aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It's annoying when you go in to a shop with a bit of change, and you see something on offer at which you can afford, then it gets put through the till and it's scanned at the full price, and you have to feel cheap by explaining there's an offer so you get 30p off or something, or it's BOGOF.

The Nisa shop in Tilly do this all the time, probably hoping you'll just ignore it if you buy loads of stuff. Fuck those chancers.

The Daily Star is bad for that. they'll have a massive 20p sign. Then on top it will say "save". and more likely or not underneath there will be a "off tomorrow's daily express".

I'd be like "30p"

"It's 20!"

"No, 30, look."

By the way, it's only 10p. Put the paper back then if you don't want to spend an extra 10p.

Thank fuck I don't work in shops anymore. I hated everyone.

save

20P

off tomorrow's daily express

I got it working behind a bar..

"Double vodka please"

"That'll be 2.40"

"Whit? It's 2.20 across the road"

"Then cross the fucking road, ideally via the underside of a bus"

xx

In fairness I did this as a natural reaction when my "friends" made us go to some fucking business mans creeping on young girls bar in Edinburgh,

Me: "2 Jaegers and 1 red bull please"

Barman: "18.20"

Me: "Sorry, what? Is it made out of gold?"

Barman: "No."

Me: "Well then."

*hands over money*

*dies a little inside*

...."just like that".....

Haha! that was a common response to the tills ringing among the peasantry back in Ayrshire.

On that note - those little working-class Scottish adages that folks come out with really grinds my gears...

"Aye, it's a sair fecht" - usually when there's absolutely fuck-all adverse happening at the time.

"There's nae show withoot Punch" - normally applied when someone they don't like arrives at a function

"Ach, It's no' that" - with the subject, "that", completely undefined.

...or...

"Ah, wiz like that" - a Glasgow phrase, apropos to nothing.

...and my favourite....

A harassed-lookin wee wifie walks onto a bus with two heavy bags of shopping and her opening gambit to her fellow passengers is...

"This is me since yesterday".....wtf?

In fairness I did this as a natural reaction when my "friends" made us go to some fucking business mans creeping on young girls bar in Edinburgh,

Me: "2 Jaegers and 1 red bull please"

Barman: "18.20"

Me: "Sorry, what? Is it made out of gold?"

Barman: "No."

Me: "Well then."

*hands over money*

*dies a little inside*

That's slightly different, some of these snotty bars rip the fucking piss. I'll happily spend a few quid (or a small fucking fortune) on a nice bottle of wine or a couple of cocktails (the latter because they do take a bit of skill to put together and because I know stocking all the random fruit and necessary garnishes etc does drive the price up) but if someone tries to charge me 6 for a pint of flat lager or stale Guinness I tell them to fuck off and I leave.

As I said if you don't like the price, drink elsewhere.

xx

I understand what you mean but my point is when people sacrifice technique for it. The right technique does go a long way with volume though. Quite a few drummers i've played with bash the fuck out of them but hit the drums in the worst way, it sounds powerful but not good or even in time for the most part.

Seeing a drummer who does loads of stupid stick twirling prior to the song starting and is then unable to maintain a basic rock beat makes me very angry. It's all aboot the fundamentals, like.

Actually, having thought about it a bit, even if they can play really well I don't want to see any stick twirling nonsense.

Seeing a drummer who does loads of stupid stick twirling prior to the song starting and is then unable to maintain a basic rock beat makes me very angry. It's all aboot the fundamentals, like.

Actually, having thought about it a bit, even if they can play really well I don't want to see any stick twirling nonsense.

I disagree.

If you're a good drummer then you can get away with a little bit of flair IMO, just 'cause a drummer is packed away behind the kit doesn't mean they can't be a bit of a showman too.

On the other hand....

xx

from: Amazon Marketplace (payments-messages@amazon.co.uk)

subject:Your Amazon.co.uk order has been cancelled?

Dear Customer,

We're writing to inform you that your order 026-0912272-1257908 from barry bargains has been cancelled by the seller with the following reason: -

The item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Please return and attempt to purchase the item again at a later time.

WHY THE FUCK WAS IT SHOWING AS IN STOCK THEN. Fucking Barry Bargains. Cunt.

I took my old band so little seriously i would just get smashed and do stuff like jump off stage and shit. by the end of it all we were really doing is rearranging the songs and making jokes to mess up the singer anyway.

I really wish I'd got the cahnce to pay to see on of those top quality performances.

Drumming is about feel. You've gotta know when to beat fuck out of dem tubs, and know when to hold back. When to flail around the toms like a madman (ie. rarely) and when a simple double snare hit is an effective fill.

As Dallas knows, my number one pet drumming hate is the over-use of cymbals. Especially at small-ish venues when they stand out like a sore arse.

I used to batter the bejesus out of my drums (as anyone who saw de Barros and Sirius will attest). Then it finally dawned on me that if I just relax a little and stop skelping them so damn hard they sound infinitely better. Plus I break far fewer cymbals, drum heads and sticks these days. That's not to say I don't batter them when need be, just that a little bit of dynamic and feel makes all the difference.

Wazzock was a fucking beast at that. That fella fair hammered the drums, but his technique was so relaxed that he could move through the gears effortlessly. Ace drummer.

Guest idol_wild
We still played together in time and as tight as we could, it was just the singer was kind of left in the blank...

May I ask why you left your singer in the dark and tried to embarrass him onstage?

I have a developing hatred of the singer from that band Everything Everything. First time I listened I thought hmm a bit different, kind of quirky last time I heard it on the radio I had to turn it off. It's a shame because I actually quite like some of the music.

There is a track on right now on 6music and it's making me feel ill. I honestly can't think of a band that I dislike quite as much. I'd rather listen to any number of pish "club" tacks in preference and that's saying something. Terrible terrible singing.

Guest idol_wild
There is a track on right now on 6music and it's making me feel ill. I honestly can't think of a band that I dislike quite as much. I'd rather listen to any number of pish "club" tacks in preference and that's saying something. Terrible terrible singing.

Have to agree. Fucking hate that band.

HATE.

It's definitely not a petty hate on my part, though. It's full blown hate. There isn't a thread created for the level of vitriol I have towards this band of fucking cartoons.