aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

S

Computer question

My Dell laptop (bough years ago refurbed via eBay) needs a primary or admin password, is there anywhere I can put the laptop that will get the documents off of it, mainly the photos? It has photographs of a family holiday years ago, and I never backed these up. Plus photos of the family pet (who died on Sunday) etc... I'm really not caring about having the laptop in working order, it's pretty old. Dell won't give me the password because I bought it from ebay, and I changed my paypal account so have no way of proving that I actually own it.

If there is somewhere that can do this, how much roughly? I don't want to put it to Currys because they're cunts, and they wouldn't touch my old external hard drive so probably won't do this.

Sorry I have not been on Aberdeen Music for a week and missed this. Take it to me and I will do free of charge:)

If I am not here just say it is an Aberdeen Music task for Graham.

hey does anyone know any "romantic" places in aberdeen to go for a walk?

like the beach is nice but its fucking cold there.

somewhere thats just pretty chilled and relaxed.

looking for a bar/restraunt that conveys the same sort of atmosphere.

maybe more a bar type place i'm fed up eating food. somewhere half classy but not super exensive where i can just order like a coffee or something instead of a meal. and somewhere thats not packed with people or too mainstream.

any suggestions?

maybe more a bar type place i'm fed up eating food. somewhere half classy but not super exensive where i can just order like a coffee or something instead of a meal. and somewhere thats not packed with people or too mainstream.

any suggestions?

You could just come round to mine?

• Upvote 1

any suggestions?

Kilau

• Upvote 1

Book a room at Captain Toms for an hour. Not Room 4 though, the carpet will probably affect performance. Room 2 is your best bet, using the adjacent rooms for ambient sounds. Plus, it'll cover the sound of "relations".

It was stinking of boy sweat last night... unless they've used air freshener, that could easily set the mood :p

any suggestions?

wait, are you to going to a bar just to walk round it for an evening? that's crazy. i don't think it'll impress your date.

Anyone ever had to return anything to Amazon? How are they to deal with? I have to return some headphones I bought because I ordered the wrong thing. They are all still in the packaging, but the packet has been opened. Are they hardline about that rule?

Should be fine. Under distance selling regs you have the right to return it. You can do it through your order history on the website and they send you a label to print out.

Anyone ever had to return anything to Amazon? How are they to deal with? I have to return some headphones I bought because I ordered the wrong thing. They are all still in the packaging, but the packet has been opened. Are they hardline about that rule?

I have had amazon send me the wrong thing, and of course I only found out when I opened the package. I just had to fill out a form and send it back. I got a refund no problem.

I have had amazon send me the wrong thing, and of course I only found out when I opened the package. I just had to fill out a form and send it back. I got a refund no problem.

Package as in the box it was posted in, or the actual packaging of the product? I opened the whole lot up and took the headphones out of their packet before I realised they were wrong.

I ordered the wrong thing. They are "noise limiting" headphones, so no matter how loud you try to turn up your music it auto-corrects the sound to a sensible level. They are designed to limit hearing damage. You can't switch it off. Somehow I didn't realise that when I ordered them. I only skimmed the description and didn't realise until I started reading the leaflet that came with them.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dB-Logic-EP-100-Limiting-Earphones/dp/B004GV2TGM/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1333493347&sr=8-3-fkmr1