aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

2011 Australian Open: Andy Murray Advances to Final After Beating David Ferrer

Grrrrrr!!!!

Edit: in case anyone can't be arsed clicking the link: "This Fifth seed from England won 4-6, 7-6 (7/2), 6-1, 7-6 (7/2) over that seventh seed from Spain....Murray revives again the hope to turn a new page for the world of England tennis which is 75 years had never given birth again a grand slam champion....Roger Federer. At that time, Murray became the first England tennis player who appeared in the Australian Open final, after John Lloyd did it in 1977."

2011 Australian Open: Andy Murray Advances to Final After Beating David Ferrer

Grrrrrr!!!!

Edit: in case anyone can't be arsed clicking the link: "This Fifth seed from England won 4-6, 7-6 (7/2), 6-1, 7-6 (7/2) over that seventh seed from Spain....Murray revives again the hope to turn a new page for the world of England tennis which is 75 years had never given birth again a grand slam champion....Roger Federer. At that time, Murray became the first England tennis player who appeared in the Australian Open final, after John Lloyd did it in 1977."

That's annoying, yes, but more annoying to me is that a news website could misspell 'archives' as 'archieves'. They clearly aren't to be trusted.

Guest idol_wild
Having a cold. It's really shit. It's too common to be able to complain about it (in real life, I'll complain on the internet) and it's not bad enough to legitimately stay off work, it's just annoying.

Join the club. Though, I have more flu like symptoms, but I'm glad to feel them dispersing. However, last night I sneezed and coughed simultaneously and a whole wad of snot exited my mouth and landed on the wall. Pretty fucking fantastic. Totally worth having a virus to see that.

Join the club. Though, I have more flu like symptoms, but I'm glad to feel them dispersing. However, last night I sneezed and coughed simultaneously and a whole wad of snot exited my mouth and landed on the wall. Pretty fucking fantastic. Totally worth having a virus to see that.

Be thankful you didn't sneeze & FART at the same time...could've been something far worse on the wall !

:laughing:

I have a developing hatred of the singer from that band Everything Everything. First time I listened I thought hmm a bit different, kind of quirky last time I heard it on the radio I had to turn it off. It's a shame because I actually quite like some of the music.

I also wish to reaffirm my dislike of Joe Wiley, I hate these DJs that suctioncup ass and munch happily on the turd that spews out, all the while managing to cling onto their radio positions despite having no real personal taste (or at least not have to balls to say it out loud). She can't stand guitar solos really a woman who talks about bands for a living??

Fuck it, they'll just get told I can get it cheaper online. Grow some balls.

That gets tiresome when you work in a shop. It got very wearying working in Virgin and getting told "I can get that for four pound cheaper in Asda!". There's one simple solution to that then, fuck off and buy it in Asda. My favourite was always "12?! You're nae feart are ye?"

Nae feart of what exactly? Are you going to punch me in the face for charging the price that's marked on the CD?

- People who don't use punctuation properly, particularly not putting full stops at the end of sentences.

- Usage of the word 'yr'. No idea and no logical explanation why it bugs me, but it does.

- The belief that you have to say thanks to a bus driver when he/she drops you off. Why do they deserve a round of applause for doing their job but no-one else does?

- The fact that some bands are considered sacred cows and if you say anything negative about them then you're a horrible cynical bastard.

- 97% of my colleagues at work. Just the most minute things will get me annoyed for hours.

- The fact that I get so annoyed by such minute things.

- Larry David in Curb Your Enthusiasm being considered to be an asshole when, let's be honest here, he's usually right.

- Being called miserable earlier this year because I didn't laugh at Gary: Tank Commander or Come Fly With Me. Two of the worst things I have ever had the misfortune to witness. I'd call them an insult to television shows, but then I'd be afraid of insulting the people who thought up the idea for Celebrity Love Island.

- Liverpool fans. Some of the most deluded football fans there are, and I'd class the large majority of them as being terrible examples of the human race.

- The men who were sitting on the table opposite my girlfriend and I on the train to Glasgow on Friday evening. Two stereotypical suit-wearing, perma-tanned fucknuts who would not stop talking about their jobs with a ridiculously elevated sense of pride. Made me despair. When do you decide to lose your soul and become one of these people?

- Mogwai.

- Aberdeen fans.

- Celtic fans and their belief that there is a conspiracy against them orchestrated by the SPL.

- The lack of a music venue in Aberdeen that holds 80 people at most. It is so direly needed and things will never improve unless one is to open.

right, that'll do for now.

• Upvote 1

- The belief that you have to say thanks to a bus driver when he/she drops you off. Why do they deserve a round of applause for doing their job but no-one else does?

I do that. Then I also say thanks when someone serves me in a supermarket. Or in a general store. I also say thanks to taxi drivers, It's a service, they're getting payed for it I know but it's only polite.

Enjoyed the rest of the rant.

I agree with that last point working in the oil business you come across a lot of these characters I refuse to become one myself and expect to be put down as soon as any sign of this is observed I disagree with the no punctuation comment in no way is this annoying

The funny thing is it's usually the thick bastards that work in some kind of bullshit role that have this elevated sense of themselves. Extremely annoying.

I do that. Then I also say thanks when someone serves me in a supermarket. Or in a general store. I also say thanks to taxi drivers, It's a service, they're getting payed for it I know but it's only polite.

To be honest I think I have an issue with thanking bus drivers because of the severely poor quality of service they provide. I'm sure everyone has loads of stories about missed buses/rude drivers etc, so there's no need for me to go on about it!

I do say thanks to anyone who is polite in a supermarket/any other store though, they deserve it.

Any gigs I've been to there have involved something having to be turned down to the point where it has a negative effect on the overall sound. If this didn't happen, it'd be ideal!

I should say though, for quieter gigs, yes, it is very good.

I've never had any issues when playing there. I've played in groups from rock band to a 7 piece funk band squeezed in, pretty much playing solid from 10pm until 1am and can't remember having any issues with noise. Also there are new owners now with an increased emphasis towards music and using that space well so worth putting back on your list.