aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Hmm, really? Fish is fish.

Fair enough, the reason I suggested it was mainly because you cited 'taste and consistency' as the reason why you dislike meat, and fish has neither the same taste or consistency as, say, beef. Not even close.

If it was a vegetarian 'animal cruelty'-type issue then I wouldn't have bothered.

I wasn't focusing on animal cruelty in that post, just alternatives that didn't resemble meat. Didn't mean it in an offensive way, thanks for your input though. :)

I believe that 'having something to tell people about your plain life' is a significantly more popular factor than the old 'animal-cruelty' these days.

Are you implying that I have a plain life, or did I completely misinterpret your post?

Oh I see, sorry. Being vegetarian isn't that interesting or uncommon anyway, but I don't like when people imply they're better than you because of their food choices. I cooked pork ribs one day, ran out of sauce, ended up having them on their own and the smell put me off for life. Personal choice.

PS Vegan powers are real like in Scoot Pilgrim, don't you know this?! :p

Fucking millionaires arguing with billionaires cos the billionaires want more money while the millionaires don't want their contracts cut back on to provide the billionaires with more of their millions; AKA The impending NHL lockout. Fuck sake, I just want a fucking hockey season you cunts. Sort it out, Bettman, you utter gormless cunt.

I feel you. Going down to England on Payday weekend wiped me out. Turns out weddings are expensive, and I was chugging £9 Mojitos. Nine pounds. I had about 10 of them. Ridiculous.

I have to go to a wedding next month. Yikes. Never been to one before and feared it would be pricey so I will drink as little as possible!

What's the etiquette with regards to presents? My gf was wanting to spend £100 on one or give them that in cash but that seems crazy. We're not exactly super mega rich and they should have plenty of people going so sure they won't be left wanting for much. Weddings should have a student discount.

I have to go to a wedding next month. Yikes. Never been to one before and feared it would be pricey so I will drink as little as possible!

What's the etiquette with regards to presents? My gf was wanting to spend £100 on one or give them that in cash but that seems crazy. We're not exactly super mega rich and they should have plenty of people going so sure they won't be left wanting for much. Weddings should have a student discount.

I've been to loads of weddings over the last few years and reckon average spend on a present is about £40 £100 is mental unless it's her sister that's getting married or you're minted.

If you're at the meal, load up on table-wine/sparkling and then avoid drinking too much afterwards.

I think £50 for a present/vouchers is more than enough unless it's a best friend/family member.

Yeah most folk getting married nowadays have probably been living with each other for a while and will probably have everything they need with regards to stuff for the home. Money/vouchers is a good option as then they can use it for whatever they want, if you really want to get a present, get a photo frame or something that they can use for the wedding photos.