aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Wayne Rooney, Nani, Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero are on the shortlist for the Ballon D'or (which lets face it belongs to Messi again) yet somehow David Silva and Robin Van Persie who have probably been the best premiership players across all of 2011 aren't on the list.

Abidal is on the list and Dani Alvez. It's a joke. Forlan as well, despite him having probably his worst season in years.

I, personally, am delighted that Naismith is suffering a horrible injury. He's a nasty, vile little shit. I never wish injuries on anyone but in his case I would probably have a hearty 'lol' at some career ending incident for him.

...Okay maybe that's a bit far but I was jeering him off the pitch when he got taken off. Wanker.

Willie Collum is an awful, biased, cheating scumbag.

/mybelatedthoughtsonthegame

Also, Considine was great. MOTM in my opinion. People seem to think he's had some huge epiphany in the last few games without taking into account he's been played in his best position for the first time in aaaaaages. A left footed centre back is not a left back.

Wayne Rooney, Nani, Luis Suarez and Sergio Aguero are on the shortlist for the Ballon D'or (which lets face it belongs to Messi again) yet somehow David Silva and Robin Van Persie who have probably been the best premiership players across all of 2011 aren't on the list.

It's a strange set up. It seems to be for the calendar year rather than the season just gone, or whatever, so it'as based on two half seasons than one full season which is an odd way to accolade a player. They also seem to have a love-in with Barca and Real, so practically their entire starting 11s get shortlisted.

Rooney has had a good 2011 after a woeful 2010, but Nani is still performing in fits and spurts. I'd say Javier Hernandez has done better than them both over the course of 2011, scoring the majority of his goals for his club, and starring in the Gold Cup win for Mexico.

Robin Van persie and David Silva not being included is mental.

Not that any of it matters. It's Messi every year. Debating the list of soon-to-be-losers is all a bit redundant.

I, personally, am delighted that Naismith is suffering a horrible injury. He's a nasty, vile little shit. I never wish injuries on anyone but in his case I would probably have a hearty 'lol' at some career ending incident for him.

...Okay maybe that's a bit far but I was jeering him off the pitch when he got taken off. Wanker.

Willie Collum is an awful, biased, cheating scumbag.

/mybelatedthoughtsonthegame

Just don't look at the RFC twitter page (curiosity dragged me in, my eyesight may never recover) or the hashtag #allthebestnaisy

It's a strange set up. It seems to be for the calendar year rather than the season just gone, or whatever, so it'as based on two half seasons than one full season which is an odd way to accolade a player.

I always find it strange too. Such an odd time to make the award.

Anything other than a messi win would be kind of ridiculous so it is quite pointless.

I always find it strange too. Such an odd time to make the award.

Anything other than a messi win would be kind of ridiculous so it is quite pointless.

It wouldn't be completely ridiculous if Ronaldo won, but I suppose you're right.

I personally think Kari Arnasson is the best player in his position just now, so surely he deserved a shout?

Having been a Stoke City fan for almost 30 years, having braved defeats at the hands of Bournmouth, Mansfield Town, Wolves, PORT VALE!!!! and more recently ( last 5 years ) an away 4 - 0 drubbing at the hands of Colchester united, after last night i fear they may have finally broke me. No more"Rorys throw" no more "Huth's nudge in the back". Some may "rightly" argue that this is as good as it gets for Stoke, i however cant fucking stand the Premiership and its pishy un - atmospheric grounds and the fucking legions of armchair experts on a team that theyve never even seen the gates of the ground. Bye!

Having been a Stoke City fan for almost 30 years, having braved defeats at the hands of Bournmouth, Mansfield Town, Wolves, PORT VALE!!!! and more recently ( last 5 years ) an away 4 - 0 drubbing at the hands of Colchester united, after last night i fear they may have finally broke me. No more"Rorys throw" no more "Huth's nudge in the back". Some may "rightly" argue that this is as good as it gets for Stoke, i however cant fucking stand the Premiership and its pishy un - atmospheric grounds and the fucking legions of armchair experts on a team that theyve never even seen the gates of the ground. Bye!

So, you'll be cheering for your team to get relegated?

That'll go down well on the other side of your grounds gates, or wherever it is you have to go to have a valid opinion on football.

• Upvote 1

http://fourfourtwo.com/blogs/serieaaaaargh/archive/2011/11/01/italy-unites-behind-stricken-gattuso-and-cassano.aspx

This is a sad article. Gattuso having problems with his sight, which is hopefully only temporary, and it is being widely reported Cassano has suffered from a stroke. Gattuso quotes are really sad, though the message from old foe Totti to Cassano is brilliant. All round bad times for Italian football, and essentially Italy in general.

Guest Gladstone

Why is everyone talking about Rooney playing well in centre midfield? I said ages ago he'd make a really good centre midfielder. I'm surprised it's taken so long for him to played there.

Rooney would make a good anything. He can probably play anywhere and look the part.

I suppose the argument is, is he a better midfielder or a better striker? Fergie has said he thinks it's the latter, which is why he's not allowed him to be Scholes' successor. I think the effect of that is there to see. You take Rooney out of the top 2 and the goal threat diminishes a little bit. Rooney did a great job sparying the ball around, but nobody really looked capable of putting the ball in the net.

Personally I think it's best he plays as a striker, because he always drops deep into the hole anyway, and there's where he's dead good. Then again, He was instructed not to do this in the 09/10 season where he played as the lone front man, and he scored a million goals, or thereabouts. So it's a tough debate. I say just put him on the pitch and let him do what he wants. He's going to anyway, so why fight it? He has no position.

Evra has been guff. He has no pressure to perform because there's no other left backs in the squad pushing for a place. Fabio can, but he's not left footed. Pat jsut walks into the side and doesn't play well now. Get it together.

Should probably still have been nominated for the Ballon D'or though. Best guy.

Guest Gladstone

I get the debate as to whether he should play centre mid or striker, but everyone seems surprised at how well he played in centre mid against a pretty mediocre team. He's up for world player of the year, he's an all rounder with great energy. He was always going to be a good centre midfielder. He is probably worth more to Man Utd up front though.

Phil Jones at left back.

Smalling - Rio - Vidic - Jonesy

Solid.

Big Phil is a righty though. Seeing him swipe at the ball with his left foot looks like Bambi on ice. United have enough one-footers on the right wing with Ashley Young.

I say they should get those Da Silvas toughened up, so they don't play one game and then get their legs broken or whatever. They look good when they're not injured, which is more often than Michael Owen.

Or King Pat could remember how to be the best player ever. Is that so much to ask?