aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

You get a few illegal streams here and there but I usually just search google on the day of the game I want to watch to find one. That is until next year. Hoping to get a new laptop that will stream decently to my TV which is when I'll invest in NHL Gamecentre Live. It'll cost about $120 but that means I can watch any game at any time on demand in HD quality, including the playoffs.

Good games coming up

• Buffalo Sabres @ Washington Capitals tonight - Tied in points for the last playoff berth in the East, this means the winner could go on to get the final playoff spot as there are only 5 games left for both teams. Alex Ovechkin is hot right now but so are the entire Sabres team particularly the goalie Ryan Miller.
  • Nashville Predators @ St Louis Blues tonight - St Louis have been on a surge since getting a new coach and are now top of the league. Nashville have a new guy back in the NHL from Russia and are looking to take 4th place in the West to get home ice advantage in the playoffs.
  • Colorado Avalanche @ Vancouver Canucks Wednesday night - Colorado trying to battle back into playoff contention against 4 other teams with only one spot available while Vancouver hope to retake the top of the Pacific Division for one of the top 3 Western playoff berths.

Watching live is a bitch though. EST games like BUF @ WSH start at midnight, PST games like COL @ VAN start at 3am.

Also, I think they have a few games on in The Office on Sundays. Which games are shown is decided by the regulars, most of which play for the Aberdeen North Stars recreational team.

Ace, thanks :)

Guest Bob Knob
Is it pay-per-view or anything? When we watched the NHL playoffs last year we just went down and asked them to stick ESPN America on with the sound and they were only too happy to.

I think it is PPV. I have a feeling they are showing it but I don't want to turn up dressed as the Ultimate Warrior again for nothing.

• Upvote 1

I finish the second term of classes at uni a week on Friday, and a group of us are planning on getting a really good bottle of whisky to celebrate - i.e. splitting it six ways or something. Budget would be about £50-70, I think.

So, on that note - any recommendations for a really good single malt? I don't mind what part of the country it's from, as none of us are too picky!

Computer question

My Dell laptop (bough years ago refurbed via eBay) needs a primary or admin password, is there anywhere I can put the laptop that will get the documents off of it, mainly the photos? It has photographs of a family holiday years ago, and I never backed these up. Plus photos of the family pet (who died on Sunday) etc... I'm really not caring about having the laptop in working order, it's pretty old. Dell won't give me the password because I bought it from ebay, and I changed my paypal account so have no way of proving that I actually own it.

If there is somewhere that can do this, how much roughly? I don't want to put it to Currys because they're cunts, and they wouldn't touch my old external hard drive so probably won't do this.

As soon as I start it up, for ages it was never starting up properly - was a black screen with white writing, then a few months ago this popped up. It's more for the photographs than anything else. Tried admin, looked this issue up online and some folk had put some commonly used passwords, nothing has worked. Then again, I'm not sure it's letting me type in these passwords as nothing comes up (no asterisks). My dad is just gutted about the dog, he was basically the only other male in the house and was spoilt rotten. I'm pretty sure I have photos of him on this fucking laptop.

Well, if you can get into the computers boot settings by pressing F12 when it's starting up, then the problem is more than likely to be windows-based. If you get into those settings you can tell the laptop to boot an operating system from a pen drive and run it off that - you should then be able to access the files you want and make copies.

xx