aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

That's a little bit more than me. It is bloody mental though. And they haven't just collapsed as soon as people started talking about them. Since they first went joint top they have one twice more needing wins to go back to the top and done it.

Last year Villareal even when playing really well bottled it when they had a chance to go top on their own.

Talking of them, they are super shit this year and Rossi has just got a serious injury. Relegation candidates.

I take back what I said about La Liga. It's been great this year. I'll no doubt take back taking back what I said when Levante's run comes to an end but long may it continue. I've not watched any of their matches in their entirety but it sounds like they are not just getting the wins but earning them too. The guys on the Guardian podcast have mad pingers over this team.

Fucking hell yes! Why is there even a story? Did he say it or not?!? I noticed a Times article the other day said something along the lines of 'Was Terry being Racist? Make up your own mind' .... em no, my mind should be made up by the truth, not speculation.

Not only has it sparked an embarrassing tiny minority of racist cunts to crawl out the woodwork and make noise on twitter, etc but on the other side we get that boring broken record mirror journalist Darren Lewis being wheeled out every five minutes to tell us we're all racist.

I fucking hate this issue. It's not like us normal folk can do anything to change it except by continuing not being racist. But of course, that's not a story.

Guest Gladstone

As much of a dick as John Terry is, I really can't imagine him going "hahaha, Anton you black cunt" with that smile on his face. I think it's more likely that he called him a blind cunt. BUT, it is John Terry, and he's done some pretty horrible things in the past, so I wouldn't rule it out all together...

But the thing that's bothering me about the whole "did he, didn't he say it" issue is his statement that him and Ferdinand ironed it out with a chat after the game. I forget what the actual quote from Terry was, but it left me wondering what exactly they spoke about. Did he apologise for calling him a blind cunt and laughing at him? I very much doubt it. So did he say something racist and then ironed out with him after the game and apologise?

I don't know - but really, it's up to Ferdinand to come out and tell us whether or not Terry made a racist remark or not.

There's been a few incidents of racism speculated against him over the years. The one with Ledley King comes to mind, and the one from the CL Final when he said something to Tevez with his mouth covered, and then spat on him. Karma tore him a new one by pissing next to the penalty spot, for him to slip on and make a right arse of himself.

This one with li'l Ferdinand is an odd one though. Terry claims Anton hadn't claimed he said anything racist and "everything was fine between us after the game". I think if that was true, Anton would have come out and said "Aye, he said nuffink". But he hasn't. That TV "evidence" is inconclusive too. Doesn't look like he says anything other than "knobhead" and "bastard". That's nothing. He's just frowin' 'im a bit o' banter.

I hope it turns out he's innocent though. We don't want any more of that "will he? won't he?" in terms of being England captain just a few months before we win the European Championships with ease.

Maybe he hasn't outright dismissed him being racist because he was calling him "knobhead" and "bastard". Why would you want to do someone any favours who said that to you?

SO, we're playing the Huns tomorrow. Thoughts on a scoreline? I reckon 3-2 Aberdeen.

Guest Gladstone

I just read the recent article with quotes from Ferdinand saying things like "thanks to everyone like Jason Roberts etc. for all the support".

Doesn't sound like Terry said nothing racist if you read into that.

The only reason I can imagine Ferdinand being candid about the incident is if Terry is actually guilty. If he didn't say anything, surely Ferdinand would just come out and clear it up.

I was just about to ask if Terry is still England captain, but Soda Jerk read my mind and answered it for me. I don't know how he can be found guilty of this though. The TV evidence is completely inconclusive. There are players quite close to him though and I think the referee wasn't too far away, so there must be witnesses, rather than just Terry saying he didn't do it and then (if he actually came out and said it to the investigators) Ferdinand saying he did do it.

I just read the recent article with quotes from Ferdinand saying things like "thanks to everyone like Jason Roberts etc. for all the support".

Doesn't sound like Terry said nothing racist if you read into that.

The only reason I can imagine Ferdinand being candid about the incident is if Terry is actually guilty. If he didn't say anything, surely Ferdinand would just come out and clear it up.

I was just about to ask if Terry is still England captain, but Soda Jerk read my mind and answered it for me. I don't know how he can be found guilty of this though. The TV evidence is completely inconclusive. There are players quite close to him though and I think the referee wasn't too far away, so there must be witnesses, rather than just Terry saying he didn't do it and then (if he actually came out and said it to the investigators) Ferdinand saying he did do it.

Even if nearby players did hear it, QPR players will say he was racist and Chelsea fans will say the opposite. It will never be proven, and will probably just fizzle out like the Evra/Suarez case did. I believe Suarez was racist because King Pat is a saint, and Saurez bites and spits on people. Send him to jail!

Guest Gladstone

Don't ever go into a game against Rangers with a good feeling. It will only end in disaster.

I think Rangers will pump the fuck out of the Dons tomorrow. I don't know why - just got a bad feeling about it.

I'm genuinely not saying that to not tempt fate or anything, I just for some reason think the Dons will get spanked tomorrow. I hope not because there's 10 points between Rangers and Celtic and we could do with someone (anyone, please...) beating Rangers now and again because Celtic are pish.

I'll accept any non-defeat. This feels like the first time in a while where I've felt optimism before a Rangers game with just cause. Our midfield is well capable of bossing the game if they keep their recent level up, and Vernon/Fallon are starting to gel nicely.

Huns haven't lost a goal away from home this season. That is one record that is getting smashed tomorrow!

If anyone fancies a punt of Levante for the La Liga title then you can get odds of up to 500/1!

Got the 'magic' of the FA Cup 4th Qualifying round tomorrow, away at Hayes & Yeading who actually play at Woking's ground, more non-league toilet tinpottery but not been to an away game all season so looking forward to it. Also hate being drawn in cups against teams in your own league. Hopefully we can be in the hat for the 1st Round draw Sunday Lunchtime.