aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet hate: paying for anything in a shop and when they hand you back your change they put the notes in your hand first and the coins on top, meaning you then have to bugger about seperating the two, usually with a heavy carrier bag in your other hand. This situation is even worse if a receipt is thrown into the mix. Cunts.

• Upvote 4

Pet hate: paying for anything in a shop and when they hand you back your change they put the notes in your hand first and the coins on top, meaning you then have to bugger about seperating the two, usually with a heavy carrier bag in your other hand. This situation is even worse if a receipt is thrown into the mix. Cunts.

Oh. This is how I did it all the time at the shoppy. WOOPS SORRY.

I figured it might then make you less likely to drop anything.

I don't have a coin pouch 'cos im not a willy woofter. Instead i have a man's wallet which has space for notes and cards only.

When i worked in a bar (RIP The Ministry) i used to do the exact same thing with putting coins on top of notes and i now regret my actions. If only i could turn back time.

cher1.jpg

• Upvote 1

I just stuff the lot in my pocket and sort it out later. Failing that it's pretty easy to grasp the coins in the notes and use the notes as a funnel to tip coins into pocket. I'm not clear what solution folk expect here. Handed notes, till person awaits notes being put into wallet then hands over coins? I actually hate fannies who take an inordinate amount of time to pay for things and sort out purses/wallets whatever before getting the hell out of the way.

• Upvote 1

I just stuff the lot in my pocket and sort it out later. Failing that it's pretty easy to grasp the coins in the notes and use the notes as a funnel to tip coins into pocket. I'm not clear what solution folk expect here. Handed notes, till person awaits notes being put into wallet then hands over coins? I actually hate fannies who take an inordinate amount of time to pay for things and sort out purses/wallets whatever before getting the hell out of the way.

Coins first, then notes on top. It means i can hold the coins in my hand whilst putting the notes into my wallet with the same hand. I can then put the shrapnel into my pocket. Easy, peasy.

Nobody said the pet hates had to be logical or sensible....

I don't have a coin pouch 'cos im not a willy woofter. Instead i have a man's wallet which has space for notes and cards only.

When i worked in a bar (RIP The Ministry) i used to do the exact same thing with putting coins on top of notes and i now regret my actions. If only i could turn back time.

cher1.jpg

That is fucking rank.

I used to always put the coins on notes, so you can count the change to the customer, also decreases the chances of the notes being dropped/blown if outside.

My wife always seems to fanny about when paying for stuff, I usually grab her purse and pay for everything getting rid of change in half the time it takes her to open the purse and look at what she has in there.