aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

More Facebook fun. I gave some "feedback" today on the horrible new photo viewer, which was "I HATE IT. Get rid of it". And they responded:

Hi,

We are aware of the problem that you described and apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, we do not have a specific date for when this issue will be resolved but hope to fix it as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Thanks for contacting Facebook,

The Facebook Team

Nice to know they actually read the feedback / problem reports!

I hate it as well, it feels like with the new profile and photo viewer that facebook is meeting the end of it's day. Social networking sites seem to have a 2ish year lifespan before going down the tubes and being replaced by another one.

Facebook launched 7 years ago.

Getting a 15% paycut. Also not being told about said paycut, and finding out about it by checking my bank balance and being short changed. Also finding out the decision to give me a paycut was made back in October last year. Knowing I could have been applying for new jobs this whole time, but didn't because I was left in the dark is a kick in the dick. Also the fact that I've taken on a whole new workload since my colleague has retired. Getting paid less for doing what is essentially 2 jobs is also a kick in the dick.

So, paycuts. and the Council.

Guest idol_wild
Getting a 15% paycut. Also not being told about said paycut, and finding out about it by checking my bank balance and being short changed. Also finding out the decision to give me a paycut was made back in October last year. Knowing I could have been applying for new jobs this whole time, but didn't because I was left in the dark is a kick in the dick. Also the fact that I've taken on a whole new workload since my colleague has retired. Getting paid less for doing what is essentially 2 jobs is also a kick in the dick.

So, paycuts. and the Council.

Is that even legal?

My arms being sore after painting. Especially the bits up by the ceiling. I'm short. Even with a step-ladder I have to reach.

This was an emotional rollercoaster for me.

After the first sentence I was like "She should post some examples of her work" and then I read on "Wow, it'll be like murals and installations, I'd really like to see that". By the end I figured "It's probably to do with redecorating..."

Is it?

That's exactly what i thought. Only thing i can suggest is walking out of your job. Get on job seekers, and take speed before every interview you go to. That's what the guy from Trainspotting did, and hey, they all turned out alright didn't they?

The nack is to get sacked, not quit. If you quit you wont get hardly any money off of JSA. But if you're sacked you get more. I might get my gf up the duff too. Seems to work.

Pet Hate: People complaining about facebook layout changes.

:finger:

I'm fairy certain a "suprise paycut" is certainly very illegal.

The legal action wheels are already in motion...

I would imagine at the very least they could be convicted of buggery. Do you know if your treatment was down to horrendous communication problems or a "let's see what we can get away with" attitude?

I would imagine at the very least they could be convicted of buggery. Do you know if your treatment was down to horrendous communication problems or a "let's see what we can get away with" attitude?

Well, my manager and supervisor know nothing of it. The agency who employ me were contracted to pay me less as of February (though they told me this morning the decision was made in October, but wouldn't take effect until the contract renewed), as instructed by the staffing department. It seems to be the staffing department who just haven't told my department, or even me. From the brief legal advice I have been given, it seems pretty illegal to just axe my earnings without my consent, or any sort of forewarning. But I don't know how legitimate that is yet.

I do have a contract with Manpower. I don't know if there is small print in the contract between the council and Manpower stating they can change the rate of pay as and when they please. I'm sure they've got their backs covered somewhere, but I'm still being led to believe that temp or not, they legally can't do what they've done. I guess we'll see.

This was an emotional rollercoaster for me.

After the first sentence I was like "She should post some examples of her work" and then I read on "Wow, it'll be like murals and installations, I'd really like to see that". By the end I figured "It's probably to do with redecorating..."

Is it?

Unfortunately, it is redecorating. I'm enjoying it though, apart from the arm pain.