aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

The joke is that the punchline is unimportant. It's like stairway to heaven for comedians. I.e. its so hacky and bindun that when someone performs it and gets laugh its seen as an achievement.
I think you just made Lucky's bold bit a whole lot more understandable.

I went to the filling station once. I didn't eat because while someone did come to take a drinks order the actual drinks never turned up and after 15 minutes of sitting there being ignored by all the staff who seemed more interested in cleaning tables than serving customers we decided to walk out and go elsewhere. More like the Filling-me-with-rage Station.

Same. I went twice in the past and just stood around waiting to be given a table on both occasions, despite the place being empty. We only went last night because the Howff was closed and it was right across the road. I had low expectations due to past experience.

Guest Gladstone
When i leave a company and get my p45 does that contain exactly how much i've earned and been taxed over the financial year or only from that company? If not, how can i find that out if i don't have all my pay slips handy?

Once again i find myself applying for a fucking rebate. HM revenue can go fuck themselves.

As far as I'm aware your P45 will only relate to the information in relation to the company you are leaving.

You should have P60 from each place of employment which gives you a breakdown for the financial year. You should get that with this month's payslip. That's how it's always worked for me wherever I've worked anyway.

The joke is that the punchline is unimportant. It's like stairway to heaven for comedians. I.e. its so hacky and bindun that when someone performs it and gets laugh its seen as an achievement.
I think you just made Lucky's bold bit a whole lot more understandable.

Ah OK. Think I got it now.

Here's a version just for you Teabags.

And I am Kyle.

Failing that where do i request a p60 from? HM?

I'd had some recent P60 related issues. The company you work for sends the P60 stuff to HMRC so you should contact them in the first instance for your copy. Year end was just last month though so expect it to be sent in the next couple of weeks.

If they start dicking you about then contact HMRC and they will advise accordingly. They're also usually willing to chase up your employer as obviously they have a vested interest in ensuring everyone's paying their taxes.

It's a simple case of needing to see how much i've earned and been taxed so i can sort out a rebate.

I just changed jobs will that effect when i get my P60?

No it shouldn't but you'll get two P60s, one from each company you worked for this year.

In three posts we have just saved you the effort of watching the film. There's literally nothing more you need to know about it.

Is the film just a bunch of comics telling different versions of the joke? Is that where the clip of Sarah Silverman telling it comes from?

(I'm a bit in love with Sarah Silverman)

Is the film just a bunch of comics telling different versions of the joke? Is that where the clip of Sarah Silverman telling it comes from?

(I'm a bit in love with Sarah Silverman)

If I recall it has talking head segments of various comedians discussing the joke and how they became aware of it, kind of the history of it. The Gilbert Godfrey(or whatever his name is) dude told on off-colour joke about 9/11 at some award thing and when the audience booed launched into the Aristocrats joke which made well-known comedic talent Rob Schneider fall off his seat in a no-way attention seeking gesture. There's footage of that.

Sarah Silverman was one of the highlights. But that's just because she's kind of hot. Her version of the joke was shite as well. It's pretty much about just inventing the most disgusting variant on the premise.

Someone early on started talking about fucking kids and stuff so I watched most of it alone, my wife bailed at that point.

See how when you get a flat from Langstane they give you b&q vouchers or something? Well my girlfriend has been offered a Langstane flat, but it's through the council and counts as her first homeless offer. So even though it's a council offer, the letters and phone calls are from Langstane.

Is she right in assuming that she'll still get the vouchers?

I have an idea. Why don't you ask the best folk qualified? The ones that have been sending letters and making phonecalls to you.

I can't. One, it's officially nothing to do with me. Two, well... I thought there would be more reasons when I started writing this.

I was just wondering if anyone else had been in this position. I'll just ask them when they're showing her around the flat. No biggie.

• Upvote 1

Why do people who are registered 'homeless' not just rent privately rather than waiting x amount of months for a council flat/house?

Genuinely intrigued, I have often wondered this.

Because private rents are astronomically expensive and council rents are ridiculously cheap.

I can't. One, it's officially nothing to do with me. Two, well... I thought there would be more reasons when I started writing this.

I was just wondering if anyone else had been in this position. I'll just ask them when they're showing her around the flat. No biggie.

Ok, well why can't your girlfriend ask for herself then?

EDIT: We're all Aberdeen's music rockstars...you won;t find us on a homeless list. Drugs, hookers and plenty of fat dollah for us.

Ok, well why can't your girlfriend ask for herself then?

I think I answered this in my previous post. That's two posts about this you've been all arsey about. Why?

I was just on here and thought "oh, I'll ask about, like people do with these things, seeing as I can't actually make the official phone calls."