aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I definitely need to shop around, as I need very long curtains, as the prices really do mount up when they need to be around 2metres in length. Argos is the best so far. John lewis were quoting around 100 quid a pair, and I have two living room windows they need to cover.

Just get a smart price duvet and hang that up?

xx

Guest Gladstone

We've almost always bought our curtains in Next. They're nowhere near as pricey as the John Lewis price you just quoted!

That was when we lived in Aberdeen in our flat. Our curtains for our house all came from Donalds in Peterhead. Fucking brilliant for curtains. Really good quality, and the prices are generally pretty good. We have enormous windows in our house so have to get the long ones too.

The most recent pair I got from there was for the spare room, and cost 10. 10!! They were being discontinued or something - i wished we'd lived in our house for a year with no curtains and then just emptied their discontinued box. Who gives a fuck if they match if they cost 10...!? (I doubt the wife would agree, but since she only ever gets to see the blind over the window behind the kitchen sink, she'd never know anyway...)

Guest Gladstone

In snooker, they always have a stat on long pot success. What constitutes a "long pot"? I know what a long pot is, but for the purposes of that stat, is there a set distance between the cue ball and the object ball? Or between the object ball and pocket, or between cue ball and pocket?

Have you considered blinds?

If it wasn't for blinds, it would be curtains for all of us.

There's blinds too, but they're not very good. But it's a rented flat, so I probably don't have permission to fit new ones. Nor do I want to spend that much money on a flat I'll probably move out of in 6 months.

In snooker, they always have a stat on long pot success. What constitutes a "long pot"? I know what a long pot is, but for the purposes of that stat, is there a set distance between the cue ball and the object ball? Or between the object ball and pocket, or between cue ball and pocket?

Don't know about the veracity of this, but Glossary of cue sports terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia says:

In snooker' date=' a pot into any of the corner pockets where the cue ball had started in the opposite lengthwise half of the table. In other words, a pot in which the cue ball or object ball crosses an imaginary line joining the middle pockets.[/quote']

Guest Gladstone
Where in Aberdeen would be the best place to pick up a cheap double bed?

The place across from the back of Aberdeen college sells pretty cheap beds. Bedz2go I think it's called (next to that weightlifting/fitness shop)

Yeah, they sell complete beds, or just the mattresses. You could skip the 'Powerhouse' shop and sculpt your abs and guns by carrying the bed home above your head. Man, you'd be so ripped. Apparently that's a good thing. Sounds painful to me.

I'd have to buy a new shirt if I did this, as my emerging super man muscles would be bursting out of it.

Thanks guys. I'll be needing to get a mattress as well, do these chaps also sell them? I suppose I could stop by the fitness shop too, maybe get some weights to build up my guns. Or something.

We were looking for a new bed recently and had a swatch at the place down the back of the Techie College, it has loads of good deals on bed sets, i.e. frame + mattress, we had limited choice as only needing the frame. There's a plethora of bed places at Kittbrewster that are worth checking, a fair range of pricing as you work round them though.

Where in Aberdeen would be the best place to pick up a cheap double bed?

There's a place at the Haudagain Roundabout beside KFC that sell mega cheap beds. I got a really good one last year for like 250 quid, (including orthaepic mattress) but they have much much cheaper ones, like <100, and they deliver for free. I think it's called Bed Warehouse or something.

Does anyone know if Holburn Tropicals stock crickets?

Reptiles on the Green is always closed, and I need crickets for the tarantulas. Pets at Home haven't had a delivery yet, even though they were meant to get last night and this morning.

I've tried calling Holburn Tropicals, as they're nearest but no answer :down: