aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

yeh matthews its called.

i wasnt sure if its a supermarket or supplier.

also duno how pricey it is.

It's both, basically. Last time I was in there were folks stocking up for restaurants or similar (that or they have families of 50) but there were also a few folks with handbaskets buying odds and ends.

It's also cheap as a motherfucker, if memory serves me correctly.

xx

Found a wholesaler on ebay selling new 120Gb ones for £30. Which seems unlikely but for that price it's worth a punt. The latest gimmick of installing HD textures has nailed the space in my original drive.

Well it arrived. Not convinced it's "new" so tempted to mark the supplier down on ebay for item not being as described but it arrived quickly and it works so for £30 it's still great value. Fuck knows where it came from, it shows up with chinese characters on the console.

China?

xx

Aye I knew when I typed that someone would give me that answer. Guess what I mean is if it's genuinely a new official 360 HD that's from the Asian market and has been grey imported or if it's a used Asian drive or a chinese knock off.

It doesn't come up as 120GB, only 107GB but I've seen that kind of thing with hard drives before so not necessarily unusual. Anyway at least now I have room for more Battlefield and Portal 2 DLC.

Aye I knew when I typed that someone would give me that answer. Guess what I mean is if it's genuinely a new official 360 HD that's from the Asian market and has been grey imported or if it's a used Asian drive or a chinese knock off.

It doesn't come up as 120GB, only 107GB but I've seen that kind of thing with hard drives before so not necessarily unusual. Anyway at least now I have room for more Battlefield and Portal 2 DLC.

I've bought some electronics and "official" products on eBay before which have come from Hong Kong, don't want to worry you but they rarely last more than 2 months, if they work at all.

I've bought some electronics and "official" products on eBay before which have come from Hong Kong, don't want to worry you but they rarely last more than 2 months, if they work at all.

Hmm. I'll try and remember to keep backing up my saved games to a memory stick in that case...

If a train leaves station A and travels at 100mph, and a train leaves station B travelling at 75mph, and the stations are 100 miles apart, and both trains leave the stations at the same time - at which point on the line will the trains collide and how long will it take to happen?

I've never been able to work out these maths questions. One for the geeks out there.

If a train leaves station A and travels at 100mph, and a train leaves station B travelling at 75mph, and the stations are 100 miles apart, and both trains leave the stations at the same time - at which point on the line will the trains collide and how long will it take to happen?

I've never been able to work out these maths questions. One for the geeks out there.

34.28 minutes at a distance of 57.14 miles from station A. Or 42.86 miles from station B, depending on how you wish to calculate it.

*Edit* - Solution:

Take relative speed (175mph) as rate, R.

Take 100 miles as distance, D.

Take unknown value for time, T.

D=R*T.

T=D/R.

T=100/175.

T=0.5714 hours (T*60 = time in minutes = 34.28 minutes)

To then find distance from whichever station, use the same D=R*T equation, this time with D as the unknown:

D (station A) = 100*0.5714 = 57.14 miles.

D (station B) = 75*0.5714 = 42.86 miles.

You could also just use D (station B) = 100 - D (station A).

34.28 minutes at a distance of 57.14 miles from station A. Or 42.86 miles from station B, depending on how you wish to calculate it.

*Edit* - Solution:

Take relative speed (175mph) as rate, R.

Take 100 miles as distance, D.

Take unknown value for time, T.

D=R*T.

T=D/R.

T=100/175.

T=0.5714 hours (T*60 = time in minutes = 34.28 minutes)

To then find distance from whichever station, use the same D=R*T equation, this time with D as the unknown:

D (station A) = 100*0.5714 = 57.14 miles.

D (station B) = 75*0.5714 = 42.86 miles.

You could also just use D (station B) = 100 - D (station A).

You've just ended 20 years of unsolved maths problems and im not sure i can thank you enough.

Teabags - kudos for being a baw hair away using nothing but a guess, you should work for NASA.