aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Guest Gladstone

On the point of what you call your other other half - I generally call my wife by her name... or "my wife". To her face, I call her "slut" quite regularly. She returns the favour by calling me "cunt" all the time. We're so in love. :love:

• Upvote 1

What if you hit a deer? Or someone going for a run? Black ice? Pothole?

OBEY THE RULES!

Rules are for pussies! Apart from hitting a deer (those little douche bags jump out at you regardless of how fast you're going) each of the occurences you mentioned can be quite easily avoided by not driving too fast. It's all about appropriate use of speed.

paime's right, excess speed has never been a factor in accidents involving joggers, black ice or poor road surfaces.

I think you misunderstood my last post. If there is the danger of black ice or if i know a road has potholes then you don't speed as that is innapropriate. If i know the road well and the weather is good then why not have a quick blast?

Dubya - i was caught my those police camera van units thingys on both occasions.

Friends of mine had a similar approach when they started out driving, especially for the first 5 or so years. Good conditions, roads you know well, a bit out of the way. Good drivers too, a lot of them, with experience way beyond their years from having driven on farms, in field cars, etc before they were legal on the roads. A few of them paid for that approach with their lives.

• Upvote 1

I think you misunderstood my last post. If there is the danger of black ice or if i know a road has potholes then you don't speed as that is innapropriate. If i know the road well and the weather is good then why not have a quick blast?

Dubya - i was caught my those police camera van units thingys on both occasions.

A road can be fine one week and have a pothole the next if a big fuck off lorry takes a chunk out of it or whatever. How can you always know?

I find it a little baffling you can justify breaking the law because you "know" the road. Even after having your licence taken off you and having points on your licence.

On the point of what you call your other other half - I generally call my wife by her name... or "my wife". To her face, I call her "slut" quite regularly. She returns the favour by calling me "cunt" all the time. We're so in love. :love:

Your wife is ace.

I've got points on my licence for being hard as fuck.

Seriously though the roads around here are really dangerous. Like Soda said lorries can easily tear out a pothole. Another big danger is farming machines and tractors. They shred the roads around my house all they time and quite often leave a lot of dirt and mud on the roads. Where we live it's not really a good idea to pretend your Vin Diesel. Imagine the scene. Big Vin powersliding around a big fuck off corner only to discover halfway round a load of cows. Not pretty.

There's a speed limit for a pretty good reason.

Isn't sugar the natural antidote? So Cyanide laced sugary treats is probably not the most effective of poisons.

Evidence from animal experiments suggests that coadministration of glucose protects against cobalt toxicity associated with the antidote agent dicobalt edetate. For this reason, glucose is often administered alongside this agent (e.g. in the formulation 'Kelocyanor').

It has also been anecdotally suggested that glucose is itself an effective counteragent to cyanide, reacting with it to form less toxic compounds that can be eliminated by the body. One theory on the apparent immunity of Grigory Rasputin to cyanide was that his killers put the poison in sweet pastries and madeira wine, both of which are rich in sugar; thus, Rasputin would have been administered the poison together with massive quantities of antidote. One study found a reduction in cyanide toxicity in mice when the cyanide was first mixed with glucose.[15] However, as yet glucose on its own is not an officially acknowledged antidote to cyanide poisoning.