aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Here's a brand new pet hate which was discovered by me in the Prince of Wales tonight...people who ask for a "wee tasty" of an ale before buying it. An offence usually committed by those in the oil industry who are just trying to act the 'smart cunt' in front of their cunty mates. This pet hate does not extent to the fat, old, CAMRA cunts.

Man-up and fucking buy a pint yi dick and stop wasting my time.

Asking for a little taste of an ale is pretty common, most pubs are happy to do it especially if it's guest ales or somewhere that rotates their beers regularly so the customers probably never tried it before.

E.g. Brewdog. It's good to get a taste. No point spending 3 on something you hate.

Pet Hate: Junkie cunts getting flats before me and my girlfriend. We're hard-working folks. All because council is guaranteed money off the dole and not us. Aye, well we won't get evicted 'cause we wont be causing the usual amount of shite junkies do. Bastards.

Guest Bob Knob
Asking for a little taste of an ale is pretty common, most pubs are happy to do it especially if it's guest ales or somewhere that rotates their beers regularly so the customers probably never tried it before.

Thanks for that.

E.g. Brewdog. It's good to get a taste. No point spending 3 on something you hate.

Pet Hate: Junkie cunts getting flats before me and my girlfriend. We're hard-working folks. All because council is guaranteed money off the dole and not us. Aye, well we won't get evicted 'cause we wont be causing the usual amount of shite junkies do. Bastards.

Hmmm, i can see their point if you and your girlfriend aren't guaranteed to give them money...

Yeah, I always ask for a taste if it's a new one to me.. otherwise you have to go on the name and that's less than no help. There've been a few times when I've just thought fuck it, the 'Rudolph's Nipples' sounds nice enough, bought a pint and it tasted like the inside of a dick.

xx

• Upvote 1

Well I agree with Bob Knob, I used to work at the Atholl and I thought this wee tasty thing is a pile of shite.

If you want to try a new beer, buy a pint, if you don't like it, don't buy another.

Why doesn't this sampling culture extend to lagers, vodka, champagne or food that an establishment may be serving? I'll tell you why. Because normal people aren't a bunch of dicks like real ale drinkers.

Shove your wee tasty right up your arse.

Yeah, what a fucking hardship for the poor ol' barkeep having to pour an extra splash of ale into a glass rather than having a customer waste his 3 because the pub has god rid of the selection of ales it had on the previous week and has brought in a whole new bunch.

It doesn't extend to spirits because they are limited in number and the ones each pub offers seldom change. As with lagers. It doesn't extend to food because if a pub changes an item on a menu to offer steak instead of mac 'n cheese, only an utter fuckwit wouldn't know what to expect.

Let's say there are 6 guest ales on offer, I think 5 of which are shit, would you expect me to be willing to (in the worst case) buy / drink 5 pints of shit ale (or 2 1/2 pints if I buy halves to taste) before finding something I like, only to take the fucking thing away the following week?

Fuck right off.

xx

Yeah, what a fucking hardship for the poor ol' barkeep having to pour an extra splash of ale into a glass rather than having a customer waste his 3 because the pub has god rid of the selection of ales it had on the previous week and has brought in a whole new bunch.

It doesn't extend to spirits because they are limited in number and the ones each pub offers seldom change. As with lagers. It doesn't extend to food because if a pub changes an item on a menu to offer steak instead of mac 'n cheese, only an utter fuckwit wouldn't know what to expect.

Let's say there are 6 guest ales on offer, I think 5 of which are shit, would you expect me to be willing to (in the worst case) buy / drink 5 pints of shit ale (or 2 1/2 pints if I buy halves to taste) before finding something I like, only to take the fucking thing away the following week?

Fuck right off.

xx

If you choose to be an arsehole real drinker then I am afraid you are just going to have to accept that some of the time it will taste like stale piss.

Sorry, that's not true. I should say all of the time.

I really dislike how politicians ALWAYS drop in a "filling the void left by the last government" or "fixing the mistakes of the last government" after making any point about whatever shitty decision making they're implementing on the country. Not going to get into the politics of it all just the sheer pettiness of the "it wasn't me, it was him and I'm doing something good I'm just fixing it for you". That's how a 5 year olds act.

Also the "I'm talking to you completely sincerely so you can really believe what I'm telling you, we desperately need to get rid of these forests, it's for the good of you ... not our friends that are going to be buying the land from you for cut down prices with no real regulation or rules on how they can use it. No no no, I can catagorically confirm that the dinner I had with the managing director had nothing to do with any under the table deals. That's just ridiculous you stupid little people"

It's no wonder we live in a society where the first thing we do is find someone to blame rather than focus all of the energy on resolving any issues and putting things in place to make sure whatever problem can't happen again when the people running the country are the worst ones. Blaming each other and blatantly lying about their real motivations for fucking us up the ass. Well I suppose they are all public school boys so probably don't know any better.

Idiots

This all sounds like a lot of bother. Just get a Strawberry Daiquiri or an Appletini :up:

A valid point, cocktails FTW.

If you choose to be an arsehole real drinker then I am afraid you are just going to have to accept that some of the time it will taste like stale piss.

Sorry, that's not true. I should say all of the time.

That's a somewhat closed minded view, I expected more from an internet forum!

xx

• Upvote 1

I really dislike how politicians ALWAYS drop in a "filling the void left by the last government" or "fixing the mistakes of the last government" after making any point about whatever shitty decision making they're implementing on the country.

It's just standard for politicians to do this. They'll claim credit when the economy does well and deflect blame when it doesn't. They'll go along with policies that seem successful when they're in opposition and lambast the government when they fail. They'll show no strength of conviction and then suddenly find religion without seeking repentance.

I think his point is the dole money goes straight to the landlord instead of from the tenants where as if they give it to jake they need to set up a direct debit and being the same age as me, probably doesn't have much of a credit rating.

Two things:

1. The dole/housing money would still have to bank transferred regardless of where it was coming from unless the person was paying it in cash, which i think we'll both agree is highly unlikely these days.

2. I'm not sure his credit rating would have a massive effect unless it was very bad.

Yeah, I always ask for a taste if it's a new one to me.. otherwise you have to go on the name and that's less than no help. There've been a few times when I've just thought fuck it, the 'Rudolph's Nipples' sounds nice enough, bought a pint and it tasted like the inside of a dick.xx

Oh dear........and you would know what that tastes like ??

:laughing:

True. They will also act like a cunt in restaurants, night clubs and internet forums.

I agree that there are a massive number of complete bellends who work in oil in aberdeen, but tarring everyone with the same brush isn't cool.

That's how the guys at Top Gear upset the Mexicans. They were so offended at this kind of stereotyping that they all woke up and fell out of their hammocks!

xx

I think his point is the dole money goes straight to the landlord instead of from the tenants where as if they give it to jake they need to set up a direct debit and being the same age as me, probably doesn't have much of a credit rating.

It's not that. It's because no matter what, with housing benefits it goes straight from the dole to the council. The tenant doesn't see it. Where as with me, it goes Job>me>council. Just say I over spend or get a shit wage and can't afford rent? that's the council losing money.

As shit as it is putting those who don't deserve flats, in flats is the best choice for the council.

And I hate it. 5 months my gf has been officially homeless and not even the offer of a bedsit to her. But we see empty flats getting filled with scum.

/Rant.