aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Visited a mate when younger.

was perplexed when I was asked if i fancied rolls for lunch.

I thought they were wanting to eating plain buns/softies. However "rolls" is a term used for sandwiches which could contain any filling you wish. 

I had the reverse when I came up here. Took me ages to work out what some of the nonsense you lot speak up here means :p

I grew up in Dumfries. It's alright.

Do iPod Classics still have that totally bent EU volume restriction?

My Classic is on its last legs, and there's not really much in the way of alternatives on the market when it comes to mass-storage MP3 players. But I don't want to buy one again if it's going to be as quiet as my Classic currently is. I have the volume on full with closed back headphones, and it's pretty tame compared to my phone. Phones just ain't big enough though.

..Mine has an adjustable volume restriction, so you can go into the settings and set it to the max and it removes the limit - I believe...! Probably best ask a cunt (my preferred title for them rather than genius..) at the Apple shop. They're usually pretty decent and if they don't know they'll either find out or let you play with one.

xx

Mine has a limit option in the settings too, which is maxed out, but it still seems a bit quiet compared to my phone and my missus' little iPod nano. Apparently the latter isn't subject to the EU volume limit. It's plenty loud!

The classic just doesn't push out enough power to use it with over-ear headphones and sound any good.

Be careful kids, I think your Uncle Frosty's been at the Port again...

Why? It was not a quick question. It was an important discussion to be had with many varying and equally valid opinions which deserved to be aired. The place for such a debate is not in the 'Quick Questions' thread.

(W&J Graham's Late Bottled Vintage 2008, btw)