aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

I didn't used to hate my job, but now I'm totally a job hater. I used to work in a team of 3, but 2 peoples have quit. I thought I was going to get a couple of temps to boss around, but instead the big boy upstairs thinks it would be more economical to just let me do all the work of 3 people for a few months until the job has been advertised, and interviews have been arranged, and the preferred candidates have been selected, references have been sought, notice periods have been adhered to... The jobs haven't been advertised yet, so I'm up shit creek for ages. Fuck the Council.

• Upvote 1

People who don't read emails properly.

I emailed about a room, stating twice in the email I was wanting to know when I could view it. The person emailed back giving information about the flat that was in the advert in the first place, but never mentioned anything about viewing it. So I had to email back again asking about viewing and am waiting to hear back.

• Upvote 1

Overuse of gang vocals. If you want to make a song soung MIGHTY, write a MIGHTY song. Adding multiple layers of vocals shouting "THIS IS OUR TIME!" or some other cliche doesn't make a song revolutionary.

I fucking love the tune below, but the gang vocals and the wanky spoken-word bridge towards the end are just fucking wank. Cunts.

xx

Overuse of gang vocals. If you want to make a song soung MIGHTY, write a MIGHTY song. Adding multiple layers of vocals shouting "THIS IS OUR TIME!" or some other cliche doesn't make a song revolutionary.

I fucking love the tune below, but the gang vocals and the wanky spoken-word bridge towards the end are just fucking wank. Cunts.

xx

No. They don't work. They are always the worst part of a song. They are to be done live by the whole crowd when everyone sings the hook together. Putting gang vocals on your album is essentially rehearsing that big sing along part in advance. Forced. Shit. Fuck gang vocals.

Oh, they should never be used in a chorus or hook. Gads.

xx

all the vocals in that song are terrible

• Upvote 1

I like harmonies and solid backing vocals. When backing vocals are kind of shouty, are they classed as gang vocals? I dunno, sometimes I like it, others I agree with Soda.

/fence.

xx

I don't think it's all shouty vocals. I associate gang vocals with when it sounds like there's loads and loads of people doing the backing vocal part. I don't dig that. It sounds corny. Like some kind of stadium rock.

• Upvote 1