aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I just got a free money card, and since I'm going to rack up a few hundered quit of debt on it buying a bass, I've decided to add another few hundered to that total taking the wife away somewhere nice as fuck for our anniversary. For my birthday she took me here and I can not say enough nice things about it, so I'm gonna have to push the boat out. Looking for a nice, luxury country hotel. Money isn't a huge issue as I'll be paying it off over quite a while, but I expect to get what I pay for. Pretentious food and a Spa package ideally.

I'm thinking Ardoe House might be a good shout, but trip advisor rank it comparatively poorly.. anyone have any recommendations for places to look at or avoid like the plague?

xx

I just got a free money card, and since I'm going to rack up a few hundered quit of debt on it buying a bass, I've decided to add another few hundered to that total taking the wife away somewhere nice as fuck for our anniversary. For my birthday she took me here and I can not say enough nice things about it, so I'm gonna have to push the boat out. Looking for a nice, luxury country hotel. Money isn't a huge issue as I'll be paying it off over quite a while, but I expect to get what I pay for. Pretentious food and a Spa package ideally.

I'm thinking Ardoe House might be a good shout, but trip advisor rank it comparatively poorly.. anyone have any recommendations for places to look at or avoid like the plague?

xx

Don't be bent. Buy her a bass.

I say you should get out of Scotland and perhaps fly down to South England during the height of summer. I was down in Somerset last summer and the weather was just incredible. It was about 28 degrees during the day. I got burned because I didn't think the puny British sun could do me any harm... Fool! Bath is one of the most aesthetically pleasing cities I've ever visited in the UK. Really, really nice place to just walk around. Went to Cheddar Gorge too, which is just wonderful. Especially good if you like cider. Warm, flat cider, fermented in peoples basements and sold everywhere in recycled motor oil cannisters. Yum yum. The nights out are good too, as alot of pubs sell local ciders. Going down again in august for a wedding. Weddings are totally gay, but I'll have a window of opportunity to get tanked on warm cider and probably die from sun stroke.

Not too pricey. Easyjet do flights from Edinburgh for mega cheap. I don't know any fancy hotels, but screw that. Get a travelodge and get trollied on local brew and eat a fuckload of cheese.

xx

We went to the Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh for our Anniversary and ate in their Michellin starred resteraunt. Well out of our league in terms of price, but it was incredible. I can't say enough nice things about it.

Chocolates waiting in our room for us, rose petals and a card signed by the front desk because it was our anniversary. The meal was fantastic, 6 course's paired with wine. It was epic, and because its linked to the hotel, we didn't have to get a taxi - just stagger to the lift.

A++, Highly reccomend, would buy from again.

• Upvote 1

Where's best to get cardboard sleeves for cds printed?

I've heard good things about Breed but have never actually used them. Got a quote off them once, long time ago like. I think local group Boy With Compass got their EP covers printed by them and they look mint.