads, juggling their clipboards, trying to smooth talk strangers. They might as well just strip off in the street draw a big circle around their trouser junk.

Shelter always get the kind of people who you just want to smack in the face doing it too. Y'know, people who get described as "bubbly" which is pretty much an under 25's code word for "insufferable toerag". They always remind of the sketch from the Fast Show where Paul Whitehouse would say "Y'know me, I'm a little bit waaaaaay, a little bit woooooah. I'm a GEEZER!". Gobby girls and Jack The Lads, juggling their clipboards, trying to smooth talk strangers. They might as well just strip off in the street draw a big circle around their trouser junk.

The worst ones are the ones who try to publicly play you off as some kind of freak if you don't talk to them by following you up the street and talking really loudly. Loathesome individuals. I've seen myself alter my route up Union Street to sidestep the bastards.

Similarly, people who overuse and misuse the word "banter". I don't think it's as noticeable these days, but about twelve months or so ago I could hardly step out the house without hearing some twat saying "banter!", "what's the banter?" or my personal favourite, "this is SUCH banter!" ... what the fuck does that even mean? Stupid bastards.

:up:

My pal's son uses it as a substitue for 'good'. As in "That's banter". He's 10.

This gives me a dark sense of foreboding about the future.

The worst ones are the ones who try to publicly play you off as some kind of freak if you don't talk to them by following you up the street and talking really loudly. Loathesome individuals. I've seen myself alter my route up Union Street to sidestep the bastards.

I've done this occasionally but they've started to sneak their way onto Belmont Street now and again too. In most city centres it is easily avoidable as the main precinct is often pedestrianised so you can just wander in another direction, but here, the pavements are narrow, so side stepping can't happen without a detour to a pedestrian crossing. So, a plucked up "Not today or any other day" usually has to do the trick.

I hate most old people; they're little, slow and seem to occupy the largest space possible.

I had to post some items last week, and the queue for the Post Office was out the door (but it's not very big, if there's more than 7 people in the room then it's crowded). One person was spending AGES buying stamps and the other deciding what amount of euros to buy, so everyone's having to stand about and wait. Some old woman comes in and stands RIGHT NEXT to a seat (everyone decided to shuffle up and actually make room), groaning and "ooh-ing" until someone tells her to take his space up near the front. The old cow could have easily sat down and waited her turn, and it wasn't as if she just had a letter to post either! She took longer than the twat with the stamps.

There's also an old man who stinks of sweat constantly, he is honeslty absolutely stinking every day, who works at the local supermarket. He works in the vegetable bit - why the hell put him near open food??? He reeks and he's touching everything, it just turns my stomach. Why not put him in the cleaning department or something?

I also hate it when blokes hate being overtaken by a woman - they're obviously not driving fast enough or dithering about so don't speed up once you're being overtaken. Some idiot today sped up just as he was being overtaken, had second thoughts and slowed down then sped up again, so we had to pull in again behind him.

I hate most people from Kemnay. And people who open the windows above them on a bus on a cold day. The breeze completely passes them by and the people behind them are frozen. The idiots responsible usually have a big jacket, hat and gloves on too. Stop being lazy, be considerate and take off your bloody jacket.

I'm just an intolerant bitch - my worst pet hate is the fact that other people are allowed to have an effect on my life, like having to wait in line for ages when some old biddy cons her way into getting to the front of the queue. I love the self-service machines in supermarkets because I don't have to participate in small-talk with a sulky cashier who has been told they have to be friendly.

I hate people who just don't fear death and somehow think they are invincible. Like crossing a road when cars are coming. The car screeches to a stop, beeps at the twat, and the twat starts giving him lip for it, when he's the one who's just risked more than one life by being an impatient prick.

The role can be easily reversed. Motorists who start moving forward at a pedestrian crossing when it is flashing yellow despite people still crossing the road. This can lead to beeping and shouting, despite the fact that it's not their right of way. Even if the light has just turned green, it's not their right of way until the road is clear. Motorists forget that the time allocated to cross the road isn't very generous. And also, if you're not on the frontline waiting to cross, there's a good chance the light is going to start flashing before you even get a foot on the road. That brings me back to my original point of dicknecks who fanny about and walk so slow they might as well be going backwards. Stay at home, you complete wastes of life

Also anyone who combines the word with another. Examples: bantorious, banterlicious, etc...

KILL.

And with that, Granite City Wiz lose a midfielder, as Andy kills other Andy...

I HATE the use of "savage",

I'm actually quite interested in words like these, and how they drastically differ which seems to be a region factor more than anything. Round my way when I was a little terror, we used to say "Necta" if something was Good, or Ace - which is just fucking stupid.

I've got another on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember it! Gaah.