aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Stylised or gramatically superfluous band names. Fun for example insist on their name being presented all lowercase with a full stop: "fun." Not "fun" or "Fun." Cunts. Panic! at the disco are every bit as bad.

Names like :(, [] and KCHGH I can deal with as they are at least trying to do something different, it's when a name is perfectly ordinary but there's still an anal fixation on how it's presented.

Eat my balls you pretentious hoop tickler.

xx

Band names can be a huge gripe. I still don't know if I like this new phase of powerviolence/fastcore bands using completely unfitting band names. Like "Hummingbird Of Death" is weird, but awesome. However, Pretty Little Flower have the most unfitting band name ever and I don't know if its cool or stupid.

Band names can be a huge gripe. I still don't know if I like this new phase of powerviolence/fastcore bands using completely unfitting band names. Like "Hummingbird Of Death" is weird, but awesome. However, Pretty Little Flower have the most unfitting band name ever and I don't know if its cool or stupid.

I find myself assuming that most bands are bland indiepop from the Juno soundtrack based on their names. I thought that of Dinosaur Jr. based on the name until I heard some of their stuff.

Unrelated pet hate; this just appeared on my facebook feed.

WHO REMEMBERS BLACKBOARD DUSTERS?

blackboard_duster.jpg

Something like 2,000 likes on that picture. I hope each and every one of them dies in a car fire.

xx

• Upvote 1

I approve of that, purely because it means you get to see the phrase: Pretty Little Flower - Punishing Ferocity. It's still stupid though.

xx

15o9idt.gif

People doing things because they think they're funny is annoying isn't it.

I know this guy (literally). He went to Prestwick Academy with my old flatmate and he used to come up to Aberdeen for piss ups. He's been married and divorced (to another wrestler lady who beat him up) already and he's only 27. Fun times.

EDIT - maybe that's why he's crying?

• Upvote 1

Guest Giles Walker
Why? Because you don't get my sense of humour?

Actually no, mainly because you sound very angry and confused.

It's just the internet man, chill out a bit.

• Upvote 1