aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

And one of my biggest grievances is that...even if I get a new xbox from the insurance money...I won't get back my Skyrim saves.

I'd be pretty fucking gutted about this too, seems a bit of a pointless thing to get annoyed about but even so. Same if someone pinched the laptop, they'd probably go away with all my FM saves an aw.

Gutted for you, honestly, hope you can get something sorted. Scum of the highest order

It's fucking gutting, I had the same thing happen a few years ago. We were pretty lucky in that we only got seperated from a few personal belongings, a games console etc (though a fucking sick Ibanez Destroyer that I'd sold to my flatmate a few weeks earlier was also nicked), but never felt safe in the flat after that.

Not really a pet hate, but I don't appreciate people getting my name wrong. I ordered something online and they've somehow managed to put the delivery info in my invoice through as 'Mr' before my quite fucking obviously female name, even though it's just an exchange...

My BT phonebill used to come through to me as "Mrs". They actually refused to change it. Said they weren't allowed unless I want to the effort of posting them scans of my photographic ID. That sounded like a bit of a pain in the bollocks, so I wrote to some high up dickhead at BT and told them to get fucked. Said I'd gotten a better deal with Sky who could also spell my name. They changed it gave me £15 on my account. I don't know why it takes a high level complaint to get shit done, but it pays to do it sometimes. Freebies and compensation. I'm like the Robin Hood of consumerism. Except I don't share.

My BT phonebill used to come through to me as "Mrs". They actually refused to change it. Said they weren't allowed unless I want to the effort of posting them scans of my photographic ID. That sounded like a bit of a pain in the bollocks, so I wrote to some high up dickhead at BT and told them to get fucked. Said I'd gotten a better deal with Sky who could also spell my name. They changed it gave me £15 on my account. I don't know why it takes a high level complaint to get shit done, but it pays to do it sometimes. Freebies and compensation. I'm like the Robin Hood of consumerism. Except I don't share.

You should have posted them photographic evidence of your nut-satchel and they would have probably changed it without you having to fanny around phoning them.

Bad punctuation.

I'm not the king of grammar and punctuation myself, but some folk are impossible to follow.

My e-mail to a colleague today:

"Got a stinking hangover; need some motherlovin' beef.

What say you?"

The response:

"Tut tut, drinking on a school night were going to Dutch mill again should we book this time"

Eh, whit?

• Upvote 1

It's puzzling how so many people are so terrible at constructing a written sentence. Most people make sense when they talk aloud, so why not just take the sentence in your head and write/type it instead of saying it? Why does it get lost in some illiterate and idiotic translation from your brain to your fingers? I learned what a full stop was when I was in my first year at school, yet I get umpteen emails from FULLY GROWN ADULTS who just haven't got a clue where to put one, so they don't bother. Imagine if people spoke like that?

I'm in a right cunt of a mood today. I haven't un-scowled my eyebrows all morning. I'm going to get some angry-eye lines on my forehead like Jeremy Kyle, and then kick a dog off a cliff. Fuck you.