aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

On a related note:

Spending a good 4-5 hours setting up a game of FM 2010 as manager of Man U, scouring the globe for players, setting up my backroom staff, playing the friendlies, assessing the squad etc.... then starting the season and getting fucking humped every week.

In retrospect spending 13m on Craig Gordon and another 13m on Adrian Mutu wasn't really shrewd management.

Edit- nor was promoting Brian "Choccy" McClair to assistant manager.

Guest idol_wild
On a related note:

Spending a good 4-5 hours setting up a game of FM 2010 as manager of Man U, scouring the globe for players, setting up my backroom staff, playing the friendlies, assessing the squad etc.... then starting the season and getting fucking humped every week.

In retrospect spending 13m on Craig Gordon and another 13m on Adrian Mutu wasn't really shrewd management.

Edit- nor was promoting Brian "Choccy" McClair to assistant manager.

I hope you got sacked.

I hope you got sacked.

Ive hit the heady heights of 8th in the premiership and I'm struggling to get out of my champions league group, so it seems likely.

Brian McClair is always my first choice right-hand-man if I'm managing a team in the English Premier, he's great. Good coaching stats and decent motivation/man management, and can handle the media pretty well when I can't be arsed.

My assistant in my Dons game was much better, in the pre-match meetings he'd give me valuable advice like "x team struggle against teams who play with a slow tempo, or against teams who play with a high defensive line" gave me an idea of how to set my team up. All I get at Man U is stuff like "we have a techical advantage" or "we have a height advantage" which isn't nearly as useful. I've got two scouts scouting my next opponents but still can't get that advice.

My assistant in my Dons game was much better, in the pre-match meetings he'd give me valuable advice like "x team struggle against teams who play with a slow tempo, or against teams who play with a high defensive line" gave me an idea of how to set my team up. All I get at Man U is stuff like "we have a techical advantage" or "we have a height advantage" which isn't nearly as useful.

Who was your assistant at Aberdeen?

I think (not 100%) that you can change which member of staff does the write-ups about your next opponent. I'd leave McClair to get on with assistant manager-y stuff and get one of your best scouts (with tactical knowledge too) to report on your next opponent.

Pet Hate - the cost of driving lessons. My work are moving out the road in the summer and guess who can't drive.. And 12.40 a day on the train is a piss take. oh plus 53.50 to get a bus pass as i don't live in town-town. I need to pass and have a car before July. Not likely. FUCK.

Try to organise sharing a lift with someone who lives near you? I had to do the same for a few days while my car was out of action...

xx

What happened at Cathouse? I was there last friday as well as friday part and there was literally only 2 people there all night, gave up at the bar twice after me and several people waited over half an hour.

There for Periphery?

a) Let's face it, the sound was a bit crap, and the sound guy just didn't seem to listen to the bands requests. I wasn't the only one who thought so either

b) One of my friends works for Basick and had press clearance to take photos... yet wasn't allowed into the area to do so! Said person was also on the guestlist but had to pay for some reason (incompetent people methinks)

c) James from TesseracT getting thrown out! No one seems to know why, but his band helped sell out the place, and he's also one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Ridiculously quiet too. Not like he was drunk and making loads of noise.

d) Another one person refusing to get served because they 'talked to someone who was drunk'.... so obviously he must have been buying drink for all the drunk people!

It just seemed like a really badly handled night. Personally I never had much problems other than no bar staff and the sound sucking, but the others would annoy me if they had happened to me aswell.

Try to organise sharing a lift with someone who lives near you? I had to do the same for a few days while my car was out of action...

xx

Yeah. Gonna sweet talk my colleague. But if he goes on holiday any time between us moving and me driving I'm fucked.

I'll probs give him some petrol money though. If I have to get a train I'll try and get reimbursed.

Doesn't everyone? me and my mates do. What must they think of aberdonians.

I was pretty near the front of the queue and everyone in front of me did..... aside from my gf. They just let her straight in. Not like their wasn't female staff there either.

Guessing you went down with the other John then? You should have been there the entire night. Monuments were decent (aside from the fact that other than the songs already out the rest just sounds EXACTLY like Fellsilent) and afterwards all of periphery and TesseracT were around chatting to people and doing photos etc. Thoroughly nice chaps. It's always best to go down really early, last time I got a lift down to Glasgow we were 45mins late due to roadworks and I missed the only band I wanted to see :(

Waiting ages for an office key. Getting an office key. Being very excited. It gets me in the front door, so far so good. Does it let me into my actual office though? Does it fuck.

How they managed to cut the wrong key is beyond me. All I can think is that they've given me the wrong one and the right one is sitting with Estates. I am hoping that's what has happened. Sweet jesus let this be what has happened. Three months....

fucking solicitors, my flat's been on the market since august with limited interest and their only suggestion is to lower the price by 5k. It would be cheaper to redecorate and redo the photos, advertise in the evening and relist on the aspc but they've suggested none of this. They seem to be taking the hump that i've dared suggest they could be doing more to promote our property.

they also suggested that we could sell it part exchange for a stewart milne new build. fuck that.

Pet hate: People coming forward to claim glory for their graffiti goggle drawings.

The anonymity is the source of the humour.

It is. But it's hard not to step forward to claim 15 seconds of message board fame.

All except one of mine are still anonynous though, but mostly rubbish and hidden on pages where no one will ever see them 8-)

Guest idol_wild
It is. But it's hard not to step forward to claim 15 seconds of message board fame.

All except one of mine are still anonynous though, but mostly rubbish and hidden on pages where no one will ever see them 8-)

Totes.

But the graffiti becomes instantly unfunny the second I discover who is responsible. I don't know why, and it doesn't matter who it is. So please, everyone, for my benefit, stop claiming glory for them. Otherwise I'm going to negative rep the fucking shit out of you.

That said, "TEABAGS LIKES HUMMUS" was scrawled in very large hummus-coloured graffati on the homepage last night. I laughed my titties off. I was expecting "cock", "pussy", or "tits". But no...hummus.

Guest Bob Knob
That said, "TEABAGS LIKES HUMMUS" was scrawled in very large hummus-coloured graffati on the homepage last night. I laughed my titties off. I was expecting "cock", "pussy", or "tits". But no...hummus.

tumblr_lee1wqUwE01qfu4tho1_500.png