aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Mulgrew didn't get booked for his goal celebration, did he?

I'd need to see it again but both celebrations looked similar yet one gets punished with a yellow card. That's the most annoying thing.

If Aberdeen appeal the decision will that mean that Jack might be able to play against R*ngers?

No appeal process for two yellows, unfortunately. Unlikely an appeal would stand up anyway.

Guest Gladstone
No appeal process for two yellows, unfortunately. Unlikely an appeal would stand up anyway.

Even if there was an appeal process, the Dons would be told to get fucked. Both were stick-on yellows. Second was a really late tackle and the first was a yellow according to the (stupid) rule.

Guest Gladstone

Mulgrew's celebration wasn't the same as Jack's. He just ran and slid on his knees in front of the crowd. he didn't actually approach the crowd, but looking back at Jack's celebration, the only reason there was any problem with his celebration was the line of security guards that he ran into. If they weren't there and he had stopped where he stopped without going right into the crowd he probably wouldn't have got booked which just makes it even more ridiculous. That's surely what the security is there for - to keep players and supporters apart. He ran up and celebrated pretty much in front of the security guards who pushed him back and he turned and went back to the pitch. I don't even think that should be a booking under the rules - although I don't know what the actual rule says, but I thought it was if you went into the crowd you got booked (unless you're a Rangers player - i've seen Lafferty and Cousin get off with actually hugging their fans and I'm sure one or two others...)

Jack was a fanny for getting booked after his goal. If you get booked for celebrating, you're an idiot. Every footballer knows the rules, but somehow all of them think that it's OK to swallow a booking for this.

I'm amazed that manager's don't go fucking mental at this. Might sound harsh, but he really let the team down. Just totally needless, and he knew it would happen.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

I don't think he over-celebrated though. Fuck me, the kid just scored a beauty away to Celtic and he celebrated in front of his own fans. I don't even think he was trying to get to the fans. The more I look at it the more I think it was undeserved.

I'm pretty much on the "he should really know the rules" front with this one... As daft as it is (personally I think it's a very valid rule) he should really know better, even with the adrenaline rush.

Then again, better players than Jack have gone mental after scoring:

messi-celebrates.jpg

I'm pretty much on the "he should really know the rules" front with this one... As daft as it is (personally I think it's a very valid rule) he should really know better, even with the adrenaline rush.

Then again, better players than Jack have gone mental after scoring:

Case in point:

Fucking lunatic!

What is with Levante tearing up la liga? It's gone on long enough now to not be dismissed as a bit of a lucky streak. I fully expect them to tail off soon and Realona to gallop away from the rest as the season wears on but it's been refreshing to see.

Joe Cole nabbed another goal at the wknd. Gave an interview in pigeon french too. Turning into a cult hero over there already.

What is with Levante tearing up la liga? It's gone on long enough now to not be dismissed as a bit of a lucky streak. I fully expect them to tail off soon and Realona to gallop away from the rest as the season wears on but it's been refreshing to see.

Joe Cole nabbed another goal at the wknd. Gave an interview in pigeon french too. Turning into a cult hero over there already.

Je m'appelle Joe. J'habite a Londres en Angleterre. J'ai vingt-neuf ans. J'aime faire la football.

Guest Gladstone
Je m'appelle Joe. J'habite a Londres en Angleterre. J'ai vingt-neuf ans. J'aime faire la football.

I don't speak any french whatsoever, but... shouldn't there be a reference to "Lampsy" in there somewhere?

I posted this article last week, very good read. All Sid Lowe pieces are great.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/oct/17/levante-la-liga-expendables-2

The match on Saturday was very good despite the lack of goals. I've never been at a game before where one team really parked the bus. I was sitting looking down on the goal barca were attacking in the second half. It was very interesting to see how the Sevilla players were positioning themselves and limiting the barca players space. It might not have been enough as there were still a few chances but their keeper played an absolute blinder.

The premiership was crazy yesterday, City have got everything they need right now. I could happily watch Silva and Aguero all the time. The pass for the final goal was glorious.

Chelsea match was crazy, you really couldn't tell that QPR had a two player advantage.