aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

It's been patched so as long as you have an internet connection and download the updates which should be automatic when you start the game it should be fine. It's still not perfect but the screen rate shouldn't drop to an unplayable level.

Thanks mate. I was pretty sure it was okay now, seen playthroughs of it with the FPS dropping to 2 (two!) compared to the normal 30 after 60 hours of play, but if it's patched then that's cool.

What is this arrow to the knee thing I keep reading? What does it mean.

Bloody love Skyrim, I do. Its no Fallout 3, but it is a bit special.

A guard in Whiterun, one of the first cities you visit tells you (among other things) "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee...". There you go! That's it! Honestly!

Fallout 3 was amazing. Skyrim is a very different game, much deeper I think than Fallout 3, but man do I miss having guns.

What is this arrow to the knee thing I keep reading? What does it mean.

Bloody love Skyrim, I do. Its no Fallout 3, but it is a bit special.

Have you never heard that before whilst playing Skyrim? The guards will occassionally say to you when passing them 'I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow IN THE KNEE' (note it is NOT to the knee as loads of people write.... you know who you are flights ;))

Then annoying people everywhere decide to replace the adventurer bit with all sorts of dumb things.

I do love the term Rimlag to describe the PS3 problem though!

The best bit about the "arrow in the knee" thing - and indeed with all the guard lines, some of which are genuinely giggle-worthy - is that all the guards' voice actors had to record them. So you get that same line in four or five different voices, all with silly almost-Norwegian accents.

You can get up to 16GB from a memory stick if that will do you? Much cheaper and you may even have a spare one lying around!

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/storage

The official branded 16GB one is £19 -> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sandisk-Usb-Flash-Drive-16GB/dp/B003K1I256/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1334169163&sr=8-2

If you don't mind a refurbished one you can get the proper 60GB HDD's for £22 on ebay -> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-Microsoft-Xbox-360-Hard-Drive-60GB-Genuine-Original-HDD-HardDrive-Disk-/390387114690?pt=Video_Games_Hard_Drives&hash=item5ae4e2a2c2

Anyone know where I can buy an expansion HD for my 360 that's a decent size for less than the price of a new fucking console?

Seriously the price MS charge for a hard drive is a joke.

20gb ones float about ebay for a tenner. Nae the offical badboys but at least they don't cost a Ford Focus and 8 months wages.

20gb ones float about ebay for a tenner. Nae the offical badboys but at least they don't cost a Ford Focus and 8 months wages.

Found a wholesaler on ebay selling new 120Gb ones for £30. Which seems unlikely but for that price it's worth a punt. The latest gimmick of installing HD textures has nailed the space in my original drive.

My neighbour bought one of those 10 quid jobs the other day. I'll ask him tonight if it's decent enough.

The latest gimmick of installing HD textures has nailed the space in my original drive.

Is that for battlefield? the sheer amount of space for playing that game is incredible. With the new update it must be over 4gb!

My neighbour bought one of those 10 quid jobs the other day. I'll ask him tonight if it's decent enough.

Is that for battlefield? the sheer amount of space for playing that game is incredible. With the new update it must be over 4gb!

Battlefield and Forza 4 both installed the HD textures to the hard drive. Looks great but sucks for those of us who didn't want to fork out for Microsoft's overpriced storage.

Battlefield and Forza 4 both installed the HD textures to the hard drive. Looks great but sucks for those of us who didn't want to fork out for Microsoft's overpriced storage.

My blood almost boiled after my xbox elite died. I decided to only get a new 4gb one because I already had a 250gb hard drive from my elite. No where did it say that they weren't compatible. Raging. I feel bad for the people that had forked out for a hard drive before the change to the slim format. The fact that this wasn't made clear was really dissappointing.