aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Gine Rinehart. The fucking cancer of humanity. If there was there one person I wish I could see lose all their money and never ever make it off the streets again, it would be this cunt.

First this: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-richest-woman-20120830,0,3323996.story

And if that wasn't bad enough, now this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19487985

I hope her AIDs gets cancer that starts in her face and puts her into locked in syndrome and she invests her entire $ 30 billion into finding a cure for but she dies 5 minutes after they tell her that they've found the cure but it'll take 10 minutes to prepare.

• Upvote 4

Gine Rinehart. The fucking cancer of humanity. If there was there one person I wish I could see lose all their money and never ever make it off the streets again, it would be this cunt.

First this: http://www.latimes.com/business/money/la-fi-mo-richest-woman-20120830,0,3323996.story

And if that wasn't bad enough, now this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-19487985

I hope her AIDs gets cancer that starts in her face and puts her into locked in syndrome and she invests her entire $ 30 billion into finding a cure for but she dies 5 minutes after they tell her that they've found the cure but it'll take 10 minutes to prepare.

She inherited her billions, which means she didn't really have to work for anything. How can she have the nerve to imply that people are sitting on their arses doing nothing to earn money? I can't with this woman.

LOL, "If you're jealous of those with more money, don't just sit there and complain". I'm so jealous of her, especially her smokin' hot body that she clearly worked very hard for and it's clear to me that she did not sit on her arse for a moment. She could do with waking the fuck up and realising that there are many people who try, but can't achieve what she has for fucking obvious reasons.

My new found pet hate is rain when you are wearing glasses. Also opening ovens and getting steam in your face and being unable to see. I may be 23 but these are the first glasses I have had in about 15 years due to not going to the opticians since I was a kid. Used to have them but couldn't remember what for or why I stopped wearing them.

Turns out I am pretty long sighted and I should wear them all the time (optician was pretty amazed I had got this far through uni). Despite the fact that I actually need them and didn't opt for the huge chunky frames I can't help but feeling that I look like a hipster :p

• Upvote 2

I can only express what has already been expressed, Bob Knob. I experienced redudancy about 4 years ago, and I still don't quite feel like I've recovered from it, so I can throw lots of empathy your way.

Hope you find something suitable and worthwhile soon, pal.

This. Horrible feeling when it happens and can takes ages to get over. Wouldn't wish it on anyone to be honest.

Awful news - I hope you find something else soon. :up:

You don't happen to have worked for the wireless intervention system arm of an oil service company that has recently appointed administrators by any chance?

I used to work for that company. Run by a shower of fuckwits and a lot of good people have been made redundant because of it. It's a fairly common theory that investers pulled funding in order to bankrupt the project then buy it off for pennies. Fucking cunts.

xx

I used to work for that company. Run by a shower of fuckwits and a lot of good people have been made redundant because of it. It's a fairly common theory that investers pulled funding in order to bankrupt the project then buy it off for pennies. Fucking cunts.

xx

Well I do work for that company, albeit not that particular arm. That entity has been riddled with problems from the start tbh. Because it's taken nearly eight years to get to any kind of place where they can market the thing, there are competitors that have essentially outdone them, and there are arguably vital things that the system can't do anyway (such as killing a well). As the whole group is owned by an investment group, they'll certainly be looking to sell off in the next two to three years -a cynical man would say that that is much easier without a struggling 'invention'. See recently sold off connectors/measurements arm of the business also...servicing already astronomical debt.

I'm being very careful not to mention names here, would appreciate the same in any reply...

Well I do work for that company, albeit not that particular arm. That entity has been riddled with problems from the start tbh. Because it's taken nearly eight years to get to any kind of place where they can market the thing, there are competitors that have essentially outdone them, and there are arguably vital things that the system can't do anyway (such as killing a well). As the whole group is owned by an investment group, they'll certainly be looking to sell off in the next two to three years -a cynical man would say that that is much easier without a struggling 'invention'. See recently sold off connectors/measurements arm of the business also...servicing already astronomical debt.

I'm being very careful not to mention names here, would appreciate the same in any reply...

Naturally. I was a graduate engineer working on the 'arm' company. The parent company always did well by the 'arm' but, as you rightly said, the system just didn't work.

Problems kicked off (in my eyes) when the base was moved out of Dyce to Westhill. So many key members of staff were lost, and one man in particular hired to replace them bullied and drove almost the entire engineering staff out of the company at an absolutely crucial point in it's development. The project started with a blank chequebook and as a consequence the inital designs were all massively over-engineered. The system ended up being designed as a MASSIVE ROV, rather than a large, but fairly simple, subsea tree. Shame to see it end how it has, though.

xx

Naturally. I was a graduate engineer working on the 'arm' company. The parent company always did well by the 'arm' but, as you rightly said, the system just didn't work.

Problems kicked off (in my eyes) when the base was moved out of Dyce to Westhill. So many key members of staff were lost, and one man in particular hired to replace them bullied and drove almost the entire engineering staff out of the company at an absolutely crucial point in it's development. The project started with a blank chequebook and as a consequence the inital designs were all massively over-engineered. The system ended up being designed as a MASSIVE ROV, rather than a large, but fairly simple, subsea tree. Shame to see it end how it has, though.

xx

I'm not sad to see it go necessarily because it was a total ballache for my department (legal), but I obviously feel for those that have lost their jobs in what seems to be a fairly unceremonious manner. You would think that a group of companies the size that it is would be able to find space elsewhere within the business for 39 engineers.

I'm not sad to see it go necessarily because it was a total ballache for my department (legal), but I obviously feel for those that have lost their jobs in what seems to be a fairly unceremonious manner. You would think that a group of companies the size that it is would be able to find space elsewhere within the business for 39 engineers.

A colleague and friend of mine, and a fucking shit hot engineer, recently moved from my current company to that one. He'd have been there less than a month. It's a joke that they were actively recruiting (and offering very competitive salaries) right up until a week or so ago.

xx