aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Did I imagine that Gary Nev has been appointed as assistant manager of England?

If that's the case, England will win the Euros. Quite easily.

Think he's just been appointed to the coaching staff, don't think it's assistant manager.

I'll be supporting Denmark at the Euros, so you can shove your Germany up your arse. They're going to hammer Brazil in five days and then fuck up the Kraut's, Portuguese and Holland's programme!

Should they not do as excellently as I expect, then Holland will be my second favourites. But that's really academic as big Nicky Bendtner and Rommedahl are going to tear their group a new arsehole.

Actually I think Christian Eriksen might do something if the friendlies have been anything to go by. Midfield talisman.

Kieron Dyer has been given a contract extension, for one year, by QPR.

Unbelievable. I mean, I feel bad for the lad and all the injury problems he's had of course, but to give him a contract extension is mental! He'll be raking in, even on a reduced wage, several tens of thousands per week. He's played ONE FULL GAME since 2007!

Say what you want about Chelsea's performance over the game, one thing they definitely deserved was winning the penalty shoot-out. A finer set of penalties you will never see. I was wincing at the sight of David Luiz's huge run up but he proved me wrong. Really composed finishing all round. Ashley Cole's penalty in particular was brilliant.

I was pleased for Drogba. A great end to a fine career (even though he's got a few years still in him, he's not likely to repeat that). As much as everyone moans about his diving and such antics, he's been an ace footballing personality and on his day is one of the most exciting players to grace the pitch. I thoroughly enjoyed the game and couldn't have hoped for a more fitting end.

Guys...Chelsea are European champions! - that is absolutely nuts. Noone gave them a chance. I bet not a single journo/analyst picked them for winners at the start of the season.

Torres moaning about being on the bench I see, silly little man, just shut up and get on with yer football, despite your massive overinflated price tag you have no divine right to start any game. He should just get his down and not complain.