aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Ah yeah, I remember that rant from him. It was an odd one. He's a bit of a cunt going into tackle too. He's going to break a few legs in his career I imagine.

It's good that the UK version of FIFA12 have him and Rooney on it. Swell role models for the kids. It should have Phil Neville and Peter Odemwingie on the front. Football is for nice guys!

... oh, there was football today?

Yeah, there was. We won 7 or 8-3.

Middlesbrough won a home game for the first time since Auguest yesterday and with Southampton only drawing against Reading we're back within touching distance of top spot in the Championship. Mowbray is doing wonders with a relatively small squad (compared to what we had a year ago). Hurray!

That's pretty grim; John Terry is a massive fucking bastard. He hollers it just as Ashley Cole glides past him; you'd think Ashley would hear that and take Terry up on it.

But hey, maybe MVB and every single member of staff at the football club will get "massively behind" Terry, a la Liverpool.

That's pretty grim; John Terry is a massive fucking bastard. He hollers it just as Ashley Cole glides past him; you'd think Ashley would hear that and take Terry up on it.

But hey, maybe MVB and every single member of staff at the football club will get "massively behind" Terry, a la Liverpool.

Do you mean AVB, or is there some reason for Marco Van Basten to get involved?

• Upvote 2

Guest Gladstone

Yeah - there's no way he'll get banned for that. Could be anything that starts with "bl". Black, blind, and I can't think of any others, but I don't think it's conclusive that he says black.

JT is still a total wankstain though.

Guest Gladstone

Just watched the Celtic v Aberdeen highlights - that rule regarding booking players for over celebrating with their own fans is ridiculous. There's no way Ryan Jack deserves a red card in that game. Ok, I didn't see the whole game so have no idea if he made any other fouls during the match, but a young guy scores a really good goal against Celtic at Parkhead, and the same young guy makes a rash challenge late in the game. He ends up getting sent off. The second one was a definite booking, but it would just have been a booking if he hadn't been yellow carded for celebrating with his own fans. Fucking ridiculous. He'll get a one match suspension for it too.

He'll get a one match suspension for it too.

...And therefore miss the Rangers game next week at Pittodrie.

I agree the rule is ridiculous regarding celebrating with your own fans (it's obviously be completely different if you are inciting opposition fans a la Adebayor).

HOWEVER, that said, rules are rules and players (should) know them - so just don't fucking do it! I'll never understand players that pick up bookings for taking their shirts off in celebration etc (worse than going over to celebrate with fans tbf) - their managers must be raging with them. I definitely would be.

Guest Gladstone

Yeah - I was going to post that he should know that he'll get booked for it, but in the heat of the moment it must be so difficult not to run to your fans (most players do that) and then be difficult to not get caught up and go right over to them. Ryan Jack didn't even get into them from what I saw. The stewards did their job and he just turned away and got on with it. I know rules are rules and you just have to get on with it, but it's a fucking stupid rule.

Getting booked for taking off your shirt is even worse because I've never understood the desire to take your shirt off after scoring. I can't imagine ever getting caught up in the moment and absent mindedly removing my shirt. But, saying that - what a stupid rule. I think it's to save people putting offensive slogans on their vests or whatever, but surely that can just be dealt with after a match if they do put something offensive on. I think I'm right in saying it's not against the rules to remove your shirt after the final whistle, so if you want to show something offensive, you still can and you'd get punished afterwards. That's how that should be dealt with for celebrating goals too. Didn't Mario B get booked for lifting his shirt up to reveal the slogan "Why Always Me" or something yesterday??

Football is mental.

WHY ALWAYS ME?

He's the gift that keeps on giving (me points in fantasy football).

For some reason I always had it in my head that removal of shirts after a goal was frowned upon due to do the desire to proctect the sponsors since they're going to be most prominent when a goal has been scored what with the close up on the scorer and all that. There's nothing to support my crackpot conspiracy theory but I'm running with it anyway.

WHY ALWAYS ME?

He's the gift that keeps on giving (me points in fantasy football).

For some reason I always had it in my head that removal of shirts after a goal was frowned upon due to do the desire to proctect the sponsors since they're going to be most prominent when a goal has been scored what with the close up on the scorer and all that. There's nothing to support my crackpot conspiracy theory but I'm running with it anyway.

Nah the rule's in place to stop players doing what Balotelli did and showing a message under their shirt.

Guest Gladstone

Many years ago when i was playing in the (shit) Buchan League for the (shit) New Deer FC, we humped one of our rivals about 5-0 and my cousin scored a hat-trick. I don't think he ever scored a hat-trick before or since, but he went to take off his shirt to celebrate, and the ref said "I'll have to book you" but he took it off anyway like a chump to reveal a white vest. Nothing written on it or anything, just a white vest.

/shitstorybro

Guest Gladstone

It wasn't a string vest, just a plain white cotton vest. He must have been about 26/27 at the time. Ridiculous. He is a bit of a twat (in a good/funny way) most of the time.

Mulgrew didn't get booked for his goal celebration, did he?

I'd need to see it again but both celebrations looked similar yet one gets punished with a yellow card. That's the most annoying thing.

If Aberdeen appeal the decision will that mean that Jack might be able to play against R*ngers?