aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
Or they ask "Can i play the Triangle?"

Maybe thats just my moron mates - or half wit women i frequent with...

I've had that one many a time.

I don't know, can you play triangle? Maybe you can, but not in my band, now kindly fuck off*

*but please do come to our show on Saturday night and bring your friends.....

Another one:

People who use the words 'basically', 'actually' and/or 'obviously' like 40 times within the space of a phone call or whatever. It's insane! BUT SO MANY PEOPLE DO IT. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I garauntee that you will notice someone doing it within a day of reading this.

"Well, basically, he phoned me up and he was basically asking blah blah. And basically..."

Yes. The worst thing about the overuse of the word basically is that, like literally, it is often used erroneously.

(by saying like literally, I mean in the same way as the word literally.I dont mean like, literally, like, ken?....or that basically is literally used erroneously, although it is)

Well, basically, Sharon hates Jill because remember when Jills sister was up that weekend from Glasgow?.or was in Edinburgh? No, it was maybe Falkirk?.....well anyway, basically Jills sisters man was up with her and he knew Sharons older brother Darren from school. So, basically, Jills sister said something about Darren to Sharon which she misheard and then Bob from accounts got involved because hed misheard the same thing and basically..

THAT IS NOT BASIC!

I've just reminded myself of another pet hate there - The needless desire to get irrelevant details right when telling a story.

Aye, I went to get my hair cut there in June last year.or was it in July?...no it was June. (considers this for ten seconds) No, thats right, it was July because me and Frank had just got back fae Tenerife and wee Gregor had been in to get his tonsils oot...onywiy, the quine in thon hairdressers wiz a right nippy sweetie.

My main pet hates:

- Being watched whilst cooking.

- Someone looking over my shoulder when I'm reading a newspaper or on the computer.

Yes. The worst thing about the overuse of the word basically is that, like literally, it is often used erroneously.

(by saying like literally, I mean in the same way as the word literally.I dont mean like, literally, like, ken?....or that basically is literally used erroneously, although it is)

Well, basically, Sharon hates Jill because remember when Jills sister was up that weekend from Glasgow?.or was in Edinburgh? No, it was maybe Falkirk?.....well anyway, basically Jills sisters man was up with her and he knew Sharons older brother Darren from school. So, basically, Jills sister said something about Darren to Sharon which she misheard and then Bob from accounts got involved because hed misheard the same thing and basically..

THAT IS NOT BASIC!

I've just reminded myself of another pet hate there - The needless desire to get irrelevant details right when telling a story.

Aye, I went to get my hair cut there in June last year.or was it in July?...no it was June. (considers this for ten seconds) No, thats right, it was July because me and Frank had just got back fae Tenerife and wee Gregor had been in to get his tonsils oot...onywiy, the quine in thon hairdressers wiz a right nippy sweetie.

My main pet hates:

- Being watched whilst cooking.

- Someone looking over my shoulder when I'm reading a newspaper or on the computer.

Getting details of a story 100% correct is something I do all the time. I've noticed my Dad doing it, so I must take it from him.

It's probably my only flaw ;)

Agree with the "love", "honey", "hun", "doll" etc. etc.

Bad grammar in general, especially in official documentation.

Chronic overuse of the word "mate", especially to people who aren't actually your mates. For example, when I was out on Wednesday, I heard the beginnings of a fight, where the basic essence of one guy's chat was "I'm going to fucking batter the living shit out of you, mate."

The irrelevant details thing really fucking irks me as well actually. Especially when they're telling you a story with an ending that directly concerns you, so you're listening intently waiting for the outcome and have to wait for them to figure out whether it was half four or quarter to five that they ran into the person in town (or was it at the bus station?).

EDIT: Oh, and the stigma some people attach to drinking in the afternoon. Sometimes it's just nice.

Agree with the "love", "honey", "hun", "doll" etc. etc.

Bad grammar in general, especially in official documentation.

Chronic overuse of the word "mate", especially to people who aren't actually your mates. For example, when I was out on Wednesday, I heard the beginnings of a fight, where the basic essence of one guy's chat was "I'm going to fucking batter the living shit out of you, mate."

The irrelevant details thing really fucking irks me as well actually. Especially when they're telling you a story with an ending that directly concerns you, so you're listening intently waiting for the outcome and have to wait for them to figure out whether it was half four or quarter to five that they ran into the person in town (or was it at the bus station?).

EDIT: Oh, and the stigma some people attach to drinking in the afternoon. Sometimes it's just nice.

I piss myself off with the fine minute (irrelevant) details of a story. By the time I finish telling what should have been a brilliant, fun-filled, witty story, you can see the tumbleweed blowing past..........

Haha. :laughing:

Someone's pet hate above was mixing up there, their, they're.

I'm pretty sure someone else will have the pet hate of people who pick up on grammatical and/or spelling errors.

etc etc.

You're just lucky I'm so placid and kind. Unlike the rest of the board, their all cunts.

British people who say 'ass'. Don't do it.

People who can't grasp the technique of eating with their mouths closed, in public.

Infact, people who lack any kind of tact, empathy or conscience in general. I have no idea how some people can be so completely self involved, ignorrant and rude and not realise it. Alot of that is pointed at the fucking botters who play their pisspoor music through their phones on the bus. I don't know how they can be so openly disruptive and obnoxious without any kind of social conscience kicking in. The same goes for people who talk as loud as possible whilst on their phones on the bus for a prolonged period, and I just fucking hate it. The person on the other end would still be able to hear them if they just spoke normally.

I think alot of the worst things that could ever possibly happen tend to happen on the bus.

People who talk about Football who just reiterate the nonsensical tabloid spinning gossip they hear from the Sun. I was in the chippy last night, and the bint behind the counter in her Rangers tracksuit started yammering on about "That Ronaldo's off at the end of the season" to some guy who was waiting for his food, to which he replied "Oh aye. Big bucks innit". What the fuck does that even mean? It doesn't mean anything. So just don't say anything, ever.

Person-to-Person

I object to being called "mate" by shop assistants.

Electronically

I despise the use of "text speak" in email or in forum posts - "no wot i mean m8 rofl omg wft lmoa?"

Another one that boils my piss and it seems to be a North East thing - is the use of "wandering" for "wondering" - e.g. "I was wandering what time you're*** coming round tonight"

*** thick cunts would most likely use "your"

British people who say 'ass'. Don't do it.

People who can't grasp the technique of eating with their mouths closed, in public.

Infact, people who lack any kind of tact, empathy or conscience in general. I have no idea how some people can be so completely self involved, ignorrant and rude and not realise it. Alot of that is pointed at the fucking botters who play their pisspoor music through their phones on the bus. I don't know how they can be so openly disruptive and obnoxious without any kind of social conscience kicking in. The same goes for people who talk as loud as possible whilst on their phones on the bus for a prolonged period, and I just fucking hate it. The person on the other end would still be able to hear them if they just spoke normally.

I think alot of the worst things that could ever possibly happen tend to happen on the bus.

People who talk about Football who just reiterate the nonsensical tabloid spinning gossip they hear from the Sun. I was in the chippy last night, and the bint behind the counter in her Rangers tracksuit started yammering on about "That Ronaldo's off at the end of the season" to some guy who was waiting for his food, to which he replied "Oh aye. Big bucks innit". What the fuck does that even mean? It doesn't mean anything. So just don't say anything, ever.

As for lack of conscience etc. one of my absolute massive hates in the world is people who cheat on their partners.

I don't understand why people do it, at all. I've never done it in my life, even in silly little school relationships etc, and as far as I'm aware it's never happened to me....

Some people just don't seem to give a fuck though. Why get into a relationship with someone to then go and shag around? Why not just shag around if you're that way inclined?

Not so much a "pet" hate I guess...

Painfully true. There's a guy at my work that is particularly bad for this. There's been a few times lately where I've had no choice but to say "That's just out and out false" to him. Spinning the recycled tabloid gossip is one thing, but reading it once and subsequently getting it wrong is worse still.

Which leads me organically to my next point: People who talk as though they are an authority on a topic they know nothing about.

Another one that boils my piss and it seems to be a North East thing - is the use of "wandering" for "wondering" - e.g. "I was wandering what time you're*** coming round tonight"

I hate something similar.

I had a mate at school that would call a TV series a "serious".

I have met a few people who do this. I want to snap there thumbs off!

I have a tshirt with R2-D2 embracing an ewok on it. I always glow with pride when I wear it.

That sounds amazing!

R2-D2 is, of course, officially the best character in the entire saga.

I bought the Ewoks movies on DVD but haven't had the courage to watch there for fear or ruining my fond memories of them.

I've never heard anyone call it a serious. That sounds painful.

I hate people who walk slow down city centre pavements, or just come to an unexpected stop. Union Street should have a pavement running directly down the middle, called the NO DICKING ABOUT LANE, so I can walk from one part of Union St to the next without having to slowly zigzag through old folks, and people who want to just stop to look at some of the useless crap they've just bought.