aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Still ludicrously cheap though. Wish I had a council flat. The council will come out and fix anything too, from a wobbly door handle to a leaking tap. My landlord just make sure the flat is water tight. Any other fuck ups come out of my own pocket, whilst paying twice the amount of a council flat for the privelage. Super.

I normally have to travel from city centre out to westhill in the morning and traffic is fairly baws. Monday, however, I need to go out to Newburgh:

How is the traffic outbound from the city centre heading onto the A90 in the morning? I know the traffic coming in is an utter spaff-fest...

I need to be at Newburgh for 9, if anyone travels that way at that time regularly, how much time should I give myself?

xx

I normally have to travel from city centre out to westhill in the morning and traffic is fairly baws. Monday, however, I need to go out to Newburgh:

How is the traffic outbound from the city centre heading onto the A90 in the morning? I know the traffic coming in is an utter spaff-fest...

I need to be at Newburgh for 9, if anyone travels that way at that time regularly, how much time should I give myself?

xx

Last time I went out that way it was no probs once past AECC. The traffic heading to the Bridge of Don area from the centre of town will be your issue and it gets grim between 8 and 9. I would leave between 7 to half past and chance arriving early. Take a book or something. I always prefer being too early to getting caught in traffic and stressing about being late.

Is it normal for landlords to charge a fee for the preparation of the lease, ON TOP OF the first months rent and deposit?

I know some places ask the tennant to go halves on a independent body to come in and look the flat over. Preparation might be a fee for a lawyer or something like that to get it ready.

How much is it if you don't mind me asking?

Is it normal for landlords to charge a fee for the preparation of the lease, ON TOP OF the first months rent and deposit?

For a private landlord I've never had it, but they do have to pay a solicitor to make the lease so I guess it's up to them.

For an agency, expect to be charged a small fortune for the privelege

Well, when I moved into this flat 6 months ago, I didn't have to pay a lease fee to the letting agent. The application form that my soon to be new flatmate has filled out says they have to pay 75 towards preparation of the lease. I've never heard of it before, and it's strange that I didn't have to do it only a few months previous.

I'm also wondering if I'm going to have to pay it too. For a new tenant, getting the first months rent, deposit and now this lease fee all together, it's alot of money. I'm fortunate to already have a deposit down, I suppose.

Well, when I moved into this flat 6 months ago, I didn't have to pay a lease fee to the letting agent. The application form that my soon to be new flatmate has filled out says they have to pay 75 towards preparation of the lease. I've never heard of it before, and it's strange that I didn't have to do it only a few months previous.

Depends if they had to make a new lease when you moved in or not. Sometimes to make things easier they don't create a new lease when people move in (saves time and money for them and the landlord). My gf had that when her old flatmate moved in. They kept the old lease when a new person moved in so didn't need to change it. However when she moved out her flatmate requested a new lease be made so as to ensure joint liability on rent and they were charged 35 each I think

I'm also wondering if I'm going to have to pay it too. For a new tenant, getting the first months rent, deposit and now this lease fee all together, it's alot of money. I'm fortunate to already have a deposit down, I suppose.

When I moved into my current house, I was charged for a credit check, creation of the lease AND an inventory check. 120 of added costs on top of the deposit and first months rent upfront. No wonder estate agents drive flash cars :p I know for a fact they overcharged me quite a lot for the credit check as I have a family member in the finance industry!

Anywhere in town I can buy small quantities of speaker cable? It costs peanuts on ebay, but it won't fit through my letter box and I work during the hours the sorting office are open so would have to wait ages to go pick it up.

I'd say Bruce Millers or

Av Accessory Shop

445 Holburn Street,

Aberdeen

AB10 7GU