aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Quick Q: did anyone else catch the mental old guy sitting on the bench outside Soul (about 6pm tonight) with a guinea pig on his chest? It literally blew my mind. I couldn't speak for about 10 minutes. Just this old Captain Birdseye looking guy merrily stroking a fluffy little guinea pig. Fuck "Guitar Wifey," Guinea Pig Man is the future.

Why don't you people drive?? If I didn't have a driving licence I would be completely stranded and, quite frankly, regard myself as a loser. What do you do if you need to go to B&Q or do a big Tesco shop?

taxi, or sponge a lift and offer money which you hope will be rejected.

Quick Q: did anyone else catch the mental old guy sitting on the bench outside Soul (about 6pm tonight) with a guinea pig on his chest? It literally blew my mind. I couldn't speak for about 10 minutes. Just this old Captain Birdseye looking guy merrily stroking a fluffy little guinea pig. Fuck "Guitar Wifey," Guinea Pig Man is the future.

He's been there for a year or two now, I think, but I hadn't seen him in a while so it's good to hear he's back! I hope it's still the same guinea pig. He had it on a lead in Union Terrace Gardens once.

Why don't you people drive?? If I didn't have a driving licence I would be completely stranded and, quite frankly, regard myself as a loser. What do you do if you need to go to B&Q or do a big Tesco shop?

I honestly don't know how I would ever afford to pay for and run a car whilst I'm living in Aberdeen and paying more rent than my sister does, and she lives in LONDON. That's not even factoring in fluttering away 50 or 60 quid a week on lessons to be able to actually drive.

I live in the city centre, a minute away from Morrisons and 2 minutes away from work. Fuck cars. If I'm going to succumb to owning any kind of transport, I'm going to buy a boat.

• Upvote 1

I have a pink license but I don't own a car and don't plan to for lack of £££. Buses are the future. Or just walk, B&Q is only about 30 minutes from my house. And I don't buy heavy thingz.

I honestly don't know how I would ever afford to pay for and run a car whilst I'm living in Aberdeen and paying more rent than my sister does, and she lives in LONDON. That's not even factoring in fluttering away 50 or 60 quid a week on lessons to be able to actually drive.

I live in the city centre, a minute away from Morrisons and 2 minutes away from work. Fuck cars. If I'm going to succumb to owning any kind of transport, I'm going to buy a boat.

If you're being quoted £60 for a driving lesson you're being well and truly fucked over.

I've found that it's around £30 the hour. So £60 for 2 hours seems to be about right. If it's 2 hours he's going for. Hence why I've never bothered either.

Fair enough. I got lessons for £24 a week, since I only got one hour a week. All you need really. I was learning for fucking ages like, since I was/still am a shit driver.

How the fuck is discussion on Jake's choice if ID, or not having a driving licence still going on?

Because people who don't drive are losers - big. fat. losers. that need to be exposed to the rest of the world as the rubbish people that they are.

If all these non-drivers drove, your driving would become alot more stop-start as the roads would be chaos. They are rammed enough as it is. You should be thankful us athletic and good-looking eco-warrior pedestrians and cyclists aren't clogging up the roads and pissing off the lazy polluters ;)

If all these non-drivers drove, your driving would become alot more stop-start as the roads would be chaos. They are rammed enough as it is. You should be thankful us athletic and good-looking eco-warrior pedestrians and cyclists aren't clogging up the roads and pissing off the lazy polluters ;)

You hippies and your cycling already interrupt my hydrocarbon-fueled rally to work - if you add in the number of pedenstrian crossings around town (why the council just can't scrap all crossings and operate a 'dash for life' motto in the vein of 'the survival of the fittest' is beyond me) the Aberdonian tree huggers already slow me down. I would gladly offer lifts to the car-less population of Aberdeen for compensation but given the fact that unhygienic passengers are allowed nowhere near my lovely leather interior and most followers of green peace reek of cheese and B.O it isn't a sustainable model....

On a serious note, if the busses around town didn't cost so much and smell of said cheese and B.O then i might be inclined to use them more often. As it stands i'd rather be enclosed in my German-designed wonderland of a car and mock the poor.