aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

You would be amazed how often the Sky or TalkTalk equipment is to blame, its the vein of my old mans working life, the shoddy equipment these companies use that he has to help them fix every day and the absolute morons they employ to fix their equipment.

BT Hubs are toss too. Or they were anyway. The Hub4 is decent, but the old Hub2 I had previously was worthless. Had to be reset several times a day. It made it impossible to illegally stream football, the bastards.

Replaced it with a cheapo Netgear one which was an improvement. Now I've got Infinity, I've not had to reset the router once since it was installed.

I better not speak too highly of BT though, or I'll be deserving of a smack, or something.

BT Hubs are toss too. Or they were anyway. The Hub4 is decent, but the old Hub2 I had previously was worthless. Had to be reset several times a day. It made it impossible to illegally stream football, the bastards.

Replaced it with a cheapo Netgear one which was an improvement. Now I've got Infinity, I've not had to reset the router once since it was installed.

I better not speak too highly of BT though, or I'll be deserving of a smack, or something.

Aye i was more meaning the equipment used in the exchanged, i think ive made my feelings on the hubs clear before, they are terrible most of the time, saying that like you ive only had to reset my infinity one once since i got it and the wifi in the flat has been much better. But dont get me started on the BT Vision box, my god what a piece of crap that thing is! 

The only issue I have with Sky is the calls I get every 6 months trying to get me to take a TV package.

I've had one so far, when the move from O2 to Sky was first announced. I just said "Do I need to do anything, will there by any downtime and will by bills change?" They said No, I said thanks, bye.

1387861-cool_story_bro.jpg

But yeah, I stream Netflix and NHL Gamecentre in HD with very little to no buffering issues. And I never go over any usage allowance and get charged extra (my main gripe from when I was with BT) so it's ideal.

Not content with taking F1 from me so that I get less stuff on TV that I like for the same license fee (and shame on the BBC for pooping their pants and ending their deal early), Sky then have the audacity to steal my ISP from me (Be).  I switched ISPs as soon as I heard.  Fuck Sky.  I am rather cross with them and can't see myself doing any kind of business with them any time soon on that basis.  Childish - possibly, but on the whole I'm a bridge burning bastard.

If someone takes you out for a meal at a restaurant that noone in your group has been to before, is it rude to critique the food? as in, because someone else is paying, am I allowed to say  something like 'the steak was a bit tough, but the potatoes were really nice'? Or are you socially obliged to say it was all really nice? 

I did this the other day and my girlfriend said it was really rude. It wouldn't even have entered my mind that it was in any way rude - but maybe I'm wrong. To me, part of going out to eat is discussing the food, the decor, whatever and it's in no way a reflection on the level of appreciation you feel for the gesture of someone offering to pay.

I mean, all of us really enjoyed both the food and the evening in general but I said something about my burger being not as good as my starter so it's not even as if I was sat there moaning the whole time, it was just an observation.

Edited by ca_gere

If someone takes you out for a meal at a restaurant that noone in your group has been to before, is it rude to critique the food? as in, because someone else is paying, am I allowed to say  something like 'the steak was a bit tough, but the potatoes were really nice'? Or are you socially obliged to say it was all really nice? 

I did this the other day and my girlfriend said it was really rude. It wouldn't even have entered my mind that it was in any way rude - but maybe I'm wrong. To me, part of going out to eat is discussing the food, the decor, whatever and it's in no way a reflection on the level of appreciation you feel for the gesture of someone offering to pay.

I mean, all of us really enjoyed both the food and the evening in general but I said something about my burger being not as good as my starter so it's not even as if I was sat there moaning the whole time, it was just an observation.

When I was in Dumfries people would ask if I was enjoying food that was given or made for me, I would reply "fine"

they took offence as "fine" is used as acceptable, rather than the North East meaning of fit fine