aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I busted my ass to learn to drive when I was 23 because everyone else I knew had a license since they were 17 and I always felt like Jonny passenger seat. Passed my test on the 3rd attempt with a wallet thousands of pounds lighter. I could count the number of times i've driven since on one hand. Well maybe two hands but still, waste of money for me. I do feel significantly cooler/harder but that's it.

I passed when I was 17. It was much cheaper back then but then that was 15 fucking years ago. I think I was £15 an hour and I took about 20 lessons, plus costs of tests etc. Prob about £400 all in. Passed first time, it was also the first year of the theory test, which was a piece of piss back then as well.

What is the correct sequence of lights on a traffic light?

Red - red/orange - green - orange - red?

Red - green - Red - green - red?

Red - blue - purple - green - orange - red?

Was one of the questions. I did all my studying for it on the bus to the testing centre.

I've taken my test 4 times and passed it twice - 50% pass rate. Like. A. Boss.

You've lost your license? Were you being a dick?

I passed first time, having only had about 2 lessons in the two years before my test.

Having a car is awesome. I just drive around beeping at sluts and generally being great. If I want to go to Glasgow to visit some pals, I just drive there. It only takes 2 hours these days, since they got the new roads.

I've taken my test 4 times and passed it twice - 50% pass rate. Like. A. Boss.

Why did you have to pass it twice? (unless it was a bus test the second time)

EDIT: Oh, Moose probably answered.

I passed first time, because I got a fucking easy test. Turn in the road as the one manoeuvre? Thank you very much!

Yeah, I wasn't really ready for mine but luckily it was during the school lunchtime and I had to go 20 everywhere. You can't go wrong at 20mph. Plus the test manny loved The Dons, so we just chatted about that. 1 minor for saying "what's coolant" when asked how to check my coolant and two for being a bit too much of a mad bastard. I did it in my Mum's Citreon Picasso.

Yeah, I wasn't really ready for mine but luckily it was during the school lunchtime and I had to go 20 everywhere. You can't go wrong at 20mph. Plus the test manny loved The Dons, so we just chatted about that. 1 minor for saying "what's coolant" when asked how to check my coolant and two for being a bit too much of a mad bastard. I did it in my Mum's Citreon Picasso.

Four minors for me but fucked if I remember what they were. I know I got two of them on that big roundabout near Makro.

Why did you have to pass it twice? (unless it was a bus test the second time)

EDIT: Oh, Moose probably answered.

I passed first time, because I got a fucking easy test. Turn in the road as the one manoeuvre? Thank you very much!

I passed my test 3rd time lucky when i was 17 and then got caught doing 108.4mph in a 70mph limit in my 1.2 Renault Clio. I had to go to court, was banned for 9 months, got a £350 fine and had to resit the practical test again at the end of it.

It was right before i went to uni so my first year turned into a disgusting boozefest, even more so than it would've been otherwise. I then sat my test again and passed first time. It was a pretty crappy time in my life and as much as i feel i was dealt with too severely i can only blame myself at the end of the day. Insurance was tough for 5 years afterwards and then it came off my record. I would like to say i've learned my lesson but i now have 8 points on my licence through two seperate speeding offences.

In short, im a terrible person.

I passed my test 3rd time lucky when i was 17 and then got caught doing 108.4mph in a 70mph limit in my 1.2 Renault Clio. I had to go to court, was banned for 9 months, got a £350 fine and had to resit the practical test again at the end of it.

It was right before i went to uni so my first year turned into a disgusting boozefest, even more so than it would've been otherwise. I then sat my test again and passed first time. It was a pretty crappy time in my life and as much as i feel i was dealt with too severely i can only blame myself at the end of the day. Insurance was tough for 5 years afterwards and then it came off my record. I would like to say i've learned my lesson but i now have 8 points on my licence through two seperate speeding offences.

In short, im a terrible person.

Ah, right. Naughty, but whatever, you're not the first new driver to speed and you won't be the last...

Does R&B have any Laney heads in stock? I fancy trying the IRT60. I know they use headstock distribution so they can order them for customers, but I don't remember seeing any beside the other heads for demo. If not I will just wait til I head back to Edinburgh and hope a shop there has them!